Looks like the next concept is an Aegis interceptor or racer

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Does seem meh, but if it has the standard Sabre’s stealth capability, this might make an interesting recon scout. Unfortunately, erkul is showing an IR sig 20% above the standard Sabre. So yeah, meh.

The Terrapin and Ghost Hornet are crushing it in stealth since the last signatures pass. Sure wish they’d put a bed in the Turtle.

Last edited:

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
SCM Speed: 267.2 m/s
Role: Racing
Weapons: None
Great.
Every lawnmower in the Empire comes at least with a Size1 fixed weapon because:
It's the law, stoopid!
Okay, so maybe it's not, but i vaquely remember that the reason every ship sports some armed hardpoints is the fact that with the imperial citizenship comes the responsibility of shooting any Vanduul on sight.
Rule of thumb, if it comes with a quantum drive, it's armed.
If it's got no quantum drive, it may or may not be armed.
But consider it armed just to be on the save side.
So as far as I can tell that Peregrine is actually the first QD enabled ship thats only lethal to its pilot.
Sure , she can outrun most dangers but for an Aegis ship it's kinda irritating.
Mirai..?
I might understand...
Origin..?
As long as it got a wooden inlay on the dashboard..
But AEGIS?!

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
The Terrapin and Ghost Hornet are crushing it in stealth since the last signatures pass. Sure wish they’d put a bed in the Turtle.
Are you joshing us man? It's always had a bed. Other than the handling being jerked around in the various flight models, it's not changed since release.

I love the look of the Peregrine, it's a pretty bird that would be fun to fly. But no weapons, as @Mudhawk pointed out, makes it a hard pass. Racing in game isn't meaningful enough to me to spend any $$$ on, so this one goes somewhere down on the 'acquire in game' list.

If someone DOES like racing that much, the cockpit view from that chassis is excellent, and hopefully they've at least kept the tuning from the Raven\Firebird if not improved it slightly.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Sabre Peregrine it is.

"The fastest Sabre model ever conceived, the Peregrine takes the infamous military-born Sabre chassis and tunes it for unadulterated speed; the already streamlined frame is propelled by bespoke thrusters and carefully optimized engines that elevate the Peregrine’s straightaway speed to a whole different league. "

"What the Peregrine lacks in traditional firepower, it more than makes up for in its stout armored frame. What’s more, it remains hard to kill without sacrificing any speed."

SCM Speed: 267.2 m/s
Role: Racing
Weapons: None

View attachment 25856
Are you joshing us man? It's always had a bed. Other than the handling being jerked around in the various flight models, it's not changed since release.

I love the look of the Peregrine, it's a pretty bird that would be fun to fly. But no weapons, as @Mudhawk pointed out, makes it a hard pass. Racing in game isn't meaningful enough to me to spend any $$$ on, so this one goes somewhere down on the 'acquire in game' list.

If someone DOES like racing that much, the cockpit view from that chassis is excellent, and hopefully they've at least kept the tuning from the Raven\Firebird if not improved it slightly.
It's only slightly faster than the others, but without better weapons or better shields / defenses, it better end up being as stealthy as the Eclipse & 1 of the most agile ships in the game to help avoid incoming attacks. Otherwise, it'll make for a beautiful coffin more often than not. I'm still picking up a CCU for it & perhaps someday I might have it added to my meager fleet that keeps growing here & there as time passes. *shrugs* I admit to enjoying ship jpegs.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
My bad. I should have said “galley”. It has a microwave, but nothing like a kitchen.

And yeah, you can make due. It’s not terrible. It has a deceptively small footprint, and it’s pretty quick. No cargo though, which makes no sense to me. Even so, if current signatures stay with us, I have to take a more serious look at the Turtle. The signatures are not just very low for a ship with S2 components. They’re low for any ship in the game. Most don’t realize it but by beta we’ll be able to swap out armor, and the Turtle isn’t wearing any IR suppression, which means it ought to be possible to improve it by another 15-20% with Void Armor. That puts it into Mr Invisible territory. I love that, and with 3 S2 coolers, it should dump all the heat from a hard engine burn in seconds. Poof gone!

