New Medical ship?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I was more interested in the NPC comments than any possibility of a new ship, which might not actually be a new ship... it's hard to fathom why they would need a third type of medical ship since they already have the ambulance and kind of EMT service with the Cutlass Red, and the Medical configuration of the Endeavor. But it is what it is.

About the NPC comments, you wouldn't necessarily need NPC's in a ship. What you need is intelligent turrets. It is after all, 1000 years from now. You'd think... oh never mind, dead horse. I still think the situational awareness and intelligence of Human players is going to exceed that of NPC's. Like they claimed, NPC's currently have a far better accuracy than most humans. But I'd counter that with this: we regularly blow NPC ships out of the sky - because though they shoot well, they don't FIGHT all that well.

Joehockey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Apr 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Joehockey
Competition for the Endeavor...?
I'm thinking something to bridge the gap between a Cutlass Red and an Endeavor. Maybe something Connie sized that has the ability to actually heal/respawn/revive players. As of right now the only info that we had on the Cutty Red was that it would sustain the player so you could transport to a greater station (i.e. Endeavor, Cap ship hospital, hospital, etc). But we don't have anything smaller than an Endeavor or Cap ship in that aspect so perhaps this might be the perfect choice for someone who wants to have a medial fleet but not start with an Endeavor.

Heartwood

Space Marshal
Oct 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Heartwood
I would like to see the medium (+) size being filled, but also another light version, smaller than the C-Red.

Think 1 person VIP special operations rescue ship, that could hold 1-2 wounded in cryosleep and is more agile than the C-Red. Very unlikely, i have to admit.

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
I'm guessing it will be a medical Vulcan-type ship, maybe Constellation-sized. One step in services below an Endeavor Hope. Can probably fix you up and get you back up and moving, but is unable to do elective surgery like new faces and limb replacement. So, first aid is medi pen. Second level is paramedic repair and stabilization. 3rd level is Cutlass Red which can stabilize for transport to a real facility. 4th level is repair and reinstatement, but no elective stuff or parts replacement. 5th level is full hospital, everything.

Let's see how far off I am this time.

If they put up a medical ship, I'm buying it. Period.

Oh, and , uh, medical soon!!

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Maybe Origin with their sterile high tech style? Maybe Anvil with a combat medic boat? Consolidated Outlands with some kind of long range apothecary for pioneers and settlers would be very interesting, and help fill out their ship line up for sure.
Interested for sure! Time to hide my wallet!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Maybe Origin with their sterile high tech style? Maybe Anvil with a combat medic boat? Consolidated Outlands with some kind of long range apothecary for pioneers and settlers would be very interesting, and help fill out their ship line up for sure.
Interested for sure! Time to hide my wallet!
I was surprised that the 600i didn't come with a medical variant.

The Hyper-Rich can have more money than the Cathcart System, but they can't fight aging - Queue the 600i medical variant: when you get too old to leave the hospice, take the hospice and all of its abilities with you. :)

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I was surprised that the 600i didn't come with a medical variant.

The Hyper-Rich can have more money than the Cathcart System, but they can't fight aging - Queue the 600i medical variant: when you get too old to leave the hospice, take the hospice and all of its abilities with you. :slight_smile:
Very good call on that @NaffNaffBobFace & I agree with you. Sort of like a Royal Pains style luxury concierge medical treatment center in space.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
but but but didn't they say its definitly not a medical ship?
It has just occurred to me that it doesn't have to be used strictly for medical applications... A medical craft can be used to prolong life but that means it may make a better taxi for an aged millionaire just in case he needs the services on route to Terra or wherever he is going...

But further than that, the motives for prolonging life? A torture chambers kept people in constant pain but they also had to keep them alive long enough to get the info they wanted... Yes, I'm thinking mobile Torture Chamber. It just strikes me some of the shadier parts of the UEE command structure could have a fleet of these to interrogate those who would wish to do the Empire a perceived wrong. We've just left the Messer Era, I would not have put it past that maniac to get Aegis to put together something for The Advocacy to use to... loosen the tongues... of those they want information from.

And if not mobile torture chamber (how do you torture a players Avatar apart from perhaps lowering hard-worked-for stats?) the how about this: Live in some parts of the UEE will be cheap. Tyrol, Cathcart, these are places the dregs wash up... and they are the most ripe for harvest. Organ thieves - who'd notice someone go missing on Spider? Oh, yes there will be artificial options for organ and limb replacement in the future I don't doubt, but for those who can't afford? Like some deranged Robin Hood you'll steal from the poor and sell... to the poor. Not to forget there is nothing that compares to personal taste. I'm sure there will be plenty of Citizens who wish to remain 100% natural, a section of the population won't want to have artificial parts just like today you do have people rejecting smart-phones. Even if it is just 1%, one person in every 100, those are the ones you can sell a kidney to for some decent bank...

Thats not to mention harvesting the artificial parts from citizens who have already got them... we're always told how good it is to recycle. Why waste resources building a new medical-grade body-part when you can just... reallocate... someones already existing artificial pieces...

Oh, there'll be a market.

Not that I condone the above criminal activities, they are deplorable... but just thinking outside of the "patch 'em up and send them on their way" there looks to be plenty of game-play opportunities... Another non-criminal use for a med-ship would be as a Meat Wagon. Go pick up all the bodies littered about that outpost from the recent battle there. Keep space clean! Oh, and if there is anything you can salvage from them while you are there... Equipment... organs... well, it'd be a waste not to, wouldn't it...?

Last edited:

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Obviously they will always be looking to add more ships and mash units in wars are normal. The problem is just how many people will survive space combat but in a state needing an ambulance. Any suit breech and well life is short. Cutlass red and endeavour seem enough quite honestly already. Plus some ships have some facilities i.e. carrack and maybe polaris and other capital ships and there are hand held devices for all ships to. I can see no Geneva convention allowing red cross units to pass either.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
If I'm not mistaken, didn't @supitza state that he would like to eventually open up a mobile organ harvesting / transplant hospital ship? If so, perhaps this is a hybrid between the endeavor's medical bay & a vulture. He'll swoop through the battle fields as the fighting eases to a halt & gather up the various floating "individuals" for "treatment". Those who can afford his emergency services will survive, even if not all of their body parts would be their original equipment. Those who can't, would be helping restore those who can or might be utilized to create new obedient crew for his Frankenstein assembly ship.

Forgot your password?