Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I'm a peasant in the sense that I'm not a subscriber

I don't have a computer with the graphics capability to play the game ATM

I will probably wait until Alpha 3.x incorporates more aspects of the game I want to try out before building my gaming machine
In good time citizen. I don't have very stable internet at the moment. I get 10 GB a month, so you can imagine how hard it is for me to patch. The game isn't ready, so don't sweat it. The only thing you need right now are all of the time limited things, like rare ships :D

You'll get your graphics card and be all set. I'm planning on a new computer after launch. My current build is 5 years old. It runs the game fine, but I think I can do better. I'm just going to build the best PC I can at launch to guarantee the longest life out of my Star Citizen PC :)

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
In good time citizen. I don't have very stable internet at the moment. I get 10 GB a month, so you can imagine how hard it is for me to patch. The game isn't ready, so don't sweat it. The only thing you need right now are all of the time limited things, like rare ships :smile:

You'll get your graphics card and be all set. I'm planning on a new computer after launch. My current build is 5 years old. It runs the game fine, but I think I can do better. I'm just going to build the best PC I can at launch to guarantee the longest life out of my Star Citizen PC :slight_smile:
I'm in the same pc-boat.. my machine now is kinda cobbled together from bits that I've gone ' Ooh, thatd be nice'- as such the front panel has been pried off and all the disk trays removed so I can fit shinies into it :D

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
...The only thing you need right now are all of the time limited things, like rare ships :smile:
I got that covered - bought an LTI Freelancer MIS when I could. I believe it will be big time OP, and allowed to stay that way because, rarity. I have no interest in owning larger multicrew ships, so I'm set.
I'm just going to build the best PC I can at launch to guarantee the longest life out of my Star Citizen PC :slight_smile:
My thinking exactly. Moore's Law means my expenditures on GPU and memory will buy a lot more by waiting.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I got that covered - bought an LTI Freelancer MIS when I could.
Do you know what the truth is behind the rumors that the missile racks will be reconfigured so all sips can have fewer larger missiles or more smaller missiles? Right now, the Lancer Mis is in some ways out missile-boats the Conny, in that it has S3 missiles. It could lose some of its advantages if the Conny is able to mount S3s.

Reactions: Blind Owl

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Do you know what the truth is behind the rumors that the missile racks will be reconfigured so all sips can have fewer larger missiles or more smaller missiles? Right now, the Lancer Mis is in some ways out missile-boats the Conny, in that it has S3 missiles...
I haven't heard about any changes. Right now the MIS can carry 6(?) S3s and 12 S2s on the wings with 1 or 2 20-S2 racks in the hold which will be able to feed the wing launchers.

Carrying 10 or 20 reloadable S3s would be awesome from my point of view, but that would be so bigly OP I doubt it will happen.

The total dmg would be the same but doubling the time required to deliver it makes the MIS more vulnerable to return fire.

Last edited:

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
If I am counting correctly, the new Cutlass Black and Blue can both carry 8 Suckerpunch Distortion Cannons and 16 S2 missiles?
Well... with the 85x ship, you can take the bottom gun mount off of it, which has 2 sucker punches, and put them on any S3 slot. You could then load up the 4 S3 hardpoints on the Cutlass with 8 suckerpunches plus whatever you mount on the turret. My Cutlass only has 8 S2 missiles in the PU right now. I'm not sure how it can hold 16 :/

Either way, it's going to be fun.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Nonsense. You like every post so that we all get more like points. 8 out of my 10 messages were just you liking everything I do. I owe 90% of my fame to your actions on the forums. You should be proud since nobody else is kind enough to give out that many likes :smile:
You mean that's not a bookmark button?
;)
You're welcome
If I am counting correctly, the new Cutlass Black and Blue can both carry 8 Suckerpunch Distortion Cannons and 16 S2 missiles?
Well... with the 85x ship, you can take the bottom gun mount off of it, which has 2 sucker punches, and put them on any S3 slot. You could then load up the 4 S3 hardpoints on the Cutlass with 8 suckerpunches plus whatever you mount on the turret. My Cutlass only has 8 S2 missiles in the PU right now. I'm not sure how it can hold 16 :/

Either way, it's going to be fun.
Not sure about the missiles, but I think you can mount 12 size 1 suckerpunches on the right mounts onto 6 s3 mounts.

No big deal eh?

Or just 8 suckerpunches and 2 broadswords or m5a's.

Still no big deal.

*heavy breathing and tight pants.*

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Having a turret with 4 suckerpunches on them would be evil.... it's like a "Please hold still and drop your shields while the pilot takes his time aiming" type turret. Though I'm not sure if you can put a turret on a turret, like how you can't place a gimbal on a turret. I'm sure that we will have some S3 suckerpunches later on to place on that turret :)

"Excuse me, sir. May I ruin your day?"

