Org funded Hull E [Fully funded!!!]

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
But does you know already the size difference between the E and the D? maybe two D aren't better than a E......

Reactions: Tooterfish

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
A lot of people want the D, but they feel that society will think differently about them.

I want you guys to know that nobody here cares if you want the D or not. What we care about it how happy you are with what life has given you!

Every day is a gift, that is why we call it the present!

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
A lot of people want the D, but they feel that society will think differently about them.

I want you guys to know that nobody here cares if you want the D or not. What we care about it how happy you are with what life has given you!

Every day is a gift, that is why we call it the present!
This is how you know when he's switched to the hard stuff.

Reactions: CGPepper

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I think we'll end up sharing a LOT of responsibility for the Hull E when we get it in the PU. It'll need to be used for major commodity runs under ECON, and for supply runs under LOGI.

Any thoughts on this?

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan
A for effort. I say we get a whole bunch of A's space duct tape them together and have the Hull A Super Structure.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I suggest we wait and reevaluate. They have termed the D and E as "tanker" and "super tanker", this could mean that they are specifically focused, like the starfarer, on liquid fuel hauling. If they are specially focused on fuel, we should try hard to get a Hull C in there somewhere. Otherwise, bigger is better.
I think that was more in reference to "holy donkey balls, its a giant fucking cargo ship, this motherfucking vessel will carry enough kegs to get even the rowdiest TESTFEST (side note we need to organize a TESTFEST when the PU is out) blackout drunk and have enough leftover for Beer and Eggs at 1pm the next day, cooked by Squeaky because he makes really good Eggs and Bacon when he's hungover. Remind me to buy more coffee too, I'm almost out. What was I talking about? Oh yeah the Hull D+E. I think they're big cargo ships."

As opposed to an "actual tanker" (although they might have tanker modules you can plug in instead of solid cargo ones, who knows?

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I think we'll end up sharing a LOT of responsibility for the Hull E when we get it in the PU. It'll need to be used for major commodity runs under ECON, and for supply runs under LOGI.

Any thoughts on this?
At the risk of double posting- this is why LTI is great. Assuming that we lose it, it's not an irreparable loss. You can always get more cargo.

But yes, this is probably one of the ships thats not going to be lended out willy nilly like a Starfarer or Constellation. It's a big, expensive, and most likely, very vulnerable ship. Probably only going to be used for the biggest and most well defended trade/transport runs, since it's going to be the most cargo you can probably carry in game. Probably only going to be used for bulk shipping of ore, fuel, ammunition, maybe even ship hulls if that's allowed. For your average player, a Hull C will probably be MORE than sufficient for trading runs.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I suggest we wait and reevaluate. They have termed the D and E as "tanker" and "super tanker", this could mean that they are specifically focused, like the starfarer, on liquid fuel hauling. If they are specially focused on fuel, we should try hard to get a Hull C in there somewhere. Otherwise, bigger is better.
They also mention the entire Hull series is modularized and flexible. I think it certainly will have the capacity to carry fluid cargoes, but they just pulled out the super tanker because it's pretty much the largest cargo vessel in the world.

Reactions: honcho12
C

CaptainHavoc

Hello TESTies!

Pricing for the Hull series of haulers has been announced:
  • Hull A - $60 USD
  • Hull B - $90 USD
  • Hull C - $200 USD
  • Hull D - $350 USD
  • Hull E - $550 USD
Logistics will be an important money maker early in the game, while it is not critical to us as an org, it would be nice to have the resources we need ready to go from day 1.

As I always, if you are a starving student or already have already spent more money than your wife knows on this game, DO NOT DONATE TO THIS DRIVE!

We will aim for a Hull E, if by Friday we are below $550, we will get the nearest Hull version to what ever was raised.

If we are over $550, we get the E, then get the which ever other Hull the remaining funds allow.

Eg $610 raised, we get the E and A.
$640 raised, we get the E and B etc

Donation drive is live at https://testsquadron.com/goals/misc-hull-variants-e-fund-org-hangar.6/

Insert jokes about getting the D below.
INSTRUCTIONS NOT CLEAR SPENT all FOOD MONEY ON SHIPS

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
I donated just not to receive the D.

Forgot your password?