New Medical ship?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
It has just occurred to me that it doesn't have to be used strictly for medical applications... A medical craft can be used to prolong life but that means it may make a better taxi for an aged millionaire just in case he needs the services on route to Terra or wherever he is going...

But further than that, the motives for prolonging life? A torture chambers kept people in constant pain but they also had to keep them alive long enough to get the info they wanted... Yes, I'm thinking mobile Torture Chamber. It just strikes me some of the shadier parts of the UEE command structure could have a fleet of these to interrogate those who would wish to do the Empire a perceived wrong. We've just left the Messer Era, I would not have put it past that maniac to get Aegis to put together something for The Advocacy to use to... loosen the tongues... of those they want information from.

And if not mobile torture chamber (how do you torture a players Avatar apart from perhaps lowering hard-worked-for stats?) the how about this: Live in some parts of the UEE will be cheap. Tyrol, Cathcart, these are places the dregs wash up... and they are the most ripe for harvest. Organ thieves - who'd notice someone go missing on Spider? Oh, yes there will be artificial options for organ and limb replacement in the future I don't doubt, but for those who can't afford? Like some deranged Robin Hood you'll steal from the poor and sell... to the poor. Not to forget there is nothing that compares to personal taste. I'm sure there will be plenty of Citizens who wish to remain 100% natural, a section of the population won't want to have artificial parts just like today you do have people rejecting smart-phones. Even if it is just 1%, one person in every 100, those are the ones you can sell a kidney to for some decent bank...

Thats not to mention harvesting the artificial parts from citizens who have already got them... we're always told how good it is to recycle. Why waste resources building a new medical-grade body-part when you can just... reallocate... someones already existing artificial pieces...

Oh, there'll be a market.

Not that I condone the above criminal activities, they are deplorable... but just thinking outside of the "patch 'em up and send them on their way" there looks to be plenty of game-play opportunities... Another non-criminal use for a med-ship would be as a Meat Wagon. Go pick up all the bodies littered about that outpost from the recent battle there. Keep space clean! Oh, and if there is anything you can salvage from them while you are there... Equipment... organs... well, it'd be a waste not to, wouldn't it...?

I always thought it would be better for game play if they just introduced some of the elements from Altered Carbon like sleeving and cybernetic enhancements. Would also explain the ability to Agent Smith.

Reactions: Talonsbane

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
So this is pretty interesting. Is this going to be an ambulance ship or a respawn point ship?

The Cutlass Red is the current ambulance with the Endeavor Hope Class being the respawn point ship. Don't think its going to be a respawn point ship since that would mean it would have to be pretty large and have its own hangar to accommodate newly-respawned players taking starter ships and leaving the medical ship (at that point its role would be too similar to Endeavor).

Thoughts?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
mmmm Beer. And to think in before that pesky owl drinks it all.

As for the size of ship I have a feeling its going to be mid size something around the constellation to 600 size allowing medical treatment for injured players given what they said about the sim packs only giving a temp health boost not fixing the issue. So while it will not allow for respawning/cloning it would allow players to get back to full health. Something not currently covered by the current ambulance and future implementation of med packs.

Reactions: Talonsbane

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Meh who cares you'll need more than a Medic once I've finished with you!!!

I aint buying any fancy new ships until they deliver on ships bought years ago. Given the pride of my fleet is the BMM and Carrack looks like I will never be buying another ship again! :S

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I was more interested in the NPC comments. . .What you need is intelligent turrets.
Last I heard on this subject, the NPCs could outshoot the AI for intelligent turrets and PCs could outshoot the NPCs. That sounds like it is over if they can have skills to hit at 95%. This should be considered a huge game changer--very close to pay-to-win. Not sure I love it but I'd pay a whole crew for the Polaris, no doubt! Get just 4 guys for bridge crew and what a panic that would be.

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Last I heard on this subject, the NPCs could outshoot the AI for intelligent turrets and PCs could outshoot the NPCs. That sounds like it is over if they can have skills to hit at 95%. This should be considered a huge game changer--very close to pay-to-win. Not sure I love it but I'd pay a whole crew for the Polaris, no doubt! Get just 4 guys for bridge crew and what a panic that would be.
It depends on if they give the npc the ability to hit at 95%. They can "easily" go into their subsumption system and change that spread from 1.01 to 1.02 and they will only 85%. (random numbers).

Also i highly doubt that game ai will be that good that it will have real "good" decision making. And depending on the managment freedom they will give us flying your ship and telling your ai what they should do will be a hell of micromanagment, which could be easily solved by yelling at your human comrade "repair this fucking shield generator and then get your ass inside that turret back".

How many years is the gaming industry telling us that this "AI will blow our mind"?

So do we want to have NPC in our Hammerhead turrets? Probably yes
Do we want to have them as our first officier? probably no

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
If this thing is cheap enough I will scrap some of my ships for it... I honestly kinda want to run a space hospital. That and I am really hoping for a data running ship larger than the Herald. That would be great. Speaking of which, anyone have an LTI reliant mako in their buyback lol?

Reactions: Bambooza

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
It depends on if they give the npc the ability to hit at 95%. They can "easily" go into their subsumption system and change that spread from 1.01 to 1.02 and they will only 85%. (random numbers).
The 95% comment was from Papy in the video, in response to a player question about NPC's compared with human players. His response was, they can already hit with 95-96% accuracy. But you're right, all they need to do to affect that is change some variables.

View: https://youtu.be/1I2XuEdu-1I?t=84

Reactions: Bambooza

Top Frogger

Admiral
Donor
Dec 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Praesul
Supposedly it's launching tomorrow. No news of a pre-sale that I have seen. I hope it's not too much $$$ or else I might have pass this time...
I agree, most likely it'll be a step down from the endeavor with that 100% medical focus. I'm guessing it'll be anywhere from $100-$200? But that's low-balling it considering how pricey concepts can be.

Reactions: Zapper Weisman
Forgot your password?