Also, if you’re comparing it to other sneak-thieves, note that it can take a Sukoran shield, which has very low power draw, and I think is still blocking ballistics 100%? That’s novel in such a small ship.

It’s a perfect cave runner that you can hide in the trees and no one blows you up while you’re away.

Last edited:

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Sure wish they’d put a bed in the Turtle.
Are you joshing us man? It's always had a bed.
That it does.
Plus it's got 2 weapons racks. A microwave and a tiny fridge.
And if you push the right button you can step into a wonderful shower/loo combo.
Also all components are reacheable from the inside. (But NOT the inside of the loo, mind you.)
You can easily bring a Pulse or two along for convenience.
Or a single PTV if you prefer wheels to hoverbikes. (Can't advise that option but it's possible. Just saying...)
It's got no cargo grid, true.
But neither does the Peregrine.
So there... ;-P

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
And here we have it - The Aegis Sabre Peregrine variant:

Sarbre Peregrine vs Base Sabre:

- SCM Speed: 267 m/s (Peregrine) versus 206 m/s (Base)
- AB Speed: 1448 m/s (Peregrine) vs. 1234 m/s (Base)
- Thrusters: 8 thruster (Peregrine) vs. 10 thrusters (Base)
- Weapons: No weapons?* (Peregrine) vs. S3 guns and missiles (Base)

* No weapons shown for the Peregrine on the ship matrix or ship details page as of 08/30/24.

Last edited:

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Mixed feelings on the Sabre Peregrine. A fighter speedster in a larger frame (something along the lines of lighter but more agile Warden) might be interesting. The Peregrin's top SCM speed is 267 m/s vs. the Warden's 210 m/s, so indeed the Peregrine is 20% faster. But without seeing its guns (assuming it has any), I'm not seeing a reason to pick the Peregrine over other Sabre variants yet. If it has competitive guns and missiles with the other variants, maybe so, but I'm guessing that is what is being sacrificed for the added SCM and AB speeds?

Last edited:
  • o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Aegis Sabre Peregrin

Sarbre Peregrine vs Base Sabre:

- SCM Speed: 267 m/s (Peregrine) versus 206 m/s (Base)
- AB Speed: 1448 m/s (Peregrine) vs. 1234 m/s (Base)
- Thrusters: 8 thruster (Peregrine) vs. 10 thrusters (Base)
- Weapons: No weapons?* (Peregrine) vs. S3 guns and missiles (Base)

* No weapons shown for the Peregrine on the ship matrix or ship details page as of 08/30/24.
It has no weapons; it's a dedicated racing ship. Also, per the release info and Erkul, it has 13 thrusters. 1 main and 12 maneuvering. It's got ridiculous thrust and boost capabilities.

So no Interdiction ship or anything else useful beyond a really fast, expensive taxi that you'll look cool flying in.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
...it's a dedicated racing ship.
Not sure its appealing as a ship of its size without guns? The Peregrine's asset seems to be its afterburner speed at 1448 m/s, which is higher than that of the M50 (1345 m/s), for example. Is that enough to offset having no offensive capability? By comparison, even the smaller M-50 as a racer comes with guns.

Last edited:

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
The Peregrine's asset seems to be its afterburner speed at 1445 m/s, which is higher than that of the M50 (1345 m/s), for example.
Ummm.. where are you pulling those numbers from?

Erkul. games reports:
M50 280 SCM, 620 boosted, 1450 max
Peregrine 267 SCM, 654 boosted, 1448 max (spviewer.eu , pulling from the same data, agrees with this and adds that the ship has 30G of forward acceleration on tap)
Razor 280 SCM, 620 boosted, 1450 max

I'd say it's right in there, even if all the promotional material wasn't hyping it up as a racer.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Not sure its appealing as a ship of its size without guns? The Peregrine's asset seems to be its afterburner speed at 1445 m/s, which is higher than that of the M50 (1345 m/s), for example. Is that enough to offset having no offensive capability? By comparison, even the smaller M-50 as a racer comes with guns.
If your skill is good enough & you're truly willing to give your all to harm your target, the Peregrin can itself be your weapon. Its mass x speed = impact.

Forgot your password?