Naming my ship

NaffNaff's ship should be called:

• Aquiperantium, that's cultured bro and it was first.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Mr. Blobby, it's totally this rides personality, man.

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • I don't know and I don't care.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I do know, but I still don't care.

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hi TEST, I need your help - I like naming my ships. It's fun and a way to give it a bit of unique personality but I'm stuck between two names for my latest craft...

So I got me a Starfarer Gemini in the last anniversary sale. I already have a standard Starfarer called The Murderers Child for reasons what I made up, so thought I would call the Star-G Aequiperantium (it means "Comparison by means of equivalent relations) which I felt having the normal one to compare it to was very fitting...

So far all good...

But then I flew it.

And I flew it a bit more...

Sometimes you can only really get to know a ship by experiencing it... and although the posh name i'd come up with is nice, it's just not the G's personality...

If you are from the UK and were alive in the 1990's, you'll remember... Mr. Blobby. He was an character in a prime time Entertainment show who would sweep in like a summer storm, smash up the place a bit in an innocent yet destructive slapstick routine, then bugger off again. Below is an example of his last outing on a Quiz show about the 90's:

View: https://youtu.be/97fw8xjB5u4?t=35

So, the Starfarer Gemini Mr. Blobby. Big. Chunky. Destructive. Semi-uncontrolable. Hits the floor a lot. If they had a pink paint scheme with yellow spots for the ship it would already be this ships name...

I can't choose - Should it be Aquiperantium or Mr. Blobby?

(If there aren't enough options in the poll please check this thread for more: https://testsquadron.com/threads/the-ultimate-poll.9941/)

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Hi TEST, I need your help - I like naming my ships. It's fun and a way to give it a bit of unique personality but I'm stuck between two names for my latest craft...

So I got me a Starfarer Gemini in the last anniversary sale. I already have a standard Starfarer called The Murderers Child for reasons what I made up, so thought I would call the Star-G Aequiperantium (it means "Comparison by means of equivalent relations) which I felt having the normal one to compare it to was very fitting...

So far all good...

But then I flew it.

And I flew it a bit more...

Sometimes you can only really get to know a ship by experiencing it... and although the posh name i'd come up with is nice, it's just not the G's personality...

If you are from the UK and were alive in the 1990's, you'll remember... Mr. Blobby. He was an character in a prime time Entertainment show who would sweep in like a summer storm, smash up the place a bit in an innocent yet destructive slapstick routine, then bugger off again. Below is an example of his last outing on a Quiz show about the 90's:

View: https://youtu.be/97fw8xjB5u4?t=35

So, the Starfarer Gemini Mr. Blobby. Big. Chunky. Destructive. Semi-uncontrolable. Hits the floor a lot. If they had a pink paint scheme with yellow spots for the ship it would already be this ships name...

I can't choose - Should it be Aquiperantium or Mr. Blobby?

(If there aren't enough options in the poll please check this thread for more: https://testsquadron.com/threads/the-ultimate-poll.9941/)
I can't pronouce the first one.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
it's a mistake to name your ships

what you give a name, you grow attached to

if you're too attached to your ship you will miss out on a lot of fun, such as:

ramming enemies

ramming friends for the lulz

fleet fights

and most important, Friday night Drunk Roams (nobody comes home alive)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

ramming enemies

fleet fights

I have found this, the struggle I have to steer my Aurora Riff Raff into the sun is quite extreme some days.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

ramming enemies

fleet fights

Rammy McRamface?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I voted before reading the post, a la TEST style. I chose poorly, so for the record, "Mr. Blobby" is my vote.
Just for you I have set the poll to allow you to change your vote - It 'aint a 'BobFace poll if you can't multi-vote or change it later. Have at it, my friend 🙂

Forgot your password?