New rendering of Drake Corsair

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Great video, Thank you! Couldn't agree more.

A true drake jewl but I bet you those private quarters get automatic doors.. and the cap bunk to so walk past it or be in it and door never close ha ha..
Cant for the life understand why they put this damn automatic doors inside a space ship..

But the Corsair in the top list of favorite design for sure..

🍻

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
This is one of my top wishlist ship, i really like the design and look of that ship (exept that the wings are a bit too long).
Drake ships really look like pieces of tincan glued together, and it is the closest manufacturer that can remind me of the millenium falcon look (not shape).

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Now this is the sort of ship with the right kinda feeling to it. Seems to invoke much of the same mental imagery as Serenity from Firefly did, so it already feels quite nostalgic.

Chip Hazzard

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2018
RSI Handle
ChipHazzard
Looks awesome! I don't know if I'm more excited for this or the MSR?!

Not sure for the ship interior since we have the map of ship in brochure. But kinda for the cockpit I guess.
I'm pretty sure it is just the cockpit which has 2 levels, where the copilot seat drops from behind the pilot to under it.

I really hope they keep the bunks for living in, as I want my captains bunk, with a secret stash of rum in there! None of the peaty crew stealing it!!

Firebrand

Captain
Oct 13, 2020
RSI Handle
Qallus
Do you think it would be redundant to have both the Corsair and Carrack?... I want both but scared the Corsair is a "cheap" Carrack... But I still want both! xD
It depends what you want them for and what you want to do with them. The Carrack is a better explorer, has a medical facility and much more cargo capacity. Yes, the Carrack is better, but you pay the difference, being much more costly to run and repair than the Corsair.

The Drake shpis have this label of being cheap and flimsy, but they are more cost effective and still tough as old boots. I don't see this as a 'downer' whatsoever, they have more character and accessibility than anything else in the game. To me they are honest and dependable work horses that require no attention or validation!

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
It depends what you want them for and what you want to do with them. The Carrack is a better explorer, has a medical facility and much more cargo capacity. Yes, the Carrack is better, but you pay the difference, being much more costly to run and repair than the Corsair.

The Drake shpis have this label of being cheap and flimsy, but they are more cost effective and still tough as old boots. I don't see this as a 'downer' whatsoever, they have more character and accessibility than anything else in the game. To me they are honest and dependable work horses that require no attention or validation!
And not even including the irl cost. 600 Dollarydoos vs 215. IMO I'd rather have a Corsair + Caterpillar with enough left over to almost afford a Cutlass Black than just a Carrack. But that's just me!

I look at the Corsair less as a dedicated exploration ship like the Terrapin and Corsair and more as a Connie competitor- it hits the (personal) sweet spot of me for crew requirements and size- small enough to be able to feasibly solo it if necessary, and big enough that anywhere from 1 to 3 of my buddies can come along and we can go do shit. It's got a sensor suite for exploration but also is flexible enough to do basically....anything you really want it to.

I'm sure it will be quite the decent exploration vessel, but typical for Drake.....I can think of a few other reasons that people might want a long range vessel with good scanners and oodles of firepower.

Forgot your password?