Ooooh, statistics!

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I like everything else on the Stats page, except for the bit about "1064 years" and then comparing it to Rome. Like, either you're comparing the 7 years your game has been in development to the 1064 years Rome existed, or you'll compare the amount of years players have spent playing to the number of years Romans have spent in Rome.

Idk, maybe it's a weird thing to nitpick about, but it's 3 AM and I aint planning on going to bed, so you'll be hearing me shouting to the clouds plenty today!

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
There are lies, and there are damned lies... and then there are statistics.
So, would false statistics then be more truthful than normal statistics?

Reactions: Deroth and Zookajoe

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
So, would false statistics then be more truthful than normal statistics?
Wait... did you just ask "Can a false lie be more truthful than a normal lie?" Yeah it could be, but only statistically... That's a deep question though, I'm still trying to think of which 1004 years Rome was an Empire during.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I don't know... depends on how you manipulate the data, not sure there is a false statistic unless you have absolutely no data, The answer to all questions is #42... so if you don't know just divide by 42.
...or a bunch of false and manipulated data.

Reactions: Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I don't know... depends on how you manipulate the data, not sure there is a false statistic unless you have absolutely no data, The answer to all questions is #42... so if you don't know just divide by 42.
Cough. We actually do something like that in AI development. It's a little more complex than using a constant value, but not appreciably more difficult.
So, yeah, same general effect. Imagine that, the world's most complex AI's are based on layers of "educated" guesses. We use averages a lot because they are unlikely to dramatically impact the existing data, but they do have a statistically significant impact. CIG is not immune to the same laws that impact other AI's, and CIG is not a thought leader in the field.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Wow really surprised at how many kills the Arrow has! Was it a free fly ship or something? First "real fighter" people buy with aUEC?

Very pleasantly surprised at how popular the Cutlass is- one of my favorite ships and I think hits the sweet spot in size and crew for day to day gameplay 😎☠

Reactions: Deroth
Forgot your password?