Naming your digital children.

Will you name your ships?

• Yup. Sure will.

• Once my pregame fleet is set in stone.

• No names!

• What's in a name?

• I shall search for drunken inspiration!

Results are only viewable after voting.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I got some more sober inspiration :eek:, this must not become a habbit o_O
Twin pack: Max and Moritz: two bad boys who make 7 evil pranks
350R: Kiss my ass: that is all that you will see when I hit the throttle
Freelancer: Katyusha: she finally got her MIS upgrade :D:D:D
I finally got a good name for my favorite ship.
Mustang Delta: Whirlwind it suits her well
And maybe not so original, but still
Warden: Bulldog it really bites hard

The Razgriz

Vice Admiral
Jul 24, 2016
RSI Handle
The-Razgriz
I've only named a handful of my ships. Specifically the ones that I know for a fact that I won't be getting rid of. Their names are:

Super Hornet: Black Betty
Dragonfly Yellowjacket: Outrider
Buccaneer: The Lady
Aurora LN: Astral Bastard
Freelancer: Victrix Patientia Duris ("Vic" for short)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I've only named a handful of my ships. Specifically the ones that I know for a fact that I won't be getting rid of. Their names are:

Super Hornet: Black Betty
Dragonfly Yellowjacket: Outrider
Buccaneer: The Lady
Aurora LN: Astral Bastard
Freelancer: Victrix Patientia Duris ("Vic" for short)
Nice. I like it. Especially "The Lady".

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
What what what?!? Come back from the near death my beautiful thread. Arise!

Is my fleet still the same as the last time I posted? Do I have anything new to name? Are there new TESTies who require this thread to fill their lives with joy? So many questions that shall be answered oh so soon.
MY only change to my fleet is the addition of a Drake Buccaneer, appropriately named Biltong Meat Facsimile.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
I'm a fan of the Hawaii 5-0 TV show, and I recently observed that in the TV schedule there is a one-word description of that week's episode titled in the Hawaiian language. So I decided to see if any of the Hawaiian words would fit for ship names. Jackpot!
Vanguard Warden with Harbinger BUK- Ka Haunaele(Rampage)
Super Hornet- Kanaka Hahai(The Hunter)
Terrapin- Honu(Turtle)
I hope neither of these names mean "Lunch", "Dead Cat" or "Sitting Duck" in Vanduul.

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
In the spirit of @WarrenPeace

Retaliator - Imminent Defenestration

Because I'm going to break the windows on your expensive ships and send you straight out into the vacuum. And I want you to know that.

I learned the word defenestration in Prague - they helped kick off the Thirty Years War by throwing some local politicians out of their castle windows. One is purported to have survived the event by landing in a giant pile of horse shit. No joke!

Hornet FC7-M - ???
Sabre - ???
Gladiator - ???

I have CCUs for days. This is the only ship which I can't melt - it's attached to my package.
I have a list. Haven't decided yet. Wanna vote?

Quietly into the Night - Independence Day reference. Best. Speech. Ever.
Iniquitous Ruse - IT'S JUST NOT FAIR. There was time now. All the time in the world. But it was just an illusion.
Subtle Semantic Satiation - Ever get really tired of listening to a song? Think something is overplayed? Want ADI players to have to grab a dictionary? That is this.
Aimed True, Not Friendly -chuunibyou for days. Partially inspired by the Culture series.
Condolences - I apologize for all those holes in your ship. An apology as a ship name both implies way too much confidence and amuses me personally.
419 (or 419 FoeHammer) - I love OG Halo.
Joker & the Thief - Great song. I will be blasting it battling the Duul.
Fatal Error - See Aimed True
Mechanical Failure - See Fatal Error
Formidable Silence - I like stealth ships. Figured I should have some rift on silence. Not happy with it yet.
Sinister Silence - See Formidable
Malevolent - It really is just a great word. May combine to form Malevolent Condolences. Oooh. I like that.
Malevolent Condolences - See Malevolent
Dire Tidings - Game of Thrones. The book, not the show. Yes I am one of those pricks. Yes, I gave it a chance. I couldn't stand the way they handled the Battle of the Blackwater, or the Battle of Craster's Keep. Yes, I probably did just misspell that.

Hull B or Hull C - Arbitration Opportunity
Margin Call
Irrational Exuberance
The Madness of Crowds
I Told Them It Would Trickle Down!
Pareto's Torpedoes
Giffen's Goods
Semi-Strong Market Efficiency is a LIE!

Because what fun is it working in finance and having an economics degree if you can't make fun of it?

Dawnshie

Commander
Jul 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Dawnshie
Names Of ships.

Aurora - M.I.L.F - ITZURDEATH
Prospector - M.I.L.F - ROCKJOHNS
Freelancer Dur - M.I.L.F. NOTYOURS III

And for all you pervs out there.. No M.I.L.F does not stand for what you were thinking.. its stands for

My (Appropriated) Imperial Light Fleet.

So please keep you hand and arms inside your spacesuit and properly buckled up .. We are about to go to Ludicris speed.

Dawnshie out.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Names Of ships.

Aurora - M.I.L.F - ITZURDEATH
Prospector - M.I.L.F - ROCKJOHNS
Freelancer Dur - M.I.L.F. NOTYOURS III

And for all you pervs out there.. No M.I.L.F does not stand for what you were thinking.. its stands for

My (Appropriated) Imperial Light Fleet.

So please keep you hand and arms inside your spacesuit and properly buckled up .. We are about to go to Ludicris speed.

Dawnshie out.
Ha. MILF. HAhahaha

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Connie Taurus LTI: Reoccurring Tendencies 2
My only LTI ship, name is a smart arse take on that.

Avenger Warlock: Electric Mayhem
Part ode to Montoya's house being struck by lightening all the time, part ode to Dr. Tooths band in the Muppets. Also, another smart arse take on the whole EMP thing.

Aurora LX: Riff Raff
When you are surrounded by the luxury of a leather seat and probably a real feather pillow, its important to never loose sight of your roots. It may be luxury but its pilot is not.
Alas, the Riff Raff has been melted for the time being and the Electric Mayhem has been CCU'd into The Sir Timothy Claypole - a Hornet Ghost.

My services will be for hire, or for want of a better phrase: Rentaghost! (1970's/80's UK TV reference, hence the name Timothy Claypole)

Last edited:
Forgot your password?