No Man's Sky - Mega Thread [First Planet Screenshots, Coordination, Etc.]

Strykker666

Commander
Jul 7, 2016
RSI Handle
Strykker666
I currently have a 48-slot ship, and max slot exosuit and multi-tool. I'm looking around for a new ship right now. My current one is nice, but I'm looking for something better looking. I still don't have my Atlas V1 pass yet. Haven't been concerned with it. Just got into my 4th system. No anomalies or black holes yet. Sitting at 34 hours of play time so far.

The game is pretty much what I expected it to be. I wasn't buying into all the hype. I knew there would be things not in the game that were promised. But it's also not a terrible game. I'm enjoying the exploration. No real pressure to do any one specific thing. Just work on one thing, then move on to another. Once I find a better ship, then I'll working on the Atlas passes. Space battles aren't very exciting. I do it only when attacked. Otherwise I don't seek it out. Haven't found a need.

For those interested, there are mods available for the game now.
http://nomansskymods.com/
http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/?

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

fiarce

Space Marshal
Jul 19, 2016
RSI Handle
fiarce
View attachment 3330
Not the prettiest ship, but at least it has the right colours! I had to ditch an uglier but better ship for the pre-order ship, as the message kept popping up to claim it, overriding all other messages, and I missed two plot messages because of it already.
At least with Steam, you can simply uncheck the additional content of the ship in the Steam client and not have the constant pop ups - without claiming the pre-order.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
At least with Steam, you can simply uncheck the additional content of the ship in the Steam client and not have the constant pop ups - without claiming the pre-order.
Thats a good tip, but I actually did that but it didn't help! It was stuck in the game somehow... So I just gave up and claimed it, setting myself a new goal of finding a new one, preferably a crashed one for "free" :D I eventually did but it was ugly and only one slot larger so I bought that yellow one later on the station, it has 19 slots which is pretty good compared to it's size and shape.

Strykker666

Commander
Jul 7, 2016
RSI Handle
Strykker666
Thats a good tip, but I actually did that but it didn't help! It was stuck in the game somehow... So I just gave up and claimed it, setting myself a new goal of finding a new one, preferably a crashed one for "free" :D I eventually did but it was ugly and only one slot larger so I bought that yellow one later on the station, it has 19 slots which is pretty good compared to it's size and shape.
Crashed ships will only be +/- 1 from your current ship's slots. I went from crashed ship to crashed ship all the way to 48-slot on my starter planet.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Crashed ships will only be +/- 1 from your current ship's slots. I went from crashed ship to crashed ship all the way to 48-slot on my starter planet.
Good to know, thanks! Gratz on going through all those ships, it must have been a hard grind to gather all the stuff for the repairs!

Strykker666

Commander
Jul 7, 2016
RSI Handle
Strykker666
Good to know, thanks! Gratz on going through all those ships, it must have been a hard grind to gather all the stuff for the repairs!
I only repaired enough for the launch thruster and pulse engine. Not shields, weapons, or anything else. Only did that on final ship. There was no point since I wasn't leaving the planet.

Guss De Blöd

Admiral
Donor
Jul 22, 2015
RSI Handle
gussdeblod
Forgot your password?