My take on the redeemer size [picture heavy]

zelange

Space Marshal
Feb 5, 2018
RSI Handle
zelange
Hello fellow testies!

This is just a cross post about my test on the leaked and showed redeemer model i talk about it on spectrum i want to share with you :

First i think the model we have seen online was scaled to get the engines roughly the same size as the old redeemer

I finally get my hand on it and try to toy around and take different reference point to see how it end.

Just to be on the same page for the weapons, the two manned turrets look like to get equipped with the s4 revenant model, bottom and back remote look like to get the s3 M5A model, and the nose gun look like to be a twin barrel tarantula GT-870 Mark 3, i suspect it's the future tarantula s4 model.

So i first take a hoplite in a 3d software as reference and try some scale experiment, first i try to scale the redeemer to have the S4 revenant the same size as the on the hoplite nose :
Nouvelle image bitmap.jpg
Nouvelle image bitmap4.jpg

Nouvelle image bitmap2.jpg
Nouvelle image bitmap3.jpg

It make the ship really look tiny from my point of view and i feel it's off.

After that i take the turrets ring shape as reference and get far better results:
reddemer turrets scale.jpg
reddemer turrets scale4.jpg

reddemer turrets scale5.jpg
reddemer turrets scale7.jpg

reddemer turrets scale8.jpg
reddemer turrets scale9.jpg

Now the cockpit look like to fit, the m5a look at the good size but the revenant look like to become one size bigger (s5 on turrets maybe :)

I suspect they don't have the s5 ballistic gun ready so they just upscale the s4 model, either because it will be s5 or just to look better)

Everything here is just speculation and need to be taken with a grain of salt, as the ship can also be put on a side for another year and re-concept or modified another time, and the gun can totally be put and scale on the fly to look good, and not to be representative of the definitive loadout.

Last edited:

zelange

Space Marshal
Feb 5, 2018
RSI Handle
zelange
I try to take bottom of the redeemer around the vanguard bottom with door more or less near each other to give a sense of scale :
reddemer turrets scale bottom compare.jpg
reddemer turrets scale bottom compare2.jpg

reddemer turrets scale bottom compare3.jpg
reddemer turrets scale bottom compare4.jpg

reddemer turrets scale10.jpg
reddemer turrets scale11.jpg

I also found the closed model to the gun i think, the S3 tarantula, but this is a twin barrel variant (a S4 model maybe?)
tarantula 4.jpg
Tavern-Upload-Image-14195-1590684999.jpg

And here some of the in-game model as reference, here from top to bottom the M5A, M4A and the M3A, and the S6 revenant
The M5A is clearly the one used on remote turrets with it's nose tip

Tavern-Upload-Image-14195-1590739028.jpg
Tavern-Upload-Image-14195-1590739212.jpg

My personnal conclusion is that the redeemer will be really scary:
- 2 manned turrets equipped with 2S5 guns
- 2s4 for the pilot (also maybe gimbal as there is a space between the hull and the gun around the size of a gimbal system)
- 2 remote turrets with S3 gun, one for the pilot one for the tail

If i am right and i take laser repeater as reference (panther, rhino, etc) this make it 6160 dps one the front of the ship.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I try to take bottom of the redeemer around the vanguard bottom with door more or less near each other to give a sense of scale :
View attachment 16266View attachment 16267

View attachment 16268View attachment 16269

View attachment 16270View attachment 16271

I also found the closed model to the gun i think, the S3 tarantula, but this is a twin barrel variant (a S4 model maybe?)
View attachment 16272View attachment 16273

And here some of the in-game model as reference, here from top to bottom the M5A, M4A and the M3A, and the S6 revenant
The M5A is clearly the one used on remote turrets with it's nose tip

View attachment 16274View attachment 16275

My personnal conclusion is that the redeemer will be really scary:
- 2 manned turrets equipped with 2S5 guns
- 2s4 for the pilot (also maybe gimbal as there is a space between the hull and the gun around the size of a gimbal system)
- 2 remote turrets with S3 gun, one for the pilot one for the tail

If i am right and i take laser repeater as reference (panther, rhino, etc) this make it 6160 dps one the front of the ship.
If you are right, this puts this ship more on par with Valk and Prowler price tag also, 250$ not enough because they raised all the other ship prices around it, this will be a 350$-400$ ship if this is even remotely what it turns out to be.

zelange

Space Marshal
Feb 5, 2018
RSI Handle
zelange
If you are right, this puts this ship more on par with Valk and Prowler price tag also, 250$ not enough because they raised all the other ship prices around it, this will be a 350$-400$ ship if this is even remotely what it turns out to be.
It's funny when you think about it, when it was announced most peoples complain it cost to much and don't get enough firepower.
And now we are here, it's too cheap for what it does with the massive firepower (if confirmed of course).

