New Star Citizen Scorpius trailer

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Given we now know the Scorpius has no cabin as originally thought, I can't see a reason to prefer it over a pair of Sabres, etc. I'd love to entertain opposing views. Why put two players in a ship they can't eat, sleep and poop in? What's the advantage?

A pair of Sabres would seem to me more durable, harder to hit, more shielding, offer stealth and twice the missile load. Same range, guns, number of players.

Last edited:

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Given we now know the Scorpius has no cabin as originally thought, I can't see a reason to prefer it over a pair of Sabres, etc. I'd love to entertain opposing views. Why put two players in a ship they can't eat, sleep and poop in? What's the advantage?

A pair of Sabres would seem to me more durable, harder to hit, more shielding, offer stealth and twice the missile load. Same range, guns, number of players.
Speculation ahead....
May boil down to logistics, and cost of upkeep. One fighter will always be cheaper to maintain than two. Also (I'm not sure at the moment), if they added the ability for the gunner to act as a RIO (Radar intercept officer) that would take some workload off the pilot, designate targets and maybe handle CM's.

Also having said that regarding RIO's "if" maybe in the future we finally get to see "AI blades" get used to slave remote turrets to pilot control, then having a RIO could be useful without losing firepower. If needed the RIO could take over control of the turret during combat. Dunno, like I said speculation. Oh and also into future consideration at some point we could hire or use NPC crew, so that would help also.

Forgot your password?