Mining Guide Updates Blog

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I swear I probably put more effort into a table of contents than I need to.

Refinery Guide ToC:

Table of Contents

Introduction to Refinery Decks
Refinery Deck Locations​
The Mining Support Center
Renting Vehicles & Ships​

Refinement Processing
Ore Sales - Selling Unrefined Minerals/Ore​
Refinement Processing​
Job Creation​
Refinement Methods​
Job Collection & Delivery​

Selling the Refined Material
Distributing Profits

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I have to say mining is a pile of crap at the moment. Me and my mate went down a cave for he first time in 6+ months had a bit of fun filled up some good gems found the body and then cant flecking sell my hardenite anywhere, tried olisar, refineries, hurston CBD. Fekin useless. It was the same when i used refineries for the first time. Wastye of 4 hours then and wasted 4 hours now.

Reactions: Black Sunder

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
I took out the Mole for the first time today. Found a mineable asteroid, went right up to it (almost touching it) LMB while in scan mode, but nothing comes up for me. Then I pressed M and no mining interface. What am I doing wrong?

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I took out the Mole for the first time today. Found a mineable asteroid, went right up to it (almost touching it) LMB while in scan mode, but nothing comes up for me. Then I pressed M and no mining interface. What am I doing wrong?
Its a bug. Some asteroids don't scan even though they should. You did nothing wrong.

Reactions: Esctasy

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Gathering screenshots and data off and on. I'll be honest that this update won't be out for a while. Not going turbo mode on it like I did for 3.12.

New refinery processes btw.
I am glad you have been doing this. It makes jumping back into mining so much easier.

Thank you.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I am glad you have been doing this. It makes jumping back into mining so much easier.

Thank you.
From what I can gather in my limited play so far not much has really changed except the addition of the new subcomponents, some small UI additions, and some new Refinery Processes.

Last edited:

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Well until something is fixed I can't play. PTU won't even launch anymore for several patches now. early 3.13 ones worked fine.

Reactions: Vavrik

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
you are not the only one that has had that issue. I would contact support
There are several confirmed bug reports of the issue now. CIG knows something is happening.

As I can not get on to play, the Guide is on hold. I have all the tables updated though on my end because I was able to get all that before I could no longer play with the J patch I believe.

Reactions: bedoinitusa

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
nope. :D Its ok though, CIG knows its a problem for many many many people. its been confirmed many times.
I am curious, what CPU, GPU, and OS are you using?

I am hoping it is something as simple as a corrupted registry file, but those can be very tricky to figure out

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I am curious, what CPU, GPU, and OS are you using?

I am hoping it is something as simple as a corrupted registry file, but those can be very tricky to figure out
Oh if only it was that simple.

And thats all I'm going to talk about it anymore. I personally see this as a nice break from SC.

Forgot your password?