Org funded Endeavor?

Get an Endeavor?

• Yes, we need all the ships!

Votes: 67 65.0%
  • No, just get it when the game comes out!

Votes: 36 35.0%

• Total voters

Desterion

Admiral
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Desterion
Usually I'm on board for the org getting one, but here I don't think it's really necessary. I'm sure we'l have at least a few people picking up personal ones which can be used for when we really need them. I don't see it as a ship though that's going to be taken out a whole lot for the org as compared to some of the others. I've got 1 full support ship spot that is currently an Orion. Depending on how the endeavor turns out to really be I might melt it for one.

However it's size makes it a good substitute possibly for using it for face to face kind of org stuff if there isn't an 890 or cap ship around.

Reactions: Sanbo

Audax Phidippus

Captain
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
Audax_Phidippus
i just learned how big this ship is really supposed to be. lets play a game, spot the cutlas red!
FTR, that one's not accurate. Backer photoshop. Someone assumed that those circles are landing pads - and thus must fit a cutlass.
It's a big ship - but not THAT big. And someone, Lando IIRC, has said since that those are NOT landing pads(anymore?). If you picture the large top-and-center module as a Cutlass, I think that is roughly the correct scale.

I see a lot of people that don't think the org needs one, because many of us will already have one. I'm one of those people that is definitely getting one - and I still think it's one that the org should have, too. When the poop hits the fan, there is no guarantee that any of us Endeavor owners will be available - or even if we are, that we won't waiting for an insurance replacement because we did something stupid with it.
Of course, all of that is hinged on the assumption that a hospital ship is something that will be beneficial in a large battle. Will have to wait for the write-up to be sure on that. But if it is something that could sway the tides of war - I think the org should have one, and sit on it. No loaning this one out for random jobs, IMO - unless we get more than one. It's good to keep an emergency first aid kit.

Reactions: LiterallyAlty

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
We'll have a week to purchase the ship, correct? So I think Montoya's idea to gauge interest with a poll now, should be followed up by figuring out how many personal Endeavors there are after people make purchases (tonight and tomorrow). I remember Mumble chat being a good way to find out who all was getting 890 Jumps and Javelins, although that could be because they were time and hull limited sales. I think using a sample of the active users on Discord might be an acceptable representation of the org as a whole? If it's decided we should get one, that gives us a week to raise funds and purchase one.

i just learned how big this ship is really supposed to be. lets play a game, spot the cutlas red!
I'm glad we have this picture to sort of judge things by. In my opinion, this actually highlights that this is a ship way too big for me to pick up for solo/NPC staff use (also considering a recent computer purchase, haha). It feels more like an organization/team ship? I think we'll have to gauge how much of an impact it could make if it were available on Day 1 versus a purchase. We knew the Orions will be critical from the get go.

Parrottmath

Admiral
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
parrottmath
LTI hospital ship is tempting. Getting these ships do in fact supports CIG in creating a game. Having a dedicated hospital ship (if not 2) would be nice to keep for org wars / conflicts. We are going to get injured and the hospital ship is basically the place where TEST is based.

Adding the science endeavor, not sure if this is necessary to purchase before hand. But this is about supporting CIG and getting the game finished. If it is about future org plans, we will probably have enough in game currency to purchase one, but then we have to maintain the insurance on the ship as well.

I do support getting an org endeavor and further think it will help CIG in the long run.

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
Its out.

What are your thoughts now that we have more info?
We don't need one. We need at least two.

The fact that the ship will act as a respawn point (Devil Doge was right on the money) means that we'll want a dedicated medical Endeavor parked near any expected engagement. And I haven't even finished reading the RSI article to see what other modules are available.

"Amateurs discuss tactics; Professionals discuss logistics" as the saying goes. This isn't a sexy firepower laden ship, but one that I think will be one of the most critical support vessels. Hopefully NKato is already typing up a dissertation that discusses the pros/cons of such an acquisition.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I think we definitely should have one but think it would be wiser to get it ingame. I do not see it being an issue for us to get one quickly in PU.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I am in favor of acquiring either a barebones Endeavor or a Hope-Class with LTI on the org's ledger.

That way, we have something that is readily available when the members that own Endys aren't.

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
Do we have any idea how much the modules will cost in-game? I'd hate to melt my Supa Hornet only to find out that the pods are a tenth of the cost of one... Leaning towards Endeavor base, just so I can keep my SH. Thoughts?

Sanbo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sanbo
I think the hangar alone on the hope is a definite reason for a org of this size to own on day one. Think of it this way a red can bring you back to life but what will you fly?
If the skirmish is even a 5 min flight away from a planet that can spawn/build ships. Having the hope just outside of the fight can make a huge difference in lost flight time.
Designated Drunk and Devil Dodge you guys are right and I agree. Heck I was debating on buying one. But I'll toss some cash to the org for this.

LiterallyAlty

Space Marshal
Jul 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Literally
If TEST gets one, I'd vote for the Hope-class. Being able to have a mobile spawn point is probably a greater strategic asset than almost anything else.
It saves travel time, and might keep toons from hitting death taxes? Yeah, that's probably going to be major support for trying to do anything with larger fleet fights/movements.

Reactions: Shenanigons
Forgot your password?