No more SC subscriber flairs or Jump Point ?

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
A couple months ago they said it'd be bi-monthly going forward, since they're pushing for Alpha 4.0.
124213412351.png

The subscription page was also changed to reflect this
JUMP POINT
Subscribers gain access to Jump Point, Star Citizen’s official digital magazine. This full-color publication includes exclusive behind-the-scenes articles and interviews into the development process of Star Citizen and Squadron 42, and is released every other month. Subscribers can access the entire collection of Jump Point’s back issues at any time.
Don't know about the flair, perhaps it's just late?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I just cancelled mine. I don't feel that it's worth the money any longer, now that they're pushing out content half as much as when I first signed up.
It's always been kind of unimpressive. But it gives me a bunch of 10% off vouchers I can use when there's not a sale going on.

They also give away spacesuits or weapons every now and then, That's interesting. And a plushie I can run around with and act like a real spaceman - because all astronauts have plushies they run around with, right?... right?

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
We still get monthly flair, just no way of knowing what it is until we get it, which is not good marketing since we are basically buying an unknown product. Plus the lessened content YoY hasn't helped.

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
It's always been kind of unimpressive. But it gives me a bunch of 10% off vouchers I can use when there's not a sale going on.

They also give away spacesuits or weapons every now and then, That's interesting. And a plushie I can run around with and act like a real spaceman - because all astronauts have plushies they run around with, right?... right?
I have no idea what you mean, as I type this curled up with my A2 plushie.....

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
We still get monthly flair, just no way of knowing what it is until we get it, which is not good marketing since we are basically buying an unknown product. Plus the lessened content YoY hasn't helped.
They normally announce the month's subscriber flair items during the first deployment of it (first Tuesday of the month), which allows people a week to sign up before the second release on the following tuesday, so people should still be able to find out in advance.

I signed up last year with the Christmas discount for a year's subscription - The coupon and armor, paints, etc. that I got (without knowing what to expect) seem to have been worth the cost, but I'm not sure whether I'll do the same again this year - The Aussie dollar has dropped a bit in value since then, sadly.

Reactions: Vavrik

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
They normally announce the month's subscriber flair items during the first deployment of it (first Tuesday of the month), which allows people a week to sign up before the second release on the following tuesday, so people should still be able to find out in advance.
I had no idea that's how it worked :(

Sounds like there Is there a patch of the month where it overlaps and you'd get the current months and the next months for just one subscription or is it just the one?

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
I had no idea that's how it worked :(

Sounds like there Is there a patch of the month where it overlaps and you'd get the current months and the next months for just one subscription or is it just the one?
Here's last month's announcement (November 1) - https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/18936-November-2022-Subscriber-Promotions

The important bit being:
These items will be available to current Subscribers (and those who Subscribe between now and Nov 8th) with the launch of IAE this month.
I can confirm i received the armor on the 1st (when the post was made).

As to the "2 for 1"... I haven't tried it, but from what I have seen in the subscriber bit of Spectrum, it seems likely it would work (providing you time the subscription for the first month so that it will still be active until at least the Wednesday following the first Tuesday of the following month - Can't say "first Wednesday of the month", as if the month started on a Wednesday, you'd still need to be subscribed until at least the 8th to ensure you got them when the first distribution of items should occur on the 7th).

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Interestingly, after putting together my previous post, I went and looked at the "This week" posts from CIG for the "subscriber items" week of November and December.

Neither listed anything under the "THE WEEKLY COMMUNITY CONTENT SCHEDULE" heading, however under the "Now, let's see what's going on this week:" heading we had:
November:
This Tuesday, the Narrative will release Crossroads - a new short story about a Tevarin pirate on the run from a bounty hunter and their deadly face-off in an old scrapyard. November's Subscriber offerings will also be published on Tuesday, both as a newsletter and as a comm-link.
December:
This Tuesday, the lore offering will be a short story entitled Hazy Days, where after regening, Pernell Arai tries to piece together exactly how he died.
Hopefully the omission of any reference to Subscriber items this month was an oversight. We should know in the next 24 hours, either way...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Here's last month's announcement (November 1) - https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/18936-November-2022-Subscriber-Promotions

The important bit being:

I can confirm i received the armor on the 1st (when the post was made).

