My Recommended Dual T-16000M Bindings

BuzZz_Killer

Captain
Jun 9, 2020
RSI Handle
BuzZz_Killer
I'll keep this thread updated with my latest binding for these sticks.

Updated 9/30/2020 for Alpha 3.11

Dual T-16 Binding Chart (3-10 PTU).jpg

You can download this chart (attached), my exported bindings, and my JoyToKey Profile from DropBox.

DropBox Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nyvtt0mssm9574g/AADlFB-cqorTO7qBZ--zxp_-a?dl=0

If this is your first time using my bindings, make sure to watch my Dual Joystick Setup Series on YouTube.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZRuujdBmtg&list=PLcfoKKM84nAV4JceoPGAqmPXcBx10y0Wx

If you have problems make sure to read the readme and additional notes files in Dropbox. If you still can't get things working, feel free to drop a comment on my 3.8 video. That's the best way to reach me. I don't check my Reddit, Twitter, or Forum messages very often, but I always get notifications when someone comments on a YouTube video.

See you in the 'verse!

Updated for 3.10p due to massive changes to bindings.

Attachments

Last edited:

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I'll keep this thread updated with my latest binding for these sticks.

Updated 9/30/2020 for Alpha 3.11

View attachment 18871

You can download this chart (attached), my exported bindings, and my JoyToKey Profile from DropBox.

DropBox Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nyvtt0mssm9574g/AADlFB-cqorTO7qBZ--zxp_-a?dl=0

If this is your first time using my bindings, make sure to watch my Dual Joystick Setup Series on YouTube.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZRuujdBmtg&list=PLcfoKKM84nAV4JceoPGAqmPXcBx10y0Wx

If you have problems make sure to read the readme and additional notes files in Dropbox. If you still can't get things working, feel free to drop a comment on my 3.8 video. That's the best way to reach me. I don't check my Reddit, Twitter, or Forum messages very often, but I always get notifications when someone comments on a YouTube video.

See you in the 'verse!

Updated for 3.10p due to massive changes to bindings.
Hey @BuzZz_Killer

I have been using you last mapping for dual T16 recently and i have an issue with the bindings (I have 2 T16000M FCS).

I have imported your profile into the game, not using an external joystick program like joy2key.

It seems the left hand modifier button it not working as intended (not working at all actually) so i can not use any mapping coupled with modifier.
Same for all the double tap actions on both left/right hands. How to do a proper double tap with your mapping? is there a specific timing?

I also have one question for your VOIP mapping to button 4 on the right hand. You mean ingame VOIP or you also use discord/guilded for push to talk? I have set the button 4 from right hand in discord/guilded to push to talk, but actually it works as if both left hand / right hand buttons 4 trigger the VOIP. So when i am using afterburner with 4 on left hand, it also activates VOIP in external proigrams.

Any tips maybe?

Reactions: marcsand2

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Hey @BuzZz_Killer

I have been using you last mapping for dual T16 recently and i have an issue with the bindings (I have 2 T16000M FCS).

I have imported your profile into the game, not using an external joystick program like joy2key.

It seems the left hand modifier button it not working as intended (not working at all actually) so i can not use any mapping coupled with modifier.
Same for all the double tap actions on both left/right hands. How to do a proper double tap with your mapping? is there a specific timing?

I also have one question for your VOIP mapping to button 4 on the right hand. You mean ingame VOIP or you also use discord/guilded for push to talk? I have set the button 4 from right hand in discord/guilded to push to talk, but actually it works as if both left hand / right hand buttons 4 trigger the VOIP. So when i am using afterburner with 4 on left hand, it also activates VOIP in external proigrams.

Any tips maybe?
Mmm i think i found the answer, @BuzZz_Killer your file layout_BK_T-16_3-12_exported.xml for 3.12 seems to be missing the entry for js1_button1 (or js1_rctrl?). I will also check for the double tap issues, might be same problem in the xml.

