New Ships IAE

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
TLDR.: ships sales is like drugs trade. You want returning customers, aka addicts for as long as possible.
You talk like they have not hooked up the IV and are sucking you dry. :) But I see your point.
Hello, my name is Talon & I really like space jpegs. I'll sit down so the next can introduce themselves to Jpegs Anonymous here within TEST Squadron.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Carrack was already sold as top tier, so its not going to undo that.

Its probably something Connie sized, long range, fast QT, space for a vehicle.
The Endeavor is top tier Exploration. The Carrack is one step down.
I think it is likely in the 600i size range.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Very smart move my friend.

There's also 3 new paints for the Redeemer. Here's my 2 favorite.

View attachment 21772

View attachment 21773
Very cool paint jobs. The ship looks great. I love the white as well, brings out the details and lines really well!

And at the same time absolutely doesn't seem to come from the same universe as any other SC ship. It just doesn't belong.
Moving up and down the ladder all the time is freaking annoying.
Currently flies like the Empire State Building, feels very unmanuverable in atmo and is not nimble or stable enough to be useful as a ground support craft (it's supposed to be the mi24 of SC isn't it?), needs some serious adjustments imo.

Back on topic of pricing, I'd expect any new ships to cost more than previous release of equal size/type.
The hype is bigger than ever, there are more potential customers than ever, they will capitalize on this. Also there's inflation, many years have passed, and ppl having money to spare, and at the same time and CIG wanting to grow... Shit won't get cheaper that's for sure.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
As of Monday at 12:15 eastern:

The Warbond editions of the Aegis Javelin and Idris are still up for sale, in case any are looking to make that investment.

I saw too that the Aurora ES is on sale for $20. A rare rock-bottom-priced CCU token ship for anyone willing to accept 10 years of insurance instead of LTI.

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Very cool paint jobs. The ship looks great. I love the white as well, brings out the details and lines really well!

And at the same time absolutely doesn't seem to come from the same universe as any other SC ship. It just doesn't belong.
Moving up and down the ladder all the time is freaking annoying.
Currently flies like the Empire State Building, feels very unmanuverable in atmo and is not nimble or stable enough to be useful as a ground support craft (it's supposed to be the mi24 of SC isn't it?), needs some serious adjustments imo.
Redeemer is supposed to be the equivalent of an AC130 not Hind. Neither is fast or agile though.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I love the new Ares Barett! It's soooo satisfying to one shot small ships! Spent an hour just casually duckhunting VLRT and some ECN targets with it, made 50k+! And holy shit it has a fast QT drive and fuel to burn for being just a fighter! If it didn't cost an arm and a leg considering my very flat wallet, I'd be very tempted to pick one up!

Forgot your password?