Orison Diving Club

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I have long since given up on physics in this game even trying to approach reality. I just play it and close my mind to the weird stuff.
Added to that with being able to vent your ship to the void of space to put out fires doing the same for pressure could effectively change what depths you could reach before permanent damage to your ship...

The possibilities are endless, the more mechanics that come along, the more situations and combinations they need to take account of :like: The joys of a game in development, eh?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
It appears the higher speed you carry the further you can get before you blow, however from the previous test where the Starfarer also managed sub16k meters, perhaps it can be glitched past too?

I have a feeling 2,000m/s is the games hard speed limit for sub-quantum... do I have a Player speed record or has anyone else managed the same... Or has anyone else flown faster?
I can't say that I've ever traveled faster sub QT nor deeper into Crusader, but I can state that back around 3.0 I'd accidentally crashed my way through the surfase of Cellin in my Freelancer at top speed. I was on the dark side of the moon & didn't realize that the place I was heading was on the other side of the moon. I did eventually get there, but I was inside the planet & had to get advice on how to suicide since there wasn't any way to get back out. Sadly, I was too stressed & frustrated at the time to think of taking screen shots.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I can't say that I've ever traveled faster sub QT nor deeper into Crusader, but I can state that back around 3.0 I'd accidentally crashed my way through the surfase of Cellin in my Freelancer at top speed. I was on the dark side of the moon & didn't realize that the place I was heading was on the other side of the moon. I did eventually get there, but I was inside the planet & had to get advice on how to suicide since there wasn't any way to get back out. Sadly, I was too stressed & frustrated at the time to think of taking screen shots.
I haven't seen that lately, but I can tell you during 3.12 you could randomly be teleported to inside of Stanton. Before that 3.9 was the last time I ended up inside a moon or planet, but YMMV.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Aloha and a wonderful day to the fine members of the Orison Diving Club!

Patch 3.17 is due for replacement soon so what better time for some new depth tests!

Aurora LN popped between 17k and 16k depth.
Origin 325a deperted existance in a similar manner.
The Connie Taurus likewise.
The Starfarer went the way of all things the same way.

Conclusion: The Terminator is still at the same depth and still seems to apply to ships identically :-)

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I wonder, what happens if you jump from a ship? Does it make any difference if you're wearing clothing or a mining suit? Does it make a difference if you're carrying Francis the Party Animal plushie with you?
We could take a ship down to 20k with three willing subjects and conduct all three variables at once! :-)

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
We could take a ship down to 20k with three willing subjects and conduct all three variables at once! :-)
I have always wanted to get down to the zone where hydrogen is mixing with oxygen so I could light a match. By all rights, this should turn Crusader into a ice giant. I'd hate to live with the crime stat for that though.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Good TESTies of the Orison Diving Club, I bring disquieting news - I attempted with a 350r and a Glaive, there is a impound level at about 50,000m. I will try later with the Starfarer to see if it's limited to non-gas-mining ships or everything, but for the moment it appears the depths are off limits by decree of Crusader Industries!

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Good TESTies of the Orison Diving Club, I bring disquieting news - I attempted with a 350r and a Glaive, there is a impound level at about 50,000m. I will try later with the Starfarer to see if it's limited to non-gas-mining ships or everything, but for the moment it appears the depths are off limits by decree of Crusader Industries!
Oh no! How will we hold this years Diving World Championship then???

Maybe we need to change it to more of a drag race? How fast can one reach the impound limit.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Oh no! How will we hold this years Diving World Championship then???

Maybe we need to change it to more of a drag race? How fast can one reach the impound limit.
Perhaps this is a bit morbid, but perhaps we could see if we could set up an time during this event at some point where we TESTies all logged in with enough people to claim an entire server to ourselves by creating a group / party that size, loading in on Orison (just to be safe that we'd all arrive) & gathering on an 890J. Then that 890J would take the plunge into the depths with us all on it. Effectively causing a server wide wipe almost simultaneously. Call it The Fall of Fortuna Event? If we have any streamers with us during the event, they could document it on their channels, to save for posterity, the glorious wackiness of TEST. Sort of a TESTified raspberry to Death of the Spaceman before that matters any.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Perhaps this is a bit morbid, but perhaps we could see if we could set up an time during this event at some point where we TESTies all logged in with enough people to claim an entire server to ourselves by creating a group / party that size, loading in on Orison (just to be safe that we'd all arrive) & gathering on an 890J. Then that 890J would take the plunge into the depths with us all on it. Effectively causing a server wide wipe almost simultaneously. Call it The Fall of Fortuna Event? If we have any streamers with us during the event, they could document it on their channels, to save for posterity, the glorious wackiness of TEST. Sort of a TESTified raspberry to Death of the Spaceman before that matters any.
Ah yes, standard cult behavior! Great idea!

Have you seen @Montoya 's stream where he did the Simon Says game and shot anyone who messed up?
I think we could also turn this into that game, just do that off the edge of the 890J's top deck. Whomever messes up, has to jump or gets shot off the ship lol
If we don't take over the whole server and do it from above the main platform, like, somewhere above the hotel (the Orison spawn point), imagine the shock of the random players who just spawned in lol. Have someone from us film it from below as it just starts raining man. Hallelujah! hahahaha

Forgot your password?