Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Dethsause
Hi, I'm running the following

i7-6600k OC to 4.5ghz
32gb DDR 4 3200 mhz ram
2x GTX 970s SLIed
and so on...

I have a custom config that gets me some decent playable frames 40 - 50 fps. Download the user.txt file, open it up, edit what you need or leave it be, then save it as user.cfg and put it in your C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Public folder.

This is a CUSTOM config for me, read the comments above each option before editing the config. If you get worse frame rates than just delete user.cfg... Also I'm not responsible for breaking your stuff just fyi.

*** NOTE This will override base graphic settings with the settings you input ***

Granted the majority of this FPS loss is server side but this config helps me anyway.

Attachments

Last edited:

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
Hi, I'm running the following

i7-6600k OC to 4.5ghz
32gb DDR 4 3200 mhz ram
2x GTX 970s SLIed
and so on...

I have a custom config that gets me some decent playable frames 40 - 50 fps. Download the user.txt file, open it up, edit what you need or leave it be, then save it as user.cfg and put it in your C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Public folder.

This is a CUSTOM config for me, read the comments above each option before editing the config. If you get worse frame rates than just delete user.cfg... Also I'm not responsible for breaking your stuff just fyi.

*** NOTE This will override base graphic settings with the settings you input ***

Granted the majority of this FPS loss is server side but this config helps me anyway.
You get 40-50fps on Port Olisar or Arena Commander/some other mode?

Also could you test something for me that I've been itching about?

What is your fps if you set sys_physics_GPU to 0. If you get a good boost by using it, I might just stick an old HD6950 in my rig and use that for physics until they implement DX12.

Dethsause

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Dethsause
I generally get 40 to 50 FPS in Port Olisar and when I'm flying around in the PU. When I commented out the sys_physics_GPU setting I saw very little difference. I joined the same instance both times testing the sys_physics_GPU setting and both times the frames were around 30 to 40 fps. I believe I had lower then normal frames because there were 3 starfarers sitting on the landing pad outside of the port

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
And those are *only* Starfarer. I'm wondering what will happen if there are n farers spawning at a Port plus a Javelin enters the room ... not to mention the XXL space battles to which some of the StarCitizens are looking forward to ...

Capt_Baldi

Grand Admiral
May 13, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt_Baldi
I tried setting the "sys_physics_GPU" to 0 yesterday as well, but no improvement at all.

I fired up my Arena Commander just to see if it was the PU and in AC I'm getting 60 fps constantly, so it's definitely something server side in the PU.

To begin with I thought it had something to do with Port Olisar and the complexibility of the station, but even at some of the Comm Stations where there's not much going on, I see no improvement in terms of framerate at all.

Capt_Baldi

Grand Admiral
May 13, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt_Baldi
I did some of the things in the video above, and I used the "Visual Tweaks" only with a few adjustments.
I got around 30 fps when I started in the room and I was like "OMG, It actually WORKED!", but as soon as I got out of the room, it went down to 15-20 fps again..

But! My game is looking pretty nice after the tweaks and it runs just as good with all settings turned off.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
As I said before, it is server sided performance that needs fixing. If you want to see for yourself, just try running Port Olisar in single player using the level rename hack.

ratfeast

Space Marshal
Apr 11, 2016
RSI Handle
ratfeast
I have had this issue too, as a temporary fix I adjusted the resolution in the settings to from 1920 x 1080 --> 1280 x 720. Although this will make the smaller text and any finer details in the game a bit blurry, I did get about 20 fps more than before and was able to play without any stutters. [There will still be a slight pause when the SF is spawned but this is server side not client]
It's better to build a User.cfg file to get rid of useless effects like motion blur and leave your resolution alone.
and a link to examples: http://www.redacted.tv/custom-user-cfg-guide-star-citizen-alpha-2-x/

Forgot your password?