MISC Fury first look! Here it is!

M4cex

Captain
Dec 10, 2022
RSI Handle
M4cex
I'm in love with the Fury. Many seem to hate it already due to it's small fuel tank and it being a glass cannon. I'm just happy we finally had a new ship released without it being OP and then nerfed shortly after. Ofc we are lacking possible refueling options inside "pocket carriers" but nevertheless I find the ship as a cool little scout combined with my Corsair. I can have a snub and a small ground vehicle inside the ship which is nice. Fury is easy to fly and the view is amazing. I haven't tried it in a combat and probably won't unless I want to wipe some ground troops on some of the wreckage missions.

Freak0

Grand Admiral
Donor
Aug 31, 2019
RSI Handle
Freako_0
I'm thinking the Odyssey would be a fantastic mother ship for these guys. As the game expands, we'll want to travel further out into the black. Distances that make light fighter engagements more rare. These buggers were made for those situations.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I'm in love with the Fury. Many seem to hate it already due to it's small fuel tank and it being a glass cannon. I'm just happy we finally had a new ship released without it being OP and then nerfed shortly after. Ofc we are lacking possible refueling options inside "pocket carriers" but nevertheless I find the ship as a cool little scout combined with my Corsair. I can have a snub and a small ground vehicle inside the ship which is nice. Fury is easy to fly and the view is amazing. I haven't tried it in a combat and probably won't unless I want to wipe some ground troops on some of the wreckage missions.
Yeah I liek it to.. but I hope they come up with some plan to manually refuel it in a carrier ship, if one can add like a transportable refuel tank like a air compressor or emergency power unit.
So you can on smaller ship cary like for one refuel or like larger ship like Carrack have room for larger refuel unit, even so only for two or three refuels..
To keep it somewhat balanced toward refuel ship and that game play, meaning if you have a refuel unit you still need to get to a refuel station or refuel ship at some point to keep it flying.
CHEER!

Reactions: M4cex

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I'm firmly of the mind that LX should stand for "Leather Xterior" and that all LX ships should be redone with a leathery exterior design.

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
The Razor LX is still listed as luxury.
LX in the manner of the Razor:
The Razor gets supercharged. The LX features an overclocked engine to unleash blazing top speeds perfect. This power comes at a cost with reduced maneuverability and armaments making it ideal for straight-shot racing. But who needs weapons when you’re leaving your competition in the dust.
LX in the manner of the Aurora:
Be proud of your roots with the brand-new Aurora Deluxe, built for the discerning pilot who never forgets where he or she came from. The LX features patent leather interior to guarantee comfort for those long stretches in the deep black.
In the case of the Razor, the focus\emphasis is on the speed of the ship, while with the Aurora, it is on the "comfort"\appearance. With the Fury, it is likely they will take the same focus as the Razor has (given it is from the same manufacturer), rather than that of the Aurora, and this will be a "racing" variant.

After all, with its current fuel capacity, I don't imagine anyone would be intending\expecting to be seated in a fury for "long stretches in the deep black.".

• o7
Reactions: Mich Angel

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
LX in the manner of the Razor:

LX in the manner of the Aurora:

In the case of the Razor, the focus\emphasis is on the speed of the ship, while with the Aurora, it is on the "comfort"\appearance. With the Fury, it is likely they will take the same focus as the Razor has (given it is from the same manufacturer), rather than that of the Aurora, and this will be a "racing" variant.

After all, with its current fuel capacity, I don't imagine anyone would be intending\expecting to be seated in a fury for "long stretches in the deep black.".
The Razor LX doesn't give up any maneuverability. It's a little faster and gives up the missiles in return. That's hardly luxury. So the sales page, as usual, doesn't reflect the ship it describes.

The Fury is, IMHO, a waste of money as it lacks a quantum drive, and I have a Liberator in my fleet. The only use for the Fury is as an LTI token.

• o7

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
The Razor LX doesn't give up any maneuverability. It's a little faster and gives up the missiles in return. That's hardly luxury. So the sales page, as usual, doesn't reflect the ship it describes.

The Fury is, IMHO, a waste of money as it lacks a quantum drive, and I have a Liberator in my fleet. The only use for the Fury is as an LTI token.
I can't find anything from CIG that claimed the "LX" variant of the Razor was ever intended as some "Luxury" version, so I'm curious where they stated that was what MISC intended the letters to refer to (and also what the EX was officially meant to represent) - Going back to the initial release, the focus was only around its "speed"\acceleration, with no indication of any expectation of "luxury" - https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16599-misc-celebrates-50-years

The Aurora LX, on the other hand, was certainly advertised around "Luxury", with the LX being the "deluxe" variant of that line.