Edit : Nvm, i guess the solution is in the multiple comments oin your channel, i'll try with Joy2key, seems the modifier can not be mapped ingame with xml.

Last edited:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2

Any tips maybe?
That is because Discord and now also Guilded don't use directX to detect sticks. With directX, any program can distinguish which button on which stick is pressed. Instead Discord and Guilded use an another interface to bind stick buttons, I think that is xbox 360 emulator. This emulator can detect button presses, but can't distinguish between sticks, so every stick and throttle and button box and whatever devices you have will be detected as 1 device.
Every device has button 1, so if you bind that button in Discord or Guilded, then you can control that same function from every device with button 1. Not desired, but it unfortunate is like this.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
is dual stick viable right now? I love the feeling of flying with them
It always has been

but last I recall it was almost impossible to hit anything with sticks?
Blind Owl 😝

It is harder to aim with sticks, because you must aim with your ship instead of with your mouse, but on the other hand, it is easier to fly with sticks. There was a time where ESP was just awful, either to weak or to strong, or just wrong. They fixed that with the new flight model in 3.6, but still it depends on your weapon choice.

Cannons are not made for me. I learned that the hard way. Unless my targets fly like AI, repeaters also are not optimal. My best option right now is to get really close and brrrrrt a few bursts with overclocked Gatling's. 1.5x the usual metal in the sky. Unfortunately, now it is possible to protect yourself against those brrrrrts, soo people who actually manage to utilize slower repeaters or even the cannons, well, they have more options.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Edit : Nvm, i guess the solution is in the multiple comments oin your channel, i'll try with Joy2key, seems the modifier can not be mapped ingame with xml.
This is also the solution for PTT. Bind a joystick button to a not used keyboard key. Good luck finding one, the key bindings in SC become more and more. They even don't bind everything anymore default.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
@Vavrik, in case it is overpriced on Amazon (.com i guess?) try other countries like France or Germany. In France they are sold out on amazon or 2x / 3x the public price, but you can find some at normal public price elsewhere like on Cdiscount. Not overpriced like for the Hotas or Duo pack on amazon.com.
In germany you have the duo pack for regular price ~120€, sold and shipped by amazon.de (make sure to select amazon.de as seller, not marketplace vendor) https://www.amazon.de/Thrustmaster-T-16000M-Space-System-Software/dp/B076J1JBNY/ref=sr_1_3?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=thrustmaster+t16000+fcs&qid=1615925763&sr=8-3
It will probably cost you a bit more with shipping and import fees. But amazon.de ships internationaly guaranteed.

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
It always has been
Shhhhhh, you need to let me (mis)remember a time when I could blame my joysticks! Haha
Blind Owl 😝
Haha, touché! I do resemble this remark.
It is harder to aim with sticks, because you must aim with your ship instead of with your mouse, but on the other hand, it is easier to fly with sticks. There was a time where ESP was just awful, either to weak or to strong, or just wrong. They fixed that with the new flight model in 3.6, but still it depends on your weapon choice.

Cannons are not made for me. I learned that the hard way. Unless my targets fly like AI, repeaters also are not optimal. My best option right now is to get really close and brrrrrt a few bursts with overclocked Gatling's. 1.5x the usual metal in the sky. Unfortunately, now it is possible to protect yourself against those brrrrrts, soo people who actually manage to utilize slower repeaters or even the cannons, well, they have more options.
Ok, so the pip thing is what I'm remembering. I'll try my sticks, see how they feel.

I think I have my Sentinel setup with an M7 and the BVRS. Heavy on the think, lol. I'm really first starting to get back into this.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I think I have my Sentinel setup with an M7 and the BVRS. Heavy on the think, lol. I'm really first starting to get back into this.
Ah yeah, also very important: distance. Too far away: your shots get evaded very easy. Too close: you can't align fast enough to land some shots.... but if they land: devastating

Forgot your password?