New Drake concept ship poll up on RSI

Slo

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2015
RSI Handle
SLØ
YAY! I for one want a small scavenger ship. Something able to swoop in, jam some floating crap in the back and jet away. All you need to do is monitor a certain few routes and pick up the leavings.
A smaller fuel picker-upper ship would also be good. Not sure how may ships tanks the farer can top off but a vessel that can fill up a ship's tanks up to the Carrack size maybe would be awesome. Smaller, faster and able to hide better than a farer to tag along with a small fighter squad.
And that Crusader peaks my interest too. I never liked the Connie. I dont like the looks of it cuz all those sharp corners and jutting out bits make it hard to decypher what exactly I am looking at. Never did it for me no sir. I do like the idea of it, just not RSI's rendition. Maybe Crusader would be better.

Hell, I'd buy all 3 of those ships just to have 'em cuz... well..just cuz.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
45% for the turkey vulture, looks like we're getting small salvage and everyone else is getting salty
Democratic vote and all. It'll be the devs getting salty, I bet they started the Krapen already.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I'm excited for a single-person salvage ship. On top of everything else, it will make the game more accessible to people (i.e., another inexpensive single person ship) and make the salvage mechanic viable for single players. Is it me, or do we have enough fighters already?

Xenorak

Grand Admiral
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Xenorak
I'm excited for a single-person salvage ship. On top of everything else, it will make the game more accessible to people (i.e., another inexpensive single person ship) and make the salvage mechanic viable for single players. Is it me, or do we have enough fighters already?
Actually I could've sworn someone said they were going to lay off combat ships for a while, but then the Hawk came out and I threw my wallet at the screen repeatedly.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Actually I could've sworn someone said they were going to lay off combat ships for a while, but then the Hawk came out and I threw my wallet at the screen repeatedly.
Bounty hunting ≠ combat :P

Combat ships blow up other ships and the Hawk needs their prey alive. Clearly different. Same with the Sabre Raven, lol.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hawk needs their prey alive.
Not the way it works in the PU in 2.6.3 right now and not the way I plan to hunt bounties.

Right now all you have to do is blow the Public Enemies head off.

All I'll need is a box big enough to jam it in.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The alpha only has placeholders for bounty systems right now :P
Then i'll be only taking the "Dead or Alive" bounties. Alive is just going to be an option I won't personally be able to cater for in my 300i.

Remember, the 300i was sold in the Digital Bounty Hunters Pack so unless it's really good at stopping cyberfraud (thus catering to the "Digital Bounty" part of the pack) I don't think i'll have the room to be taking prisoners.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Then i'll be only taking the "Dead or Alive" bounties. Alive is just going to be an option I won't personally be able to cater for in my 300i.

Remember, the 300i was sold in the Digital Bounty Hunters Pack so unless it's really good at stopping cyberfraud (thus catering to the "Digital Bounty" part of the pack) I don't think i'll have the room to be taking prisoners.

Well if it comes with a Blendtec blinder you could just turn them into a protein drink and bring them back that way.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
You say "threw" like it's the past tense...concept ships are still on sale through December 11th, lol!

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
Maybe people came to their senses about the time and effort required to get a pocket carrier flight ready.

Single crew salvage is much much smaller and no doubt easier to make.
And you will use it for three hours before changing it to other ship, or you will use another ship like a Reliant to salvage, or you could just enter other person Reclaimer crew.

Just to give you some examples.

But this is only for the sake of deciding the development order.

As Vulture come first, you will have a nice ship being covered in dust in your hangar for one or two years (or more) while the game is not released because you are not going to start salvaging seriously until then, while the Kraken will be out probably much later, and as being developed much later it will lose a lot of opportunities to be tested for free in the alpha or beta, so you would not test it but much later in the released game if you are lucky (or rich) enough.

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
Elwin says that they have spoken a lot about broadside cannon modules for the Caterpillar in the newest Happy Hour. There's 1 module they are thinking about and in my mind that's one of the better ones, ha.

Oh, that module is one I have desired and asked most often!!!!

And if they can be hidden to appear like normal cargo modules until you open your broadside doors... would be perfect!

If the cops grabs you with those beauties installed you can always says those are to defend your ship vs pirates xD

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
But this is only for the sake of deciding the development order.
And if it hadn't gone to vote, you'd have had no say in either.

Be happy for what you have got, not for what you have not.

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
There are already ships, like the Reliant, which you can retrofit to do salvage.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
[fun trolling] why not be happy with what you have not?
[i enjoy fun trolling for fun] If you voted for the vulture I'm sure you are happy for what you got and what you didn't get ;)

Forgot your password?