Made an updated Guide for StarCitizen performance - this should help everyone's overall performance, specially on lower end rigs.

VelvetDiamond

Captain
Dec 2, 2021
RSI Handle
VelvetDiamond
Last edited:

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Looks very thorough - thank you. How did you identify all those settings, and choose the values you did? (I appreciate that takes moments to ask and a long time to answer, so no pressure!) Are you a professional in the field - a game developer or something similar, or a dedicated gamer who figured it all out with a lot of research?

Lonewollf

Space Marshal
Mar 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Lonewollf
Done all of it....thank you for the guide. I didn't get to play much after changing the settings, but from what I did see, it did improve overall performance....Now do you have a guide that will improve MY performance?

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I did try it for an hour last night and it does work. I thought I had good performance, now I know I didn't lol
It's all noticeably smoother, even though I had most of it already checked off. Nothing broke, all my stuff works (as it should, didn't notice any settings in the vid that could cause any issues)
Thanks again @VelvetDiamond

VelvetDiamond

Captain
Dec 2, 2021
RSI Handle
VelvetDiamond
Looks very thorough - thank you. How did you identify all those settings, and choose the values you did? (I appreciate that takes moments to ask and a long time to answer, so no pressure!) Are you a professional in the field - a game developer or something similar, or a dedicated gamer who figured it all out with a lot of research?

Bit of everything really.

Used to work with Computers, building, fixing and doing support an working with Microsoft, Nvidia reps an other companies. Also, you just pick things up over large amounts of time, i tend to keep extremely up to date with everything tech wise an windows.

But a lot of this stuff you can just as easily pick up from gaming over a large number of years an being apart of different game communities.

In other games or gaming communities, specially in competitive ESL games a lot of this stuff is well known an has been for a long time an is used by nearly everyone who takes the game seriously, some of them registry edits i've been using for over 6 years or more. In fact, some of these edits are actually even posted by the Devs for SC on the support page.
Its why im always surprised when large numbers of people dont know about it still. This stuff really should be out there more as it really does help improve game performance an not just in SC either.

The more people who know about this sort of stuff the better.

If you need to know what some of these settings actually do, you can also find them with an explanation on the Microsoft website. I believe theyre listed somewhere still.

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
On the topic of performace, anyone else have the issue with SC flickering when enabling Freesync on an otherwise gsync compatible monitor? I leave it off and just have vsync on in SC to get around this, but being stuck with the 60fps framecap from vsync is kinda annoying.

Reactions: minor_accident

VelvetDiamond

Captain
Dec 2, 2021
RSI Handle
VelvetDiamond
On the topic of performace, anyone else have the issue with SC flickering when enabling Freesync on an otherwise gsync compatible monitor? I leave it off and just have vsync on in SC to get around this, but being stuck with the 60fps framecap from vsync is kinda annoying.
Id probably leave them all turned off if you can, least for SC, Gsync, Vsync an Freesync .

Reactions: minor_accident
Forgot your password?