Odyssey

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
So what is the starfarer for now??!?!!?
Startfarer is for refuelling and fuel trasport, this ship can't, at least at the first glance, refuel other vessels, just produce his own fuel... that is kinda nice for an exporetion ship and I wonder if this feature will be added to the much larger Endevour, I hope so, it will be kinda of a joke otherwise.

Nice ship with a lot of feature, I wonder if that mining arms and refinery ccould work also for other type of material, if so this will be a nice ship for a mining-based group, with the ability to do all the work in-house (or I shoudl say in-ship??) and then just sell the goods. COnsidering the cargo space it will be kinda profitable being able to stock pile and sell only one type of material to the right place. Minig, refinery and trading all in one package.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Nice ship with a lot of feature, I wonder if that mining arms and refinery ccould work also for other type of material, if so this will be a nice ship for a mining-based group, with the ability to do all the work in-house (or I shoudl say in-ship??) and then just sell the goods. COnsidering the cargo space it will be kinda profitable being able to stock pile and sell only one type of material to the right place. Minig, refinery and trading all in one package.
This is why I'm going to have to wait for the Q&A for this ship to pull the trigger or not. IF it's able to mine & refine whatever the Prospector or MOLE can mine, then refine them within the ship to then sell at another location, then glorius, but if it's only able to refine quantum fuel to refine for its own fuel needs, then not so much. I'd also love to know if you can store & sell the mined quantum fuel to locations, because that would bring in some seriously high UEC.

Anybody know where CIG Gives you the 10% Sub coupon I have one since I haven't used it in more then a year but forgot where they Post it! Want to use it to buy this baby Trading my Orion for it which I paid ONLY $250 for and they are giving me over $500 in trade in credit for.
When CIG issues you the discount coupon for subscribing, it's placed in your hangar with the coupon number to enter at checkout of the item you with to purchase with it. Note, that it only applies to a single item, not all that is in the shopping cart unless the only thing in the cart is a ship bundle. Also note that the percentage amount caps off at x% up to $500. So be cautious with how you use it or you might waste it.

Cyberwolf

Space Marshal
Oct 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Cyberwulfe
This is why I'm going to have to wait for the Q&A for this ship to pull the trigger or not. IF it's able to mine & refine whatever the Prospector or MOLE can mine, then refine them within the ship to then sell at another location, then glorius, but if it's only able to refine quantum fuel to refine for its own fuel needs, then not so much. I'd also love to know if you can store & sell the mined quantum fuel to locations, because that would bring in some seriously high UEC.

When CIG issues you the discount coupon for subscribing, it's placed in your hangar with the coupon number to enter at checkout of the item you with to purchase with it. Note, that it only applies to a single item, not all that is in the shopping cart unless the only thing in the cart is a ship bundle. Also note that the percentage amount caps off at x% up to $500. So be cautious with how you use it or you might waste it.

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Does the Carrack Loaner also grant you the Pisces and Rover?
Don't think it does, though the explorer pack comes with a Sabre and a Tumbril.

I do like that the Hangar can also be used to store ground vehicles in, there is a bulkhead from the ramp and cargo area to the Hangar. Judging from the Sabre being shown in the illustrations as well as being in the explorer pack, it can fit in the hangar deck, which means that a Prospector SHOULD be able to also, as it is 8 meters shorter, just a meter wider and a meter taller than a Sabre. They also show this in one of the illustrations, so if my hypothesis is correct, that right there is enough for me to upgrade.

Also capital shields is really, really nice.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hmmmm.

An Oddy for $700, or an Endeavour with landing pod for, what is it, like $425...?

...or a Starfarer Gemini for $340...

A tough one for me personally. Already have an Endo with a hangar and this Hurc C2 turned in to store credit...

If the SF Gemini could actually fly... I mean, one day it will be able to, won't it... w-won't it?

- EDIT -

Went in on the Starfarer Gemini, already have an Endo and the Oddy is out of my reach wihout melting one of my keepers... last time I had one of these it could not hit space before running out of H fuel. This time it was... downright graceful! It still needs a squirt of after burner to get off the floor but at least it isn't totally unusable now and although it have a lot of drift it feels just nimble enough to justify having pilot controlled pew. Hope it stays this way!

Last edited:

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Going from the artist mis-representation, it shows that the main elevator is of X'ian technology and one of the "Floaty disc" type elevators.

Lending further credence to my Prospector hypothesis is that the hanger floor is located on the bottom deck, with a total of three decks of clearance for the ships stored there.

It looks to have all the amenities of the Carrack, with the ability to carry a larger craft in the hangar, better shields and heavier guns (as well as missiles, something the Carrack lacks).

The big thing for me is having the potential for having a S1 and S2 mining lasers available while exploring.

(Excuse me while I Fanboi squeal)
misc_odyssey_promo_piece_04_v015-min2.png

Last edited:

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
It seams like a lot of palyers are thinking the same way right now:

fist upvoted question:
"Can it only refine Quantanium, and does the mined material go to the cargo bay for sale or straight to the fuel tanks after refining?"

another interesting question is:
"Is the odyssey able to refines materials froms others ships ? ( like the ore bags of a prospector for instance ) "

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Forgot your password?