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I got that covered - bought an LTI Freelancer MIS when I could. I believe it will be big time OP, and allowed to stay that way because, rarity. I have no interest in owning larger multicrew ships, so I'm set.
This ship intrigues me. I havbe many CCU's to it, just in case. I kinda wish I could turn one of my bigger ships (only two) into smaller, more funner, most bestest, and grammatically correct ships.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Having a turret with 4 suckerpunches on them would be evil.... it's like a "Please hold still and drop your shields while the pilot takes his time aiming" type turret. Though I'm not sure if you can put a turret on a turret, like how you can't place a gimbal on a turret. I'm sure that we will have some S3 suckerpunches later on to place on that turret :slight_smile:

"Excuse me, sir. May I ruin your day?"
Again, *heavy breathing*

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
This ship intrigues me. I havbe many CCU's to it, just in case. I kinda wish I could turn one of my bigger ships (only two) into smaller, more funner, most bestest, and grammatically correct ships.
I too have a MIS CCU as I feel that it has the potential to be a good pirate ship. I already drew the line at 5 ships though. I can't have more than 5, which is why I only have 11. I just can't fit it into my list of ships without sacrificing one that I already have and the only ships that I could use to upgrade to the MIS would be my Cutlass Blue or my Herald.

I like the MIS, but I have decided that I may be able to get away with using just the Blue. If the Blue keeps its tractor beams and I can remove the cells in the back, then I think that I'll have a pretty good ship for piracy. The tractor beams really sell me on the Cutlass design and having so many fixed weapons is pretty good, though admittedly the turrets of the Freelancer are strategically better. I like the Turret on the Cutlass better too. The style, the weapons, and the position make it a better fit for me. There's nothing wrong with the turret on the Freelancer, though some people forget that it's actually there since it's hard for it to contribute damage and help attack the pilot's damage. It's designed just for defense.

I hear that CR wanted the MIS to have more firepower over the other Freelancers, so maybe the turret in the back will get S3 cannons on the rear turret. Maybe the side guns will get bumped to S4, which would really sell me on the ship and I would have #12 in about 5 minutes. I do know that it's supposed to have that sweet missile system and more armor, which is cool, but missiles eat into profits. The one problem that I have with the Freelancer is that it's not very solo friendly as you have to have a second person in the back for all the guns to be used. A Cutlass has plans to make the turret slaved again plus the Flashfire mount.

The MIS is a very good ship though. I don't even mind the view, though admittedly I like the Cutlass better. It's just me :)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I just can't fit it into my list of ships without sacrificing one that I already have and the only ships that I could use to upgrade to the MIS would be my Cutlass Blue or my Herald.

I like the MIS, but I have decided that I may be able to get away with using just the Blue. If the Blue keeps its tractor beams and I can remove the cells in the back, then I think that I'll have a pretty good ship for piracy. The tractor beams really sell me on the Cutlass design and having so many fixed weapons is pretty good, though admittedly the turrets of the Freelancer are strategically better. I like the Turret on the Cutlass better too. The style, the weapons, and the position make it a better fit for me. There's nothing wrong with the turret on the Freelancer, though some people forget that it's actually there since it's hard for it to contribute damage and help attack the pilot's damage. It's designed just for defense.

I hear that CR wanted the MIS to have more firepower over the other Freelancers, so maybe the turret in the back will get S3 cannons on the rear turret. Maybe the side guns will get bumped to S4, which would really sell me on the ship and I would have #12 in about 5 minutes. I do know that it's supposed to have that sweet missile system and more armor, which is cool, but missiles eat into profits. The one problem that I have with the Freelancer is that it's not very solo friendly as you have to have a second person in the back for all the guns to be used. A Cutlass has plans to make the turret slaved again plus the Flashfire mount.

The MIS is a very good ship though. I don't even mind the view, though admittedly I like the Cutlass better. It's just me :slight_smile:
Wow, you said so much more that I totally disregarded because reasons!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I just can't fit it into my list of ships without sacrificing one that I already have and the only ships that I could use to upgrade to the MIS would be my Cutlass Blue or my Herald.

The MIS is a very good ship though. I don't even mind the view, though admittedly I like the Cutlass better. It's just me :slight_smile:
I really want the MIS.
I'm resisting

Hard

I'm hard . . .resisting

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Thats my math. No more than 4, which is why I only have 8. I think I fared better than you, because two of mine are "just" bikes . . .
Not real ships
I didn't over spend
I win

I think
I don't count Greycats, Rovers, or Dragonflies. They are vehicles because of their component sizes and none of them can fly. That's how I get away with 11/5 ships :D

I'm waaaaaay over budget though. $400 was my initial limit. Then it was $1,000. Now I'm Space Marshal Stevetank :/

Forgot your password?