Nox packages - Best value?

Which will you get?

• Total voters

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
I'm nox gonna get one... :S our heating needs to be replaced (4000 €+) and I need to get a different car because I often have to drive my mom to the hospital /doctor etc. and she can't get out of my MX-5 NA (aka Miata).

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
I too bought the five pack.. to keep one of each color and CCU the other three!
Great minds think alike.

I'm nox gonna get one... :
I saw what you did there. When they are in game, look me up and my Nox is yours to ride. You're being responsible and I salute you for that. o7

Apehanger handlebars!...and Bluetooth!
That's exactly how I want to pimp out my Dragonfly. Apehangers and a sissy bar on the back for an extra helmet would look so righteous.

Last edited:

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
looks like a easy way to get a LTI starfarer + 2 Nox as well
Was thinking about this one. Anyone know off the top of their head what the upgrade value of the Starkegger is? How much of a discount is that package? Thinking credit price only, though, my cheapskate senses are tingling.

Otherwise, just got 6 Noxes. Plan on melting them tomorrow, then loading up on dual packages and then melting those. Load up my buyback and then make final choice on the last day of the sale. Definitely going to have to keep one, they're just too kewl. Haven't made up my mind between tuxedo and wedding gown...

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Hahahahahahaha
Was thinking about this one. Anyone know off the top of their head what the upgrade value of the Starkegger is? How much of a discount is that package? Thinking credit price only, though, my cheapskate senses are tingling.

Otherwise, just got 6 Noxes. Plan on melting them tomorrow, then loading up on dual packages and then melting those. Load up my buyback and then make final choice on the last day of the sale. Definitely going to have to keep one, they're just too kewl. Haven't made up my mind between tuxedo and wedding gown...
Dammit, don't make MY ship buying fingers start tingling.

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic
Seems that they would come up with a way to keep people from transferring LTI's to a higher priced ship. I'm not saying that I would enjoy that, but I mean we've gotta admit that it's pretty sleazy that we're able to transfer an LTI from a $35 ship to one of any price.

*It is going to cost much more for people to insure those ships in-game. I get the early backer argument, but I mean....that's kinda p2w esque. More than buying ships with cash.

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
Black because I was poor and couldn't afford two, plus I wanted the LTI, so it's getting upgraded any way to possibly a reworked Origin when it comes out.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
LTI is not going away...Let's take a quick look at why.

Big backers (anyone spending more than $100) are quick to point out that the possibility of losing a real money pledge is a serious concern to them. In fact, the more people spend, the less risk they want to take with regards to losing the ship they pledged for.

Whales (people spending $500 to $1000+) certainly fall in the category as well. They backed a game for a TON on money...much more then they would it they had waited to buy it after it goes live. CIG is desperate for those people, as they are the ones that will keep buying ships. If they were to lose these people, because of a lack of something as simple (and supposedly as meaningless) as LTI, it would be extremely difficult to get backers to replace them.

Yes, CIG has had an increase in backers lately. I think there were 1.2-1.4 million backers when I joined a few years ago, and now it is approaching 1.9 million. Yes, that's big, but how many are really spending lots of dosh? Those that are are going to have the same concerns that older whales have...they won't back a game where the pledge they make can be lost easily. CIG is offering a route to LTI via CCU lets these newer people buy older ships they missed the concept sale for, yet still get LTI. Since they will be buying many hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in ships, allowing them to obtain LTI is just good business at this stage of the game as it lets these new backers to buy up lots of older ships. Ships they might decide to buy in-game only if there was no route to LTI

Finally, there are Grand Admirals...people who have dropped the equivalent of a week-long trip to Hawaii for two on the game. To these people, LTI will actually make a difference in the game. They have so many ships that maintaining insurance on all of them would actually hinter their ability to actually play the game and acquire wealth in the game because it would be impossible to maintain that fleet. CIG REALLY REALLY wants to keep these people happy. They don't just buy ships, they buy multiple copies or all the variants of the same ship. Without LTI, these people would start taking a hard look at what they want in their fleet and pare down to what they want, and either sell off they remainder to people who want that ship and can't get, or they will melt and use credit to buy any concept ships that make a difference to their fleet makeup, possibly resulting in another melt. This means the people who spend the most won't be opening their wallets ever again...not a place CIG wants to be.

Honestly, I expect CIG to pop in at the end of Alpha (or maybe Beta) and announce that anyone who backed gets LTI on their ship...but it won't happen until ship sales stop because they want people to keep buying those LTI tokens.

Forgot your password?