Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Sorry, late to this thread...
Before I would build anything, I'd compare what you have to what these guys are selling:
http://www.digitalstorm.com/vanquish-7.asp

If you scroll down to the bottom, you can see their 1060 gpu PC is priced at $1,199. Yeah, I know it is $160 more, but, it could save you some hassle. Not sure if you really wanted to build a PC. If you like that stuff, then go for it! (Me, I decided a long time ago that I was through with that...).

Edit: btw, do you already have a copy of Windows? If not, how much is that costing you?
Nice find. @Skypirate since you want to stay in budget and planning to upgrade later on, an i5 or AMD is a good option to save some initial money.

Reactions: Skypirate

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I was all over it in a second but I can't find 1060 gpu PC with 16 Gb of RAM at all (and even less so for 1199) .. Is there any link to click directly ? ( this would solve quite a few problems, as digital storm isn't too bad at all)
this link?
https://www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=1742585

Edit: these seem to be pre-configured? You can't change anything (?)...I see it only comes with 8GB of RAM, but worst case scenario, you just plop in another 8GB on your own.

My thoughts are, you could get a system like this, upgrade the video card once in about 2 years or so, and then upgrade the entire system after about 4 years or so.

Note...all the stuff available now is already about a year old...essentially, if you buy now, you are paying for year old tech. I believe I heard that new tech (chips, cpu's) should be arriving in early 2018. If you need to upgrade now, do it, but if you can wait, it always pays to wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcsand2

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Only concern is the PSU, not sure if its big enough for the graphics card, cpu and fans you have for your system.

Reactions: marcsand2
Forgot your password?