Making credits

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
The vertical landings are OK-isch, go 3rd person view, hit the brake and land. The side hangars... yeah, I didn't manage lo land or take off from the side hangars.
Oh I hear this! It is poorly designed but it's possible to learn. I recommend not having a cargo the first few times you try this, and you can't request a specific landing pad so your mileage may vary. If you can, try this with a Cutlass or Freelancer (with no cargo). The Cutlass has an extreme misalignment of the hud and is missing the alignment marker. The Freelancer has poor visibility.

When you're more or less aligned outside of the landing pad, put your wheels down. Use the strafe controls, and not the throttle or the pitch and yaw controls to move. Just be aligned, and face your landing zone, and strafe slowly into landing position. Don't press and hold the controls, just tap them. Take your time.

This is a PITA because even 60 years ago, we had better flight attitude controls and alignment markers than we have 900 years from now.

Smithory

Grand Admiral
Donor
Aug 24, 2019
RSI Handle
Sm1tty
Bounties/delivery missions till about 50 to 70k then Trading Laranite and Titanium (mostly Titanium to R&R because they will take it all in one shot) 70k becomes 100k ,100k becomes 150K etc etc

good trading site that Serious put me onto is gallog.co they are a trading org that keeps everything updated

Reactions: marcsand2

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Oh I hear this! It is poorly designed but it's possible to learn. I recommend not having a cargo the first few times you try this, and you can't request a specific landing pad so your mileage may vary. If you can, try this with a Cutlass or Freelancer (with no cargo). The Cutlass has an extreme misalignment of the hud and is missing the alignment marker. The Freelancer has poor visibility.

When you're more or less aligned outside of the landing pad, put your wheels down. Use the strafe controls, and not the throttle or the pitch and yaw controls to move. Just be aligned, and face your landing zone, and strafe slowly into landing position. Don't press and hold the controls, just tap them. Take your time.

This is a PITA because even 60 years ago, we had better flight attitude controls and alignment markers than we have 900 years from now.
I managed to do a horizontal landing today. I'm still practicing on take off 😁

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I managed to do a horizontal landing today. I'm still practicing on take off 😁
It's "fun", and honestly nobody in real life does horizontal landing or take offs in a hanger because it's unnecessary. They would take up more real estate than a vertical landing would need, and are prone to visibility issues, just like in SC. Go slow.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
It's "fun", and honestly nobody in real life does horizontal landing or take offs in a hanger because it's unnecessary. They would take up more real estate than a vertical landing would need, and are prone to visibility issues, just like in SC. Go slow.
Whose idea was it to land in silos and tunnels anyway?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Whose idea was it to land in silos and tunnels anyway?
In real life, probably the Germans in WW 2. We had a lot of funny ideas being generated on both sides. Building a carrier out of ice and wood pulp was a British idea. You could make a very large carrier that way. There was even a successful prototype performed in Alberta Canada. Then they figured out how to make long range aircraft and didn't do it. Look up Project Habakkuk, it's kind of cool.

In SC, which member of CIG is the biggest sadist? That guy.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
The vertical landings are OK-isch, go 3rd person view, hit the brake and land. The side hangars... yeah, I didn't manage lo land or take off from the side hangars.
I have given up on landing at Loreville. Now I land near one of the gates and walk in. I then claim the ship that is outside, spawn one of my more stable ships, usually the Vanguard, power it up, let them open the ceiling, go straight up. Once I clear the doors, I raise the gear and wait for the doors to close. Then I request landing, and hope they give me the same pad, lower gear and go straight down. About a 90% success rate. LOL.

Reactions: marcsand2

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I have given up on landing at Loreville. Now I land near one of the gates and walk in. I then claim the ship that is outside, spawn one of my more stable ships, usually the Vanguard, power it up, let them open the ceiling, go straight up. Once I clear the doors, I raise the gear and wait for the doors to close. Then I request landing, and hope they give me the same pad, lower gear and go straight down. About a 90% success rate. LOL.
For once I listened to MikeyMcG. If your ship starts to drift in the wrong direction, hit space brake. It immediately stabilizes your ship. Luckily I already was in front of the correct hangar. In 3rd person view I looked for an open hangar and entered it. I used the SH. It is small enough to land without worrying about tight spaces.

But the best part: finally I managed to land at the sideway hangars, @O-Lefty entered the channel: lets do some fun stuff, gather up at PO..... God damit, I just managed to land in the sideway hangar, now I must fly back again

• Glorious
Reactions: GPcustoms

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza

Mostly sound advice. The only thing I would like to add is to use your mouse button to adjust your top speed amounts. In fact, you can easily just hold down the button mouse wheel the speed to almost zero and then you just move slowly. Make sure to not attempt landing in decoupled mode or have cruise on.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Mostly sound advice. The only thing I would like to add is to use your mouse button to adjust your top speed amounts. In fact, you can easily just hold down the button mouse wheel the speed to almost zero and then you just move slowly. Make sure to not attempt landing in decoupled mode or have cruise on.
You know, I keep forgetting to do that when I'm moving slow, but I agree it works really well as a throttle governor.

Also, (my opinion) you want to practice even vertical landings at ArcCorp, and not Lorvile until you have the hang of it. It's hangers are covered in visible no-fly zones so you can get the hang of alignment a lot faster... and CIG really needs to fix this. 3rd person destroys any immersion players might have been hoping for.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
You know, I keep forgetting to do that when I'm moving slow, but I agree it works really well as a throttle governor.

Also, (my opinion) you want to practice even vertical landings at ArcCorp, and not Lorvile until you have the hang of it. It's hangers are covered in visible no-fly zones so you can get the hang of alignment a lot faster... and CIG really needs to fix this. 3rd person destroys any immersion players might have been hoping for.
I agree I really look forward to some sort of landing aid on the HUD's. But there is a certain amount of satisfaction about knowing your ship's volume and sticking the landing entirely in 1st person. In which case the horizontal hangers are much easier than the vertical as you can fly directly towards it while the vertical you have to use reference points.

Forgot your password?