Devil Dog Hog

Space Marshal
Jan 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DevilDogHog
My impression of it is its like a cross between a prowler with the two decks and passenger capacity, a Vanguard for size, firepower, and a valk for hauling a possible cyclone on the utility in the back like a halo pelican.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Nice work, really nice work for on the 3D model!
I wonder if they plan to introduce another balistic repeater other then the one already in game: that iimmage is defenitly form the Gallant manucaturer but the twin barrel let me think that is not a tarantula's series weapon...

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm curious in what ways CIG is going to balance out (nerf) the Redeemer as its initial concept was clearly OP in several ways, which is no doubt part of the reason it hasn't been released yet in addition to its overall styling issue. My best guess is that the individuals that will handle the remote turrets will be the crew it drops off. So while it'll have plenty of firepower entering an LZ to drop of the squad, it'll be far less capable afterwards. Its range will also be limited to around the distance of the Prowler or Valk so that the Hoplite can keep its only advantage over the other drop ships.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
The problem I see is, they made this ship out to be a monster but then the Prowler, Valk and Hoplite came along and kind of took its thunder away, in order to put this ship on par with those the would have to do a lot, size, power etc... to do this that changes the entire initial concept of the ship and would require a major overhaul and price hike. They are stuck then leaving it the lesser of the 4 options, in order to do this you need to make it valuable in a way those other 3 ships aren't, how do you accomplish this? Gun wise, the Valk smokes it, yes it requires manned turrets but the Valk can be flown solo like the Redeemer, carry a lot more people and vehicles with some cargo, has more armor, bigger components etc... stealth wise its no contest to a Prowler which is also decently armed, the Hoplite is the only one that's really not on par but the advantage of the Hop is you can have other modules to swap in and out so now could have 4 ships in 1.

I think this is why this ship is stuck in limbo, why they had a hard time pushing it out without completely wiping the concept out, they have to find a middle ground and to me personally I don't see it, if I had to choose between this and a Valk, I take the Valk any day.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
The problem I see is, they made this ship out to be a monster but then the Prowler, Valk and Hoplite came along and kind of took its thunder away, in order to put this ship on par with those the would have to do a lot, size, power etc... to do this that changes the entire initial concept of the ship and would require a major overhaul and price hike. They are stuck then leaving it the lesser of the 4 options, in order to do this you need to make it valuable in a way those other 3 ships aren't, how do you accomplish this? Gun wise, the Valk smokes it, yes it requires manned turrets but the Valk can be flown solo like the Redeemer, carry a lot more people and vehicles with some cargo, has more armor, bigger components etc... stealth wise its no contest to a Prowler which is also decently armed, the Hoplite is the only one that's really not on par but the advantage of the Hop is you can have other modules to swap in and out so now could have 4 ships in 1.

I think this is why this ship is stuck in limbo, why they had a hard time pushing it out without completely wiping the concept out, they have to find a middle ground and to me personally I don't see it, if I had to choose between this and a Valk, I take the Valk any day.
You forget that the actual key advantage that the Hoplite has over the others is that it's long range. Unlike the others, it has a pair of beds & it's geared to travel much farther than the others on a single fill up. Which while penetrating enemy space can be a matter of life & death.

I suspect that the thinness of the hull of the Prowler will be its Achilles heel, just like the side & main doors of the Valk are its due to sudden depressurization.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I think if they turned this into strictly a gunship it would make sense, get rid of the dropship aspect, turn it into a gunship and then you have your reason for buying this over the other 3 imo.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
They're obviously planning to go the gunship role or why add a turret? Hope they don't take the marine seats out.
As it sits now, 250$ is fine with me, if they jack this up to 350-400$ I don't see the value over any of the other ships, just adding guns to me and still trying to make it a hybrid of gun/drop ship I will take the Prowler or Valk in that price range. It will be interesting to see where it ends up. I think CIG is in a pickle with this ship and that's why its been in limbo.

Forgot your password?