Melting help

Shinlen

Grand Admiral
Nov 1, 2015
RSI Handle
xShinlen
Hey guys. I've never exchanged anything for credits before and I'm kinda dumb how does it work. To bo exact I have one question. I've bought Mustang starter package with SQ42 and SC starter. Then I've upgraded it to Aurora LN and then to Titan. My question here is if I melt that package does it mean that I will lose my SQ42 and SC starter? Or will it melt only my upgrades? How does it exactly work?

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
if I melt that package does it mean that I will lose my SQ42 and SC starter? Or will it melt only my upgrades?
You would also melt SQ42 and SC starter, however, if you want to melt the upgrades for the credits, than you can melt the package, get the credits and unmelt the Mustang starter package 24 hours later, assuming that you still have the 1 unmelt with credits token . It will give you the Mustang starter package and the credits from Mustang to Titan. You only won't be able to play for 24 hours.
The unmelt with credits token will be renewed after 1 Juli.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
You would also melt SQ42 and SC starter, however, if you want to melt the upgrades for the credits, than you can melt the package, get the credits and unmelt the Mustang starter package 24 hours later, assuming that you still have the 1 unmelt with credits token . It will give you the Mustang starter package and the credits from Mustang to Titan. You only won't be able to play for 24 hours.
The unmelt with credits token will be renewed after 1 Juli.
You don't need a token. If he wants to purchase a new starter package, he can do so with store credits, because they're permanently available.
So you can melt your package that contains the Titan and get $90 in store credit. You can use that store credit to buy a new starter package and whatever else you like with the remaining $30. The "unmelt token" is only used to buy back a previously owned pledge with store credit (normally, you can only buy back pledges with fresh money).
Hope this helps.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
You don't need a token. If he wants to purchase a new starter package, he can do so with store credits, because they're permanently available.
So you can melt your package that contains the Titan and get $90 in store credit. You can use that store credit to buy a new starter package and whatever else you like with the remaining $30. The "unmelt token" is only used to buy back a previously owned pledge with store credit (normally, you can only buy back pledges with fresh money).
Hope this helps.
well it depends Which package he/she has. it might be an old lti package, pre split package or the february special. in that case the credits rebuy token is important. if it is the 60 usd package then yeah go ahead and melt it, buy a new package. one thing id like to note if it is the non lti package after you rebuy it dont upgrade it get a nox token(cash warbond is best) then use credits to upgrade it with lti to what you want. the bigger your ship is the more important lti will be.

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
It should also be noted that AFAIK Packages price increased over time, which means you might get the credits you spend on it back, but it might cost more when it's in the buyback.

Also, since you only upgraded to the Avenger Titan so far, I don't see why you'd want to melt it anyway.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hope this helps.
Original Poster states they have s42 in their pledge package. They would not get this back with a modern package, as they were split a while back.

I melted my pledge package with s42, it was an Aurora LN which I had upgraded to a Hornet Ghost before I learned about LTI. I used my Unmelt Token and store credit to get my original pledge package with s42 back, you can find a record of your melted ships and pledges in your account (which reminds me I have n Aurora LX I have been meaning to unmelt). I used the store credit on an LTI 85x and a CCU to a 350R... Or was it a CCU from an LTI Aurora LN I had got hold of to a Connie Taurus...? Gaw, so many ships...

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Adding to the mountain of useful advice with more advice (hopefully just as useful)!
New buyback token should be coming in July (probably on the 3rd). You may be able to buy back with credit soon, if you do not currently have token. If you do have a buyback token, you cannot collect them, so you should use it up before the new one is issued.

Forgot your password?