New tank incoming, Tumbril Storm

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Oh look, it's smaller, maybe, than a Maus.
That would be nice...

According to Grim (Starjump), it's roughly the same size as 2 Maus' side-by-side (slightly lower):
From around 29:30 to 31:45 - For reference, the Maus was 10.2 x 3.71 x 3.63m.

I'd love to see some tanks that were a more reasonable size (Pz.Kpfw IV, for example, as all components could drop vertically into slots in the engine deck), but I'd guess the problem is developing a way to have the character (in armor) fit into the hatches on those types of vehicles, as well as the requirement to climb onto the vehicle in order to get in (Although they seemingly have no issue with this for ships...).

In theory an "S-tank" should be possible with a rear hatch for one or two players (The tank was designed so it could operate with a single crew member, so it's not unrealistic for it to be a solo player vehicle), but the suspension changes needed for aiming would probably rule even that out.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Why is it that CIG can't put together a decent tank that isn't much larger than needed?

While this looks like an interesting vehicle, It's not what I would have called a tank, and it certainly seems much too large for what it is\what it is designed to do. I'll probably pick up a Nova at some point (while oversized, it is a tank), but I'm not sure about the Storm - I'm also starting to worry that if we ever get artillery in the game, the smallest vehicle\piece will be around the size of the "Karl-Gerät".

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Why is it that CIG can't put together a decent tank that isn't much larger than needed?

While this looks like an interesting vehicle, It's not what I would have called a tank, and it certainly seems much too large for what it is\what it is designed to do. I'll probably pick up a Nova at some point (while oversized, it is a tank), but I'm not sure about the Storm - I'm also starting to worry that if we ever get artillery in the game, the smallest vehicle\piece will be around the size of the "Karl-Gerät".
It isn't about good design, it's about the "rule of cool."
There is no practical use for these vehicles, that they've shown so far.
At best, ground vehicles are for edge cases, and transporting them, especially the larger ones, to the locations for edge cases is impractical.

Reactions: Vavrik and Bambooza

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
10m long, 3.5 tall, 7wide according to that vijeo. It's as small and practical as your avarage 'murican pickup truck then...

I'm absolutely not interested in this one. Too anime, too big, it doesn't feel like it belongs. At least the Nova has the sexy rake shape even if it's oversized.

(*looks over from screen to the Nova half done in the 3dprinter, grinning)

Reactions: Vavrik and Bambooza

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
10m long, 3.5 tall, 7wide according to that vijeo. It's as small and practical as your avarage 'murican pickup truck then...
Yeah but an F-150 has never come with LTI, or even 10 year insurance. Though the F-150 could come with a 10 year loan.
But even the Fury and Storm have a better use case.

Probable utilization: LTI token.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
That would be nice...

According to Grim (Starjump), it's roughly the same size as 2 Maus' side-by-side (slightly lower):
From around 29:30 to 31:45 - For reference, the Maus was 10.2 x 3.71 x 3.63m.

I'd love to see some tanks that were a more reasonable size (Pz.Kpfw IV, for example, as all components could drop vertically into slots in the engine deck), but I'd guess the problem is developing a way to have the character (in armor) fit into the hatches on those types of vehicles, as well as the requirement to climb onto the vehicle in order to get in (Although they seemingly have no issue with this for ships...).

In theory an "S-tank" should be possible with a rear hatch for one or two players (The tank was designed so it could operate with a single crew member, so it's not unrealistic for it to be a solo player vehicle), but the suspension changes needed for aiming would probably rule even that out.
These videos are helpful for size comparisons, or whether moving large quantities of these without pilots is potentially possible. For example: the Liberator has quite a bit of space, but it has oxygen generation and amenities for a limited number of people. Exceed that number, and you run more risks.

Forgot your password?