Looking for a two-seater

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I didn't realize the Tana had already had its concept sale. So the only way to get hold of a Tana with LTI is buy one on EBay, or Craigslist or some such? Same with the Warlock? And I am curious, I have heard that added equipment is not covered, but if you have a Warlock and it gets all blown up, RSI would replace the EMP Generator if it had LTI, since it was part of the Warlock package?

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I didn't realize the Tana had already had its concept sale. So the only way to get hold of a Tana with LTI is buy one on EBay, or Craigslist or some such? Same with the Warlock? And I am curious, I have heard that added equipment is not covered, but if you have a Warlock and it gets all blown up, RSI would replace the EMP Generator if it had LTI, since it was part of the Warlock package?
yeap, all ships on that list already had their concept sale. Reddit also is a good source for ships. The EMP is part of the ship, so also EMP
[EDIT sorry, interupted] has LTI. It only work otherwise with BUKs (Vanguard) and modules (Endavour and Retaliator) Concept has LTI, bought later has limmited insurance (please correct me when I'm wrong or incomplete)

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Owl

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
Just to elaborate on what marcsand2 said, the basic hull insurance (the one that comes with every ship and package, and by extension LTI) covers the hull and the default equipment of the ship.

Every other weapon or equipment must be additionally insuranced.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Thanks! Do you know what happens if a piece of insured equipment is moved to another ship and that ship is destroyed? I am still thinking of sticking an EMP in a Tana, and if the EMP came out of an LTI ship like a Warlock, would it still be covered whether or not the Tana was covered?

I am suspicious about the accessibility of the EMP generators, since they took them out in 2.2. I want to be sure I have a replenishable supply, and one reason I was pointing out the LTI Warlocks for sale on EBay. They are very cheap for what you get.

My guess is you can put equipment in the back of the Tana just because that is what the Sen does. There should be pipes back there. It will suck if they won;t let us put anything in the back of the Tana, and won't let us put the Tana's reactor, and weapons on the Sen, but they might do that. I'd really like to be able to put added gas tank in one wing and 5 missiles from the Tana in the other.

The Razgriz

Vice Admiral
Jul 24, 2016
RSI Handle
The-Razgriz
Quick update: I just wanted to thank all of you for the advice. And special thanks to makute for for not only selling me a Super Hornet, but also for being patient and walking me through the whole process. Now that I have a SH, my F7C standard can live out it's life as something new. I've (sorta) taken Snakey's advice and traded the standard Hornet for a Freelancer DUR. Was originally going to get the Cutlass Black to use as a "frighter" (freighter/fighter) but after renting one (and throwing a keyboard through a wall) I've decided against it.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Did you tried the Freelancer too? I have both, but the Cutlass is the better "frighter", less cargo space, better manoeuvrable. You need to replace the stock weapons.
When flying the Freelancer, don't forget to map the weapons on/off somewhere. The Freelancer has weapon locks, meaning she will stay firing until the weapons are broke. Switch weapon system off an on again and you are good to go.

The Razgriz

Vice Admiral
Jul 24, 2016
RSI Handle
The-Razgriz
Did you tried the Freelancer too? I have both, but the Cutlass is the better "frighter", less cargo space, better manoeuvrable. You need to replace the stock weapons.
When flying the Freelancer, don't forget to map the weapons on/off somewhere. The Freelancer has weapon locks, meaning she will stay firing until the weapons are broke. Switch weapon system off an on again and you are good to go.
I haven't actually flown the Freelancer yet. The DUR isn't flight ready yet (though for some reason there is also a standard Freelancer in my hanger, no idea why) and I'm in the midst of sea(space?) trials with the Super Hornet. Spent a good amount of REC on guns and am systematically testing my way through them to find the best load out. And I think that part of my issue with the Cutlass was the stock weapons. I rented it in the middle of buying the SH because someone recommended it. I flew it a couple times and got smoked before I could do any real damage.

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
Quick update: I just wanted to thank all of you for the advice. And special thanks to makute for for not only selling me a Super Hornet, but also for being patient and walking me through the whole process.
Thank yoy so much for your kind words :)

I don't have much flight hours with any ship, as my PC can't hardly run the hangar, but the general consensus is that you can't go wrong with the SH.

As much as multipurpose ships go, I think is better to count with a copilot to man the guns, or a wingman to provide support. A couple of well armed Lancer's can be a disuasory sight for any pirate, and still make a nice buck on a cargo run.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I haven't actually flown the Freelancer yet. The DUR isn't flight ready yet (though for some reason there is also a standard Freelancer in my hanger, no idea why) and I'm in the midst of sea(space?) trials with the Super Hornet. Spent a good amount of REC on guns and am systematically testing my way through them to find the best load out. And I think that part of my issue with the Cutlass was the stock weapons. I rented it in the middle of buying the SH because someone recommended it. I flew it a couple times and got smoked before I could do any real damage.
You really should try the Freelancer ;) The DUR won't fly allot different from the standard. I replaced the 3 guns on the Cutlass with 3 Panthers, the 4 guns on the Freelancer with 4 Panthers. I'm not so good at aiming, so the repeaters do fine :)

Gilead-19

Rear Admiral
Sep 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Gilead-19
I have the SH on Buyback from when it was available in May. If you don't mind covering the paypal fees I can gift it to you.

I fly a Sabre so I'm not planning on getting it back for myself anytime soon.
[Dont mind the UK flag, I'm based in the US]
I'm new here, and am tired of getting my butt handed to me every time I try to play in AC with my Avenger Titan. If you still have yours, would you be willing to help a newb out?

Forgot your password?