My cinematic meandering showcasing the Lorville environment

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha

"Chewing the Scenery" is a video series in which I showcase the amazing environments within video games. This time, I take meandering, cinematic tour through the massive city of Lorville on the planet Hurston in Star Citizen Alpha 3.4.

LORVILLE is one of the many company towns Hurston Dynamics has established for its employees on the company-owned planet "Hurston". While the city overlooks some of the larger strip-mining operations that are currently underway, it exists in the shadow of "Central", the corporate headquarters for Hurston Dynamics. Lorville's three main districts, connected by a mass transit system, run the gamut from the working class grit & grime to the opulence of a galactic weapons manufacturer.

All footage was recorded in game by me in Star Citizen Alpha 3.3 & 3.4 within the sandbox "Universe" or "Crusader" game mode in 4k 21:9, 3440x1440.

Check it out on Roberts Space Industry's Community Hub here

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
That's frecking brilliant @mr-hasgaha amazing video. I love it : -D
Thanks Mich!
@mr-hasgaha is the the Master of Doing Cool Stuff With In-Game Cinematics
Awww, I appreciate that.
NICE!

Before I saw your video, I never realzed how polygonal the pool balls were. This game is literally UNPLAYABLE! lol
Thanks. Yeah, we noticed that when the pool table was first introduced in the Star Marine map. We were trying to get a closeup shot and realized how low-poly the pool balls are. And that's fine... most people aren't going to get THAT close to them.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Thanks Mich!

Awww, I appreciate that.

Thanks. Yeah, we noticed that when the pool table was first introduced in the Star Marine map. We were trying to get a closeup shot and realized how low-poly the pool balls are. And that's fine... most people aren't going to get THAT close to them.
I'm just parodying how people can focus on an insignificant detail, and then go "Full Retard" with their complaining. I really never did notice, until your video...which proves your point. The game is drop-dead gorgeous and immersive, and your videos are great! I left an up vote on YouTube. Thanks again for your work on this!

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
I'm just parodying how people can focus on an insignificant detail, and then go "Full Retard" with their complaining. I really never did notice, until your video...which proves your point. The game is drop-dead gorgeous and immersive, and your videos are great! I left an up vote on YouTube. Thanks again for your work on this!
Nah... I knew it was a joke... but true. It's funny though, there are MANY objects or areas in the game where if you look close enough, it doesn't look so great. The pool balls are one of the best examples of low-poly shapes just because spheres are expensive, poly-wise. Textures can also be lacking in some nooks and crannies. I try my best to hide such things when possible... but I really wanted that pool table shot.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
lmao I flew to Hurston yesterday for the first time and I will be honest I have not played much so I am below novice when it comes to piloting lol anyways took me awhile to get there and my landing was so slow they gave my spot away but i decided to land anyways and fell through the floor and died and then got a crime ticket for landing without permission lol. A blast was had and the beers made it that much more fun!

And great video! I can't believe how good this game is looking!

Forgot your password?