New Star Citizen Ship: Drake Cutlass Steel

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Pilot: "WE'VE LOST AN ENGINE AND ARE COMING IN HOT, LAY DOWN SOME COVERING FIRE ON THE PORT SIDE AND GET THE TEAM OUTTA HERE"
Gunner: "Laying down suppressing fire, Team Go GO GOOO!"
Team Leader: "Exiting port side now"
Team: *SPLAT*
Gunner: "Erm... Pilot, the team ran in front of my gun..."
Pilot: "Again? "
Gunner: Sadly.
Pilot: Where they members of Test Squadron?
Gunner: Yessir
Pilot: Roger that, it explains everything.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
IF the Steel had been a limited, 1 time only sale, some would've bought it to have collected it for the sake of owning those that will be most collectible, even if they're not the most useful. However, I still believe that the 1 thing that spoiled the release of the steel was that CIG totally jumped the shark in regards of its price point.
Aye. Seeing the Steel's reception, if I were CIG I'd flip the conversation by announcing that this ship is a one-time-limited edition (except for future packages). I'm not sure how the rarity buzz would play out in the community given everyone is already rolling their eyes on price point, but at least rarity would give CIG a little better justification for price so they can save a little face.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Skyre

Commander
Donor
Jan 5, 2022
RSI Handle
Skyre
So I currently have the Black as a fill-in ship, while I figure out what to CCU it to, and holy shit I wouldn't want to use this thing to land troops with. Extra guns be damned. Any decent PvP fighter would fly right through you during a landing attempt, unless you come in hot. And if you come in hot, you'll probably explode on impact.

Love the Cutty style, but god damn it's a poor choice for a troop transport (unless they plan to buff its shields or something).

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?