Operation: Borrow an Idris

Bollweevil

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2020
RSI Handle
Bollweevil
I'll be there! Probably an hour or so late. It's at 11am for me, and the kids go down for nap at 12pm, so I can jump on after I get them down.

I have a Carrack, 2 Hammerheads (don't have the needed guns on them yet though, could probably get them if needed), and a Sentinel. Or just my body as cannon fodder, whatever is required.

Reactions: DirectorGunner

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
most likely they are hiding it for the big reveal when SQ42 comes out.
Yep very probably this is the reason: they already shiow us some of the interior at last year CitizenCon, so, even if not 100% compleated, some interior are already done.
Considering all the video of player braking into the Javellin and the Idris during the invictus, it's easy to see why CIG has made the Idris a solid block... unfortunatly

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Much to the frustration of Idris owners the ship continues to be hinted at that its complete but they have no intention of releasing it into the PU until after SQ42 comes out in beta.

View: https://youtu.be/6RylJpU_qJ4?t=2653
You can't properly use it with the current server caps either. There is more than one reason not to put these in the PTU yet.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
You can't properly use it with the current server caps either. There is more than one reason not to put these in the PTU yet.
I honestly do not believe this is as big of an issue anymore with server side container streaming in place. While docking is not yet in the game we have already seen the Idris in engine and I still strongly feel that the only reason its not in game is because they really want our first experience with it to be in SQ42.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Considering that the Idris will very likely not having the interior and the upcoming Xeno-treat mission won't be better to re-schedule the event for taking this mission instead?
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJDY3u0SlRQ

Should the mission work as described in this video there is a chance to be able to organise this event two times, one on each side..

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
@Esctasy wait for it, is not out yet and most of the video is speculation, done on solid bases, but speculation, and so we don't know if and when this will come into game... Remember this kind of mission was anticipated several months ago and then scrapped do to his playability... I don't feel, do to all the implementation CIG have done recently that this will be the case, but who knows...

BryerB

Lieutenant
Nov 20, 2020
RSI Handle
BryerB
Did a lot of fleeting melting and management around the annual event. No longer have a carrack to contribute, but do have a hammerhead or happy to load up a smaller ship as well

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
Right after we all disband, I went back into the game and spawned the Arlington Idris :((
I know what to do now, I have to do a single mission by myself (the Eckhart 87k mission).
Everytime you log off, the Arlighton Idris mission goes away, and you have to redo that mission.

So next time for sure we will spawn it!

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Right after we all disband, I went back into the game and spawned the Arlington Idris :((
I know what to do now, I have to do a single mission by myself (the Eckhart 87k mission).
Everytime you log off, the Arlighton Idris mission goes away, and you have to redo that mission.

So next time for sure we will spawn it!
This sound like a plan now...

Forgot your password?