New unannounced ships coming, Invictus concerns and Scorpius rant!

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
tbh I just want the rest of the Javelin. That'd be great. I mean, it was a year ago when we got the first bits. And that was glorious. Now it'd be awesome if we finally got the rest of it. Or even just more of it.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Any bets on what manufacturer will be behind the new bomber?
Based on how the daily schedule is, I'd guess Anvil, Aegis & Drake have new ships to offer this round of ILW. If it's a single seat Drake bomber, make the pilot's seat also function as the ship toilet, to silence us that make fun of Drake almost never adding those into their ships. Better yet, make the waste from that be the "bombs" that get dropped.

Odds are on its Crusader.
There has been whispers in the past of a Crusader Star Bomber.

tbh I just want the rest of the Javelin. That'd be great. I mean, it was a year ago when we got the first bits. And that was glorious. Now it'd be awesome if we finally got the rest of it. Or even just more of it.
Checking out the rest of the Jav would be sweet, but so would them letting us get lost in a Bengal, especially along that massive flight deck with its own tram system.

I suspect that Anvil will have a ship as they USUALLY have put a new ship out day 1. It probably won't be the most expensive either.
While this might just be something I'd like to see, Anvil currently doesn't have any dedicated gunships or capital sized combat ships, so those are possibilities, even if it's day 1.

Something more from Drake, hmmm....

Well, I'd still go all in for the Drake Kraken 'Man-o'-War' variant fan concept.

This could be interesting.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
@Montoya, when you were talking about the Scorpius, I was surprised you didn't mention the S2 shields nerf in 3.17 as that was clearly done to make the Scorpius more appealing compared to the Hurricane since the Scorpius is planned to have two S1 shields vs the one S2 shield of the Hurricane (which has also severely negatively impacted all the other ships using S2 shields.)

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
@Montoya, when you were talking about the Scorpius, I was surprised you didn't mention the S2 shields nerf in 3.17 as that was clearly done to make the Scorpius more appealing compared to the Hurricane since the Scorpius is planned to have two S1 shields vs the one S2 shield of the Hurricane (which has also severely negatively impacted all the other ships using S2 shields.)
Is that confirmed? I will wait to see what it comes out with, just two weeks to go! :D

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
Scorpius gets a S2 shield.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Scorpius gets a S2 shield.
Did you notice who that reply was to?

Is that confirmed? I will wait to see what it comes out with, just two weeks to go! :D
Per the brochure and the Pledge Store it'll have two S1 shields, but YogiKlatt_CIG replied in Spectrum that it has a S2 Shield, so it is as you stated...we'll find out in a couple weeks!

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Its been a while since we've seen a new design variant of a past ship sold for easy money. A Gatac heavy-fighter variant based on the Railen design is one I've been watching for. And its not so far fetched. The image at the bottom of CIG's Gatac page shows the Railen as a pursuit vessel: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/GATAC?msclkid=96a6f62acedd11ec8454e75004cdca74

Maybe we'll see a fun surprise like this during Invictus this year too.

1652021885405.png

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Its been a while since we've seen a new design variant of a past ship sold for easy money. A Gatac heavy-fighter variant based on the Railen design is one I've been watching for. And its not so far fetched. The image at the bottom of CIG's Gatac page shows the Railen as a pursuit vessel: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/GATAC?msclkid=96a6f62acedd11ec8454e75004cdca74

Maybe we'll see a fun surprise like this during Invictus this year too.

View attachment 22848
What you linked us to, was a player owned / run Org called Gatac, not the CIG info page on the in game company called Gatac.

Reactions: Lethal1961
Forgot your password?