Mostly solo player with a huge ship - dilemma

What should supitza do with his Endeavor?

• Keep it and brute-force solo it / make some friends.

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Keep it and try to rent it for UEC.

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Melt it and buy several, smaller ships.

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Sell it and run away with the money.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I am BlindOwl.

Votes: 31 54.4%

• Total voters

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
NPCs should be able to do any job a player can do, so they make that 90% of the 'verse believable. Given enough UEC, I hope we'll be able to hire a competent NPC crew. We'll have to wait and see!
Yeah, the real question there is whether or not NPCs will be as proportionately profitable as players are. If the AI just isn't up to par then the risk of losing money/time/your ship is much greater. If cap ships are as hard to manage as CIG implies, you might have to get a few people on board to cover the most critical roles.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
If you use the Endeavor to grow spaceweed (Cosmibis), then all the friends you'll ever need will find YOU. I mean....nobody onboard, including the navigator, will know where the hell you're headed; but it will be a fun ride!

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I won't be able to get all the modules, but I've saved up for the Medical Bay + Landing Bay. If they make the modules available for more than 1 day during the Anniversary Sale, I'll get buybacks for more of them.
My top configurations for the Endeavor are as follows:
1. Hope (Medical + Landing Bay)
2. Discovery (full on science - GRP, GSP, Crew) - this is the one that's supposed to make drugs, btw.
3. Supercollider

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
The recent post (https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16185-The-Shipyard-Turrets) had great info, we should perhaps start a thread dedicated to this and update as necessary. In particular, they distinguish between NPC and AI controlled turrets, stating:

AI vs NPC vs Point Defense Turrets
Any turret can be controlled via an NPC acting as player, but AI or Autonomous Control is a separate function requiring a blade to be added to your computer item (formerly Avionics Module).

For each turret you wish to be AI controlled i.e. it engages and tracks independently of player or NPC input, you need to have a Blade equipped for that. Ships that come with these types of turrets either have these blades already installed or additional computer items to hold them in, as blade space is restricted. This is designed to force players into choosing between adding this feature or other blade features when customizing your ship.

Point Defense Turrets are simply AI controlled turrets with the computer and blades necessary, and with a specific weapon loadout intended to make them effective at neutralizing incoming fast threats like missiles or torpedoes. Any turret can be equipped with these particular weapons and computer blades. PDTs just come ready to go out of the box.
So, we will definitely have options, live crew, NPC, and even AI!

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
The recent post (https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16185-The-Shipyard-Turrets) had great info, we should perhaps start a thread dedicated to this and update as necessary. In particular, they distinguish between NPC and AI controlled turrets [...]
So, we will definitely have options, live crew, NPC, and even AI!
As I understand it, NPCs will be physical humanoids (like the players, but scripted/subsumption-ed), and AI controlled turrets will act on their own - without someone (be it a player or an NPC) standing there.
Think of NPCs as, well... traditional NPCs and AI controlled like an auto-turret, for example.

EDIT: I am incoherent. Some turrets will require a player or an NPC to physically use them, other turrets will be automated (no need for a player or NPC).

Plagueis

Admiral
Dec 3, 2016
RSI Handle
xPlagueisx
As I understand it, NPCs will be physical humanoids (like the players, but scripted/subsumption-ed), and AI controlled turrets will act on their own - without someone (be it a player or an NPC) standing there.
Think of NPCs as, well... traditional NPCs and AI controlled like an auto-turret, for example.

EDIT: I am incoherent. Some turrets will require a player or an NPC to physically use them, other turrets will be automated (no need for a player or NPC).
One good thing about NPCs they gain experience through time making them more efficient.

Varku

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Varku
So ich drücke jezt auf den knopf der meseeks box und wünsche mir levitation zu lernen... so lief das oder? Kappa

Ups wrong language..

So, let me just press that button on the meseeks box and wish to learn levitation... thats how it works right?

Last edited:
Forgot your password?