As to the "2 for 1"... I haven't tried it, but from what I have seen in the subscriber bit of Spectrum, it seems likely it would work (providing you time the subscription for the first month so that it will still be active until at least the Wednesday following the first Tuesday of the following month - Can't say "first Wednesday of the month", as if the month started on a Wednesday, you'd still need to be subscribed until at least the 8th to ensure you got them when the first distribution of items should occur on the 7th).
Thanks for the details, especially about the doubling. I heard it was sometimes possible but never tried it and didn't really know how it'd work...

I have not subb'd since sub items in game are able to be perma-lost now. I know an account reset will get them back but account resets will not be in the final game and the rate I die at, about thrice a play session, I'll not get to enjoy the items for long before losing them forever so it's really blunted my enthusiasm for seeking out and obtaining them in the first place. I know that wasn't the point of subscription but it was a big driver for me personally, especially the Wowblasts!

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Thanks for the details, especially about the doubling. I heard it was sometimes possible but never tried it and didn't really know how it'd work...

I have not subb'd since sub items in game are able to be perma-lost now. I know an account reset will get them back but account resets will not be in the final game and the rate I die at, about thrice a play session, I'll not get to enjoy the items for long before losing them forever so it's really blunted my enthusiasm for seeking out and obtaining them in the first place. I know that wasn't the point of subscription but it was a big driver for me personally, especially the Wowblasts!
I've resigned myself to not using any of the subscriber items (although, given I tend to avoid combat related activities I have a lower, but non-zero, chance to lose items) to ensure I have them if\when I want to use them.

I believe the Character reset is possibly being altered to use a "Character repair" system with 3.18 - From what I have seen, it looks to function in a similar manner to the character reset except it won't change your "spawn point", and your complete inventory (consumables, ammo, etc. - hopefuly paid subscriber items also returning), reputation, and mission progress should be retained (no more "evaluation" missions following a reset, all going well). Having a "lost and found" kiosk where you could go to reclaim lost subscriber items would be better, though - Although they'd need to work out what constitutes a "lost" item, to seperate misplaced items from those left somewhere to allow the "owner" to claim another\duplicate it, then go back and collect the original (whether from the ground or an alt account), which is probably part of the reason why implementing this functionality is taking so long.

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
I have gone back and forth with subscribing for some time now, I keep track of the flair and if I think there's sufficient enough cause to buy a lot of it then I'll sign up, buy it and cancel. This latest armor is on the hell no list because it looks like something Destiny would create.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Having a "lost and found" kiosk where you could go to reclaim lost subscriber items would be better
The reset works well to return lost items, make sure you allow 15 minutes for the things to work properly. You also might find everything except your aUEC is reset, including some items you bought in game. It's not ideal but that's what we have.

The Lost and Found kiosk idea has been talked about by CIG, but I think they're going to continue the account reset for quite a while. That makes sense to have the kiosk once the game goes live, because CIG makes real money when you have a subscriber item that's lost. It shouldn't be easy, and I wouldn't mind if it cost UEC to do it.

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish

I signed up last year with the Christmas discount for a year's subscription - The coupon and armor, paints, etc. that I got (without knowing what to expect) seem to have been worth the cost, but I'm not sure whether I'll do the same again this year - The Aussie dollar has dropped a bit in value since then, sadly.
While true, on a recurring sub you can be automatically paying prior to any announcement of the gear. Which is also another step in why the whole subscriber system needs an overhaul given the reduction in content lately.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Subscriber email has been sent or is being sent this afternoon. Mine came in 10 minutes ago

Reactions: Raven_King
Forgot your password?