Dennitium
Looks pretty damn cool, I need more free time :-D

Reactions: Blind Owl

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
Oh god I just watched that video. Is anyone else hideously worried by the quality of the acting and scripting in there? The woman to woman fes up was cheesy as hell. Also the graphics seem to have gone all BoredErLands. *sobs*

My gut is feeling bad about this game after that trailer. My gut has been right about the last 10 shitty disappointing overhyped games. This id deeply [CONCERNING]
That trailer is still an early build. They still got a few months to go before finalizing the game itself. The animations are still "basic expressions" available, while they iron out other kinks I'm sure. (otherwise, it's definitely not up to BioWare standards)

Either way, I've pre-ordered it, and am eagerly awaiting its release. I wouldn't say BioWare has been perfect, but I've thoroughly enjoyed all their games that I've played, since KotOR. Including SWTOR, and DA2, despite their flaws.

BenjiMac

Commander
Dec 11, 2016
RSI Handle
macFionnlagh
KotOR was a massive gaming experience for me. I was so invested in it and the big plot reveal really worked on me, young and naive as I was.

Goero

Space Marshal
Dec 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Goero101
I was initially late to the ME franchise. By late I mean, I started playing ME1, when ME3 had come out, but before the disastrous original ending was realized. By the time I played through ME 1 and 2 and started ME3, the "better" ending had been released...

I played the crap out of them, I think the only one I didn't pay for all the DLC was the first, but outside of that, ME 2 and ME3 received a lot of my attention and time. I can not WAIT for Andromeda. I really hope the multiplayer still follows the way the trilogy did, cause thats one Multiplayer I can love forever I think.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Was I the only one that didn't mind the original ME3 ending? :|

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
Oh god I just watched that video. Is anyone else hideously worried by the quality of the acting and scripting in there? The woman to woman fes up was cheesy as hell. Also the graphics seem to have gone all BoredErLands. *sobs*

My gut is feeling bad about this game after that trailer. My gut has been right about the last 10 shitty disappointing overhyped games. This id deeply [CONCERNING]
I have a bad feeling about it as well. Feels just like Dragon Age: Inquisition. It was a great game at launch, but I couldn't bring myself to finish it. It was just too much and didn't keep me interested. My hopes for this game aren't really high, but I hope it shows me otherwise.

Reactions: BUTUZ and Blind Owl

Goero

Space Marshal
Dec 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Goero101
I don't know, I personally never really got a chance to see the original ME3 ending. Of course, I also haven't really gone out of my way to hunt it down, because I just wanted to finish MY story.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I don't know, I personally never really got a chance to see the original ME3 ending. Of course, I also haven't really gone out of my way to hunt it down, because I just wanted to finish MY story.
if all you've seen is the "extended ending", then they basically cut a few scenes.

First you don't get to choose to "do nothing" (if you ever done it) to "lose the game". You can only choose Red or Blue... or Green with high enough galactic score(? forgot what it's called)

Oh before that, your companions just "disappear" from the storyline. Nothing to tell them to go back to the ship, it's an order, etc.

After you activate the Catalyst there's no scene reminiscing of other companions/lovers. You just see Normandy escaping the blast, and land on that planet. Then Joker walks out with/without EDI. and that's it. IIRC.

Oh right, I made a video then. Here it is:
That is the worst possible ending btw, lowest score, making the worst decisions, with no remaining ME2 crew alive, etc.

huh... I didn't upload the "Part 26"... ugh. That was basically the ending ending...
well here's all the choices after you pick your poison:
and that was it. No extra scenes, no explanation on what happened, no knowing what happened to other species/planets/etc.

I have a bad feeling about it as well. Feels just like Dragon Age: Inquisition. It was a great game at launch, but I couldn't bring myself to finish it. It was just too much and didn't keep me interested. My hopes for this game aren't really high, but I hope it shows me otherwise.
I never finished Inquisition, because halfway through after finding that Castle, my game got corrupted, so I had to restart, and every time Solas tried to show my way there, it would crash, so I just gave up. Probably a bad mod I installed, and didn't bother continuing because the save file itself was corrupt.

Other than that, I enjoyed the game quite a bit.

Last edited:

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
So I have been watching a lot of videos on the game, and it seems I was right. Based of of interviews with the devs and game reviewers who have already got to play a good portion of the game it's a lot like Dragon Age Inquisition. A lot of content, no substance, and it's dumbed down for a "broader audience". Supposedly some devs even left during the development, and looking at the pre-orders of it, they have 3 different versions offering day 1 dlc and muilitplayer crap. They got rid of the renegade / paragon system as well. Looks like if we were expecting Mass Effect 4, this is far from it. It's Inquisition with ME branding and a sci-fi skin. Fuck EA and fuck their investors, and fuck them for ruining bioware. I'm a HUGE Mass Effect fan so I'm sure you all can see my frustrations.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I feel your frustration and I absorb it. Screw EA - spend the extra £50 on ships.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I've started playing the trilogy again.
Just finished Mass Effect 1, and been playing around with Coalesced.ini mods and installed ALOT (who apparently got pulled down now) for ME2, and I think I finally got everything set up and ready to play. Just landed on Omega.

I've decided to go try Adept this time around. (Previously Infiltrator, Soldier, Sentinel, Infiltrator, Infiltrator, Engineer, Infiltrator, Infiltrator,...) so never really tried a Biotic class except Sentinel, which I mainly used as a Tech Shield Tank. I don't really like Vanguard's play style (from ME3 MP) so I decided for the other one I never played)

ME1 as an Adept was interesting... doesn't do any damage but I got the SuperGun to skip through most of the combat anyway.
I missed out on 1 quest, the Helena Blake one, where I couldn't turn in, because I only visited Citadel again, after Virmire... and couldn't go back again. So I modded the save to tick that one as "complete". Perfect. There were also some scavenging missions incomplete with 1 or 2 more stuff to find, but couldn't be bothered with those. No impact whatsoever.

I think I can finish ME3 and all DLCs just in time for Andromeda.
I just hope ALOT mod for ME3 gets back up by the time I get to it... something about "Permission" or else I'll find it in torrent form.

Can't wait!

Riekopo

Vice Admiral
Mar 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Riekopo
From a preview I read they said that everything is hand crafted. No generic procedural generation. If that's true then it should be great. I think they have learned from the success of The Witcher 3. I'm really looking forward to exploring.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
OK that trailer looks better. I keep my fingers crossed!!

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy

and

!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!

First 13 minutes of the game

on my "Mass Effect Trilogy before Andromeda Comes Out" playthrough, I've started ME3. Downloaded some mods, but some tweaks don't seem to be working so that's what I've been doing the past few days. Should be able to start for real this weekend. Hopefully can finish it before ME:A comes out. I got the EGM mod so that'll add a lot of life to the game, don't know if I can get it done in time.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?