Ministry Of Truth - Media Creators Wanted

thedeadlybutter

Vice Admiral
Dec 2, 2014
RSI Handle
thedeadlybutters
For creating new gifs I can tell you the process I went through earlier to make the banner i linked a few posts up.

Made 5 frames (each a seperate .gif file). The first 3 we're each apart of the bomb drop animation, and the backgrounds motion blur slightly changing so I was "flying". The other two we're just the text bits.

To build the complete animation I got this tool called "UnFREEz". It's too simplistic but I managed to make it work (never thought I'd say that before about something...).

I kept the frame delay at 0 (you can increase this for longer frames, but no decimals >.> ) and dragged the 3 bomb frames into that box on the left. I did this 2 more times, so in total there was 9 bombing frames.

After that I put in the text frames like 5 times each so they'd stay on screen long enough to read. Hope this was helpful?

Personally I'm going to keep exploring better options, I think I'm pushing this workflow to it's limit...

Reactions: StdDev and mromutt

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Thought I'd do a little research into gif creation for you (and myself too). It would seem that Photoshop actually is the most recommended software for creating bespoke gifs. Like I said before, find some tutorials and you should be up and running pretty quickly.

Reactions: StdDev and mromutt

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Some inspirational propaganda from StarCraft 2
My Raptor Division recruitment poster from a few months ago:

There is a lot of fun to be had when repurposing those old "appeal to authority" posters.

Also I think I should probably put some kind of backdrop on this one. It's a bit too clean now that I'm looking at it again. Maybe that weathered paper from Kersakov or something similar.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
@Loteus and members of the Ministry of Truth,

May I use some of these posters for our RSI Recruiting Thread?
I have saved several and await your approval to use them.

Great work.
Thanks,
Cosmic
If I'm posting it, it's specifically because I want it to be used by anyone. Hell, feel free to modify or ask for source psd files as well. This goes for everyone.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
I actually want to amend my original statement.

As long as the work I'm posting is not a special request for/by a specific individual or group then everyone has my permission to use/alter the things I post. However, if I make a piece as a special request then I would want you to ask the person that put in the original commission for permission to use. I can't imagine it will ever be an issue and I'm sure most people would have done this anyway, but I feel better having said it. :)

Reactions: StdDev

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
I actually want to amend my original statement.

As long as the work I'm posting is not a special request for/by a specific individual or group then everyone has my permission to use/alter the things I post. However, if I make a piece as a special request then I would want you to ask the person that put in the original commission for permission to use. I can't imagine it will ever be an issue and I'm sure most people would have done this anyway, but I feel better having said it. :)
Rodger that. I always ask permission of the Artist or the personal it was made for.

Reactions: StdDev

CitizenX

Space Marshal
Jul 16, 2014
RSI Handle
Citizen-X
a few of my sigs i posted here in these forums - my PS skillsets are intermediate level

-----------------------------------------new !! -----------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------- Newer Still ! ---------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Nightrider

Media Propaganda Czar
Jul 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Nightrider
I do have some super secret TEST Squadron intro videos,
but these are released out to TEST main members that stream Star Citizen.
See the approved channels page here for details.

-----

For Captain Richard's Twitch Stream
Star Citizen Nightly News intro

------

Star Citizen cards

TEST Squadron - BEST Squadron

Ricko from The Base

Admiral Nolan

Captain Richard

Last edited:
Forgot your password?