Just because 2 manufacturers use the same letters (or words - Drake has a Cutter, and the Reclaimer is also supposed to include a "cutter" - It doesn't mean it's the same, or even a similar, ship) to designate a model doesn't mean that they both intend those letters to represent the same thing.

As to the Fury, as with all ships\vehicles\items, its utility (or otherwise) comes down to the individual player - For many, it'll just be seen as an "LTI Token", while others may see it as having a legitimate use in their fleet and wish to pledge for it to keep as it provides gameplay\utility that they enjoy in the game and they do not wish to have to "grind" after any potential wipes in order to buy it. I doubt I'll have any use for one myself, but if it continues with the MISC\MIRAI use of "LX" to refer to the "racing" variant of their ships (and, at the size of the ship, it may be intended to compete against the P52\P-72 ships), then I imagine there'll be a few players who enjoy racing in the game looking to acquire one for their permanent fleet.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I can't find anything from CIG that claimed the "LX" variant of the Razor was ever intended as some "Luxury" version
Take the red pill and enter the Ship Matrix:

1688366171326.png

1688366310975.png

Last edited:
  • Glorious

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Take the red pill and enter the Ship Matrix:

View attachment 24756

View attachment 24757
Thanks - I must have overlooked that (Not that it's the most reliable source of information from CIG, anyway... But I'm not sure there is such a thing as an acurate source either).

I'm guessing that the "Luxury" for various ships may be based on a different choice for the definition for "luxury":
1: a condition of abundance or great ease and comfort: sumptuous environment
2: something adding to pleasure or comfort but not absolutely necessary
The Aurora would seem to be focussed more around the "comfort" area based on the descriptions of the ship from CIG, while the Razor appears more focussed on the "pleasure" and being "not absolutely necessary" facet as there's no reference to "comfort" in any of the information released for the Razor LX.

The "Luxury Xterior" option could also be true - After the first entry into atmo, though, it burns off, so the ships go back to looking like the standard versions.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I can't find anything from CIG that claimed the "LX" variant of the Razor was ever intended as some "Luxury" version, so I'm curious where they stated that was what MISC intended the letters to refer to (and also what the EX was officially meant to represent) - Going back to the initial release, the focus was only around its "speed"\acceleration, with no indication of any expectation of "luxury" - https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16599-misc-celebrates-50-years

The Aurora LX, on the other hand, was certainly advertised around "Luxury", with the LX being the "deluxe" variant of that line.

Just because 2 manufacturers use the same letters (or words - Drake has a Cutter, and the Reclaimer is also supposed to include a "cutter" - It doesn't mean it's the same, or even a similar, ship) to designate a model doesn't mean that they both intend those letters to represent the same thing.

As to the Fury, as with all ships\vehicles\items, its utility (or otherwise) comes down to the individual player - For many, it'll just be seen as an "LTI Token", while others may see it as having a legitimate use in their fleet and wish to pledge for it to keep as it provides gameplay\utility that they enjoy in the game and they do not wish to have to "grind" after any potential wipes in order to buy it. I doubt I'll have any use for one myself, but if it continues with the MISC\MIRAI use of "LX" to refer to the "racing" variant of their ships (and, at the size of the ship, it may be intended to compete against the P52\P-72 ships), then I imagine there'll be a few players who enjoy racing in the game looking to acquire one for their permanent fleet.
@NaffNaffBobFace beat me to it, and the word luxury is used in at least two other places, in addition to the ship matrix as well. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships?sort=store&search=&itemType=ships&storefront=pledge&type=&mass=&manufacturer_id[]=4&manufacturer_id[]=96&length=&max_crew=1&msrp=&

With no Quantum drive, it makes a very slow landing craft, if it even has enough fuel for the round trip and can't carry anything worth talking about. It takes up cargo space or landing pads that can be better served with other options. There is very few places you can carry it that you can't carry a Razor or Arrow. I can't find any utility for this very niche craft.

But, I'm not perfect. I may have missed a use. What is your use case, the utility you've identified, for this ship?

It reminds me of a "pod" from 2001, a Space Odyssey. Maybe give it some arms, and a cutter to move cargo or aid in salvage.

View: https://youtu.be/NqCCubrky00

Forgot your password?