Paging CosmicTrader, if you see this please drop in!

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Maybe the dude went to another guild... we all seen how he's treated by montoya
If my wife and I dropped out of the guild we have been playing with over 25 years and there was no contact, no discord logins, no posts on forums, etc., for a month then yeah, they would probably be worried about us.

Unfortunately, we have seen people pass away in our guild. One guy about 15 years ago died about an hour or so after one of our leaders talked to him about 2 am or so. Just had a heart attack at the keyboard and his wife found him there the next morning. Fortunately, she knew about us and was able to get in touch with us to let us know what happened, but had the guy been offline more than 2 weeks, we would have known something was wrong.

Patterns exist for a reason.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Cosmic was a very private man. He never shared any info, he did not even want to use 2FA on Discord because he refused to share his phone number.
He has been living alone for a few years now, his girlfriend passed away a while ago.

Going onto four weeks now since his last activity.

The local police in what we think was his area have been contacted. The only address we were able to find was from 2016, so we don't know if it was even current. We have not heard anything back from the authorities yet.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
^^ thats a good idea. They cant give you any info but they can use the data themseves.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Have you tried escalating to CIG? They might have his personal information and might be able to help? It's the least they can do considering how much free testing, being evocati, he's done for them all these years. Just thinking of ideas.
We have done that, but a few things:

- Its not the role of any person or department to go and hunt down information on people.
- If they do find some information, they are not permitted to share it due to privacy issues.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
To be honest if I decided I was gonna take a few weeks off the internet and I ended up having the police breaking down the door saying monyoya requests your presense I would be quite pissed. i hope cosmic sees this in the future and realizes it all came from a place of TEST love.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
To be honest if I decided I was gonna take a few weeks off the internet and I ended up having the police breaking down the door saying monyoya requests your presense I would be quite pissed. i hope cosmic sees this in the future and realizes it all came from a place of TEST love.
It would be easier to love him if the old salt had a damn cell phone and gave the number to somebody!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I don't give a damn if he got upset over the police checking on him from us being worried about him. That could've been avoided if he'd allowed somebody to have access to him in some manner to make sure he's alright when he suddenly changes from the norm & goes dead silent suddenly. Strangers we may technically be, but we've interacted with him for however long we've gotten the opportunity, which can lead people to care for each other and want the best for each other. Hopefully, he'll eventually find this threat & see that he's cared about as well as was missed, to help him get over being approached by the cops checking on him. If that happened to me, You can bet your bippy I'd be touched emotionally in positive ways from the feeling of brotherhood.

Forgot your password?