New Tesla truck unveiled

Szioul

Space Marshal
Oct 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Szioul
I'm not sold on its front window shape, and without a 400-500 mile range, it's not that useful for my family (but that's an option, though probably $$). But the concept I like. We are starting to look for something to replace our F-150, and electric is on the table.
400mi range, but looks to start at 69k.

I have to admit, an electric pick-up truck makes sense. Lots of power for towing, lowered center of gravity due to placement of batteries, so it doesn't roll as much and the larger size means you can pack more batteries in it. In addition to the bed, you can also fit a large trunk in the front, which the Tesla doesn't look to have. And I'm not actually sure if the Rivian has that either.

Last edited:

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I didn't even notice the guy shattered the windows lmao....

In what was one of the more surreal product launches I've seen, Tesla debuted its $39,900 Cybertruck pickup tonight. After running through some specs and hitting the truck's door with a sledge hammer, Elon asked an onstage companion (Tesla's lead designer, Franz von Holzhausen) to demonstrate the strength of the Tesla "Armor Glass" by throwing a solid metal, baseball-sized ball at the driver side window.

de735af90f6ccd82e335e93391093349.gif

While the glass didn't completely shatter, it did appear to crack from edge to edge.

"Oh my [bleeping] God," Musk laughs. "Well, maybe that was a little too hard."

So they tried it again on the rear passenger window... and it cracked too. "Room for improvement," Musk says with a shrug.

827ab8791a024d4365daf5d40cc4f974.jpg

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'd drive one my last car was designed in the 1970's and was basically one big wedge. I'd get rid of the flatbed and put a solar panel there. And fill that bit with batteries too. And have nowhere to park because it's bigger than most parking bays in the UK.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I'd drive one my last car was designed in the 1970's and was basically one big wedge. I'd get rid of the flatbed and put a solar panel there. And fill that bit with batteries too. And have nowhere to park because it's bigger than most parking bays in the UK.
Ive seen an article that said it will have solar panel charging, I'd guess as the flatbed cover maybe?

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
DeLorean called, he wants his design concept back.

Has anyone found pictures of the Flux Capacitor that comes in it?

Reactions: Bambooza

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
The angles kind of reminds me of a Mantis for some reason. Wonder if it has one of those quantum dohickies in the back?

Reactions: Deroth
Forgot your password?