New Kickstarter "STARFIGHTER INC"

Bozar

Commander
May 6, 2015
RSI Handle
none
I do suggest creating at least an in-game cutscene that presents what you're trying to go for. That's what CR did with his proof of concept video for Squadron 42. It doesn't matter if you do "live recorded gameplay" this early in the project. If you show that you have a working version of the game engine, it'll show that you have the expertise to make it happen.

That's the main problem here. There are too many people skeptical about the team's ability to deliver. Credentials is one thing, showing that you actually have in-engine work done, is a whole 'nother can of beans.
We will see what we can do. We are however quite surprised that we have more than 1500 backers already :-)

I'm interested enough to at least put my quarter on machine. I'll be paying close attention to this when I'm not theorycrafting about Star Citizen.
Deal :-)

/Bozar
CM @Impeller Studios

Reactions: CitizenDad

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
I said it here before and I'll say it again: No proof of concept video, no sale!
Frakk you Nkato, I am getting you the game. Not even playing. @WarrenPeace I'm getting you the game too. Shoot me a text when you get a chance k. I will be shipping out some shit to you today or tomorrow. For real this time haha :cool: Sorry man, its been crazy AF we've been looking at Residential and Commercial Properties, doing lots of epic Gaming Stuffs, and I'm getting ready to re-launch a little company of mine. All your parts came through customs that we need though. And no worries, I will use your real name LOL.

Boom!

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
@Bozar Why didn't you guys just create a new X-Wing game and have the entire internet explode?

Was it too tough and/or expensive trying to acquire licensing from Disney or did you guy just want to come up with your own IP?

Reactions: Reptar Khan

Bozar

Commander
May 6, 2015
RSI Handle
none
@Bozar Why didn't you guys just create a new X-Wing game and have the entire internet explode?

Was it too tough and/or expensive trying to acquire licensing from Disney or did you guy just want to come up with your own IP?
Really good question. Short answer is that we would never get a hold of the license without dropping the big buck. We could do that, but we would all be living on the street while making this game on calculators :-p

Starfighter Inc will be our own IP :-)

/Bozar
CM @Impeller Studios

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Good news for @NKato

I just transcribed the Kickstarter video and passed it on to Coray who will add the subtitles asap :)

/Bozar
CM @Impeller Studios
That's one point for Impeller, assuming the subtitles go up as indicated. I've made a lot of noise on the RSI forums about getting subtitles for their episodes, and they apparently can't be arsed to do it, and the community effort to keep up with the subtitles has pretty much flamed out now that the Imperial News Network is doing transcriptions.

In the meantime, watching Fury while I wait for the subtitles on that kickstarter video.

Bozar

Commander
May 6, 2015
RSI Handle
none
Alrighty, that's what I figured. I wish you good luck with your project. O7
Thank you very much :-)

That's one point for Impeller, assuming the subtitles go up as indicated. I've made a lot of noise on the RSI forums about getting subtitles for their episodes, and they apparently can't be arsed to do it, and the community effort to keep up with the subtitles has pretty much flamed out now that the Imperial News Network is doing transcriptions.

In the meantime, watching Fury while I wait for the subtitles on that kickstarter video.
I am watching the RSI forums and we are thrilled to see the support coming from there. Thank you so much!

/Bozar
CM @Impeller Studios

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Thank you very much :)

I am watching the RSI forums and we are thrilled to see the support coming from there. Thank you so much!

/Bozar
CM @Impeller Studios
You seem to have misread my statement. I was talking about how CIG hadn't ever subtitled any of their video content. Even after I asked that they do so.

Bozar

Commander
May 6, 2015
RSI Handle
none
You seem to have misread my statement. I was talking about how CIG hadn't ever subtitled any of their video content. Even after I asked that they do so.
Ah yeah. I actually did pick up on that one but never replied to it. My bad.

I think subtitles are important. English is not my first language, and a lot of people like me don't always pick up on what's being said in videos without subtitles. So imo it should just be standard..

Also please do let me know if there's other features you would like to see for deaf/hearing impaired..

/Bozar
CM @Impeller Studios

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Ah yeah. I actually did pick up on that one but never replied to it. My bad.

I think subtitles are important. English is not my first language, and a lot of people like me don't always pick up on what's being said in videos without subtitles. So imo it should just be standard..

Also please do let me know if there's other features you would like to see for deaf/hearing impaired..

/Bozar
CM @Impeller Studios

For outgoing content to the community, subtitles; for ingame features, I'd expect subtitles as well as accessibility functions that would help maintain my situational awareness.

Bozar

Commander
May 6, 2015
RSI Handle
none

Coray (our Producer & Writer) is just picking up his kids and then he will get on it when he gets back :-)

/Bozar
CM @Impeller Studios

Bozar

Commander
May 6, 2015
RSI Handle
none
For outgoing content to the community, subtitles; for ingame features, I'd expect subtitles as well as accessibility functions that would help maintain my situational awareness.
I will let the team know. Would you mind if I come back to you later on? We will need someone with experience to test and approve the features once in place..

/Bozar
CM @Impeller Studios

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I will let the team know. Would you mind if I come back to you later on? We will need someone with experience to test and approve the features once in place..

/Bozar
CM @Impeller Studios
I haven't backed the game yet. Mostly because I literally do not have the money to spend atm. (Barely getting by on disability)

I wouldn't mind, though.

Reactions: Bozar

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
OK, now I'm impressed, drop of the hat involvement for accessibility issues and concerns is mind boggling. Nobody does that. My hats off to you and your fellow Danes(I'm half one). :) When I have the money, I will pledge.
I'm still taking it with a grain of salt because this guy is a Community Manager, and from what I've read on the internet, he's unpaid. So his word has a lot less weight than a direct statement from a developer who calls the actual shots.

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
@Bozar
So... Im a uni student and have zero spare money cause i just broke my car again. However if i find a few spare $ id quite happily support this project. XWA was (is) one of my favourite space combat sims.

Just want to wish the team good luck, go hard

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
I haven't backed the game yet. Mostly because I literally do not have the money to spend atm. (Barely getting by on disability)

I wouldn't mind, though.
I BACKED IT FOR YOU DUDE. I WILL GET YOU YOUR INFO AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Least I could do for the biggest contributor to our site :D I have your email.

@Bozar
So... Im a uni student and have zero spare money cause i just broke my car again. However if i find a few spare $ id quite happily support this project. XWA was (is) one of my favourite space combat sims.

Just want to wish the team good luck, go hard
I am getting some Accounts to giveaway on TEST, the Forums, Reddit, Etc. I do not know if you guys here know but I have given away HUNDREDS of Star Citizen Pledges. I am very passionate about supporting badass projects like this and like I have said before I saw Star Citizen coming from miles away, and was one of first 1000 backers, plus threw more money at that project than anyone else I personally know. This one will be a winner as well. I've been in the industry long enough to spot the good ones. Although, DISCLAIMER: I did think that MWO was going to be 10x better than it is. I knew it would never be what it was claiming to be, but I did not see them screwing the pooch so badly on that.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?