New Star Citizen Ship: Drake Cutlass Steel

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Okey, so that's pretty cool. 18 seats? Damn, you gonna take half a server on a bus ride.

Now, this actually makes Endeavor a pretty solid troopship.
Take something like, hangar module, crew module and... 2nd crew module? Fuel module? Maybe fuel module. Hangar module can supposedly fit two cutlass reds, so, put in two cutlass steels instead. You're going to deliver a whole freaking army to some unsuspecting planet. And I mean, sure, tonks are cool and all, but 36 angrybois with railguns is just plain better. Better get used to walking everywhere though.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Now, this actually makes Endeavor a pretty solid troopship.
Take something like, hangar module, crew module and... 2nd crew module? Fuel module? Maybe fuel module. Hangar module can supposedly fit two cutlass reds, so, put in two cutlass steels instead. You're going to deliver a whole freaking army to some unsuspecting planet. And I mean, sure, tonks are cool and all, but 36 angrybois with railguns is just plain better. Better get used to walking everywhere though.
Oh yeah!
And don't forget about Idris and Javelin. I can see this in game (Starship Troopers):

Screenshot 2021-12-17 at 15.25.52.png

Doc Flanigan

Admiral
Donor
Mar 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Doc_Flanigan
+2 for the Dragonfly, for a total of 28!

...oh, and for TEST we need keg operators and beer distributors...so...35 minimum crew?
Can you imagine a Liberator or Kraken with a few fully crewed Steels rolling up to the party? Hell of a raiding party!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
21? I figured 1 pilot + 1 co-pilot + 1 manned Turret + 5 mounted guns + 18 jump seats = 26 fully stationed?
The problem with adding the 5 additional door guns is that they don't have seats, so while the ship is in motion, especially entering & exiting quantum, they're at risk of being killed from the knock back effects that CIG has been putting in. We already occasionally die from just falling down while going up or down stairs & ramps.

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Gorgeous ship. Looks like a lot of fun if you are confident of surprising or outgunning your opposition, or the jump seats have NPCs in them.

But if you are thinking of heading towards an alert opposing force, even with only crew to man the Gatling guns, never mind people in the jump seats, that is a lot of eggs in one thin basket. Who would prefer to sit in one of those seats, with only one set of shields/armour/hull to protect all of you, instead of a ship of their own where they can spread out from the missile magnets either side, and make the opposition work a lot harder to stop them? Not me.

Doc Flanigan

Admiral
Donor
Mar 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Doc_Flanigan
The problem with adding the 5 additional door guns is that they don't have seats, so while the ship is in motion, especially entering & exiting quantum, they're at risk of being killed from the knock back effects that CIG has been putting in. We already occasionally die from just falling down while going up or down stairs & ramps.
I guess I assumed that the operators would remain holding the mounted guns, but I see your point. Either way it’s a lot of crew.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Aghhhhhh same shield strength????
Good thing I have to look for change in the sofa to get back into the game....Still like the new version :o7:
Breath some new life into the Cutlass:love:

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
Maybe they give it a bit more armor compared to typical Drake?

Would make some sense when you think about it.

Definitely needs a defense boost, even if you sacrifice normal ship weapon dmg, imho. I like this ship being a FPS-focused ship where the main use is suppression fire with your gunners to get boots on ground.

Something about this ship "feels" right.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
...its pretty much a standard Cutlass
Yet a very strategic CIG marketing move to shift community focus on the official boards from the Carrack-killer controversy to a next 'nothin-burger' topic.

The marketing video is cool. It makes me want one. It's just not clear why we'd bring 1 Cutlass Steel to battle, when the same crew complement could bring 20+? Or an A2 with its bigger boom.

Last edited:

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
Yet a very strategic CIG marketing move to shift community focus on the official boards from the Carrack-killer controversy to a next 'nothin-burger' topic.

The marketing video is cool. It makes me want one. It's just not clear why we'd bring 1 Cutlass Steel to battle, when the same crew complement could bring 20+? Or an A2 with its big boom.
My 2 cents:

A2 will be a much larger target for incoming air defense and will not have as many landing options, imho.

The Cutty feels more like a larger Heli drop ship to me, meant to get elite troops on the ground just about anywhere, potentially undetected.

Forgot your password?