Naming your digital children.

Will you name your ships?

• Yup. Sure will.

• Once my pregame fleet is set in stone.

• No names!

• What's in a name?

• I shall search for drunken inspiration!

Results are only viewable after voting.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
My twin pack will go with the names: Max and Moritz :eek:, For the rest I need allot of drunken inspiration o_O
I got some sober inspiration :eek:
Twin pack: Max and Moritz: two bad boys who make 7 evil pranks
350R: Kiss my ass: that is all that you will see when I hit the throttle

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Inspired, really good choice :)
Thanks brother.
Well, yesterday I've had an inspiration, thinking about the Starfarer. This is such an ugly ship, huge, strong built, with a compact, bulky body. It somehow reminds me of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame". So, there it is, the grand ugly dame of space, Sams "Hunchback" :)
That's a great name. Your Hunchback and my War Pig can fly together.
I think 'The Negotiator' sounds pretty cool. Kinda like a parody of the Terminator too...
I'll use both The Negotiator and Diplomacy. One for my Bucky and one for my Redeemer, which I'll be picking up eventually.
Your victims...er, I mean "clients" will suspect nothing!
Right? That's just a fine, upstanding, pillar of the community. Nothing to fear there.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I haven't named any ships in SC yet, but presuming I start with a Reliant and Carrack they will be christened "Tasty Bits" and "Vortex Chariot".

Also presuming I find privateering to be as lucrative and fulfilling as I hope, I'll be naming hundreds of other ships. That'll be fun.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
So thoughts and things started happening. I know, I know, it terrifies me too when my brain muscle starts doing stuff and things.

Anyways, a theme has started to emerge based on the naming of my Caterpillar, 'Pillar of the Community.

As such, my Drake family:
Caterpillar: 'Pillar of the Community - I've explained my reasoning on this one earlier in the thread. No need to beat a dead horse.
Buccaneer: Upstanding Citizen - Fine Upstanding citizens, just doing an honest days work in the asset reallocation division.
Cutlass: Moral Authority - we just want to make sure you're on the right track, not being led astray, tempted by the evils of the 'verse.
Dragonfly: Integrity - men of integrity are needed. Its a dangerous verse we live in
Dragonfly: Character - just because you are a character, doesn't mean you have character. ;)

The rest of my fleet:
Sabre: Diplomatic Relations or Diplomacy - the ship you send when you want to discuss terms like civilised folk.
Prospector: Geological Negotiator - someone has to open up talks with the rocks. Or just open up the rocks.
Starfarer Gemini: War Pig - for now. This ship may become a Carrack. When she does, she'll be named for my son. I've yet to decide on the name, and if/how it'll follow the theme.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I got some more sober inspiration :eek:, this must not become a habbit o_O
Twin pack: Max and Moritz: two bad boys who make 7 evil pranks
350R: Kiss my ass: that is all that you will see when I hit the throttle
Freelancer: Katyusha: she finally got her MIS upgrade :D:D:D
:oops: I still need allot of drunken inspiration :confused:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
What what what?!? Come back from the near death my beautiful thread. Arise!

Is my fleet still the same as the last time I posted? Do I have anything new to name? Are there new TESTies who require this thread to fill their lives with joy? So many questions that shall be answered oh so soon.

Forgot your password?