Operation Pitchfork?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I was perusing the merch store, looking for skins, and I see one that's called "Operation Pitchfork". Quoi?

So I google it, and get all these hits for an org with the same name. A couple blurbs about "taking back Orion". I honestly could have researched more, but work, and stuff. And I really like talking to y'all.

So I'm wondering, did CIG make a skin after the org, or did the org get the name from something that CIG has planned in game?

TLDR: what the hell is Op Pitchfork?

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
in short Operation Pitchfork is the planned invasion of Vanduul space at the end of the beta before the last server wipe before the game comes out 'officially'. Its intended to be a last hurrah with nothing to lose and have some fun doing it.

On the other side of the coin is Operation Yawspoon named by yours truly where members of TEST go against this unsanctioned act of aggression toward the peaceful Vanduul.

Duckforceone

Captain
Feb 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Duckforceone
in short Operation Pitchfork is the planned invasion of Vanduul space at the end of the beta before the last server wipe before the game comes out 'officially'. Its intended to be a last hurrah with nothing to lose and have some fun doing it.

On the other side of the coin is Operation Yawspoon named by yours truly where members of TEST go against this unsanctioned act of aggression toward the peaceful Vanduul.
do tell more about your operation ???

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
do tell more about your operation ???
CIG has already kinda said they would support Pitchfork and make something like it happen. WE in Yawspoon want to agent smith in as the Vanduul and fight against this unfounded aggression if CIG will let us. Yeah we attacked a few planets? So what. Its called territorial expansion. Totally harmless.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Operation Pitchfork was an idea that some guy on RSI came up with.

Then somebody went and started an org for it.

Then RSI said they liked the idea, so its kind of an org that is running on an RSI backed idea.

Drama begins when operation pitchfork ends and you have org that has been promoted by RSI, there will be delicious tears!

That being said, WE SHALL DESTROY THEM!

Yawspoon forever!

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
It looks like a lot of fun. An epic fleet, probably pushing the limits of what the game will do.

I'm definitely interested.

I do also like the idea of Yawnspoon. I'd get in on that action.

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
Well then. Consider me learned. Ha. Thanks gents. Looks like Operation Yawspoon is TEST's time to shine. Just like Glowing Leaders head! We'll be destroying all sorts of Pitchforkians with relish. And mustard. Mostly mustard painted Auroras, but who's counting.
AHOY THERE MATEY! LET ME TEACH YOU THE ERROR OF YOUR WAYS!

JOIN OPERATION ANGRY SPORK!

Those of us participating in Operation Pitchfork face an awe inspiring foe. We will have to face both the Vanduul, Operation Yawspoon, and our own incompetence. Some of us will most assuredly fall. Most likely, tripping over our empty beer cans. But, take heart brethren, for some of us will survive to fight another day.

Those of us participating in Operation Yawspoon face a slightly hilarious and most likely drunken foe. There will be blood. Yes, it does seem like I have a rather severe papercut. We should give them papercuts! We will potentially have to cut down our own brothers and sisters at arms. And then, only then, will we get the chance to hug our sweet, sexy, Vanduul ladies (or men, I don't judge).

But some of us are traitors! Traitors to their own! Instead of choosing to die in glorious, honorable battle, with a beer in their hands and a curse on their lips, they wish to pillage our remains! Lead by the dastardly Opiepal, Operation Dustpan seeks to salvage our wreckage, our proud ships, and desecrate the fleshy meat sacs we formerly called home!

Click here for proof of their villainy! A list of the traitors!

Thus, in the face of this egregious insult, I call upon the survivors of Operations Pitchfork and Yawspoon to join me in battle once more for Operation Angry Spork! We will be drunk! We will be tired! We may have a kingship! We may have lost our genitalia in a midnight rendezvous with some 'duul! We may be out of ammo and/or limbs! REGARDLESS! We will fight to the last man to prevent them from taking our fallen and brothers and sisters for profit! More importantly, nobody gets to pillage my remains but me!

I believe I act in accordance with the finest TEST traditions of infighting and counter operations. Gentlemen (and gentlewomen), do not let this affront stand! JOIN ME!

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
Last edited:

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I look forward to battle, the symphony of destruction featuring the melody of engines shrieking in high-performance turns, counterpointed in harmony by the sizzle of laser beams, punctuated by heavy cannon fire and explosions, and conducted by madness and confusion, with solos by bravery, stupidity, and pure dumb luck.

Of course, I'm really waiting on the next morning when I roll out with Afterparty and Clarkson's Hammer and begin sweeping up the pieces to turn a tidy profit. Operation Dustpan forever!

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
I look forward to battle, the symphony of destruction featuring the melody of engines shrieking in high-performance turns, counterpointed in harmony by the sizzle of laser beams, punctuated by heavy cannon fire and explosions, and conducted by madness and confusion, with solos by bravery, stupidity, and pure dumb luck.

Of course, I'm really waiting on the next morning when I roll out with Afterparty and Clarkson's Hammer and begin sweeping up the pieces to turn a tidy profit. Operation Dustpan forever!
Well sorry to rain on your parade but isn't it on the last day of the beta? So no time to collect? I'm just wondering

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

So much poetry. And the name Afterparty; it's perfect.

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch
Forgot your password?