Periwinkle Alternatives?

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
So I am told that we have the best and brightest creative brains in all of Star Citizen. So what would a good alternative name would be for Periwinkle.

Lets try to keep it semi-serious :P and no LOLAuroras I no likey.

Loteus

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 1, 2013
RSI Handle
Loteus
Just throwing things into the airlock, to see what cries for mercy*

How about Enemy's Gate?
Or Hivemind?
or Dissent?
or Fist of Snoo?
or Roombas from Hell?

Aaand, they've all suffocated. Nevermind then.

*We're running out of tears for tea, and our main supply line is going to be open in two years. We need a temp vein of sorrow.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I have a feeling that after some time in the game, the lore will give us the answer we want.

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
I'm assuming that Gold is gonna stick around. I'd personally suggest Red for the military faction and then Blue for the third division. This has resonance with Star Trek and the three primary shirt colors, as well as resonance with Star Wars' red and gold squadrons.

Since Redd Faction seems to like things more poetic, Blue could become Azure without getting too weird. That has resonance with the sky, "the sky's the limit", limitless, expansive, etc. Which sort of fits with a division that's meant to be "everything else".

Reactions: Tkozy

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
Also, I think you mistook our synaptic collisions for "best and brightest creative brains" when in reality it's that our synapses are shaped like Auroras and are acting appropriately for Test pilots.

Loteus

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 1, 2013
RSI Handle
Loteus
Hell, we could reorganize the entirety of ReddFaction to conform to Security, Science and Command.

Crimson sounds more violent, and that's what orangered is good at, right?

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Crimson sounds more violent, and that's what orangered is good at, right?
Thats what they are aiming for yes :P But its kinda sad that our motely group is more awesomely powerful then their pure military wing :)

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
So I am told that we have the best and brightest creative brains in all of Star Citizen...
Well I hate to tell you....

I googled periwinkle to get a better idea of what it looks like. All I could see was Towelie

Seriously tho, if we have to keep with the color theme, how about Deep Blue? If we don't have to be color-oriented, I would definitely go with Command like Loteus said or just let the game pick it for us in lore like Montoya said. I'm also not opposed to Legion of Doom.

EDIT: I accidently some words and letters

Loteus

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 1, 2013
RSI Handle
Loteus
Another idea:
Call OrangeRed the URF (United Redd(it) Fleet) (or armada)
Call Gold the URC (United Redd Corporation) (or conglomerate)
Call Periwrinkle the URS (United Redd Syndicate)
This keeps with the whole UEE theme the lore had got going on.

Flipper

Grand Moff of TEST Squardon
Nov 1, 2013
URFURFURFURFURFURF.

That's more fun to say than URS, why do they get the good one? :(

Loteus

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 1, 2013
RSI Handle
Loteus
There's a certain logic to this madness.
They're combat orientated, so they get to say
WELCOME TO URF! and then punch our foes in the proverbial face.
URS is the last three letters of the french word "ours", which means bear. You know where the scariest kind of bear lives?

That's right. In the cold, hostile north. Where the Aurora Borealis generally manifests.

And yes, I did just make all this up.

Reactions: Dank Commander

Loteus

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 1, 2013
RSI Handle
Loteus
And "URC!" will be the sound our foes make when they find that their lucrative mining stations have been bought out, system wide by the United Redd Corporation.

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
I've already seen some MOs over there incorporating colors into their logos and flags, so my guess is that there will be ReddFaction adherents who are color-bound.

I enjoy hearing non-color alternatives, though.

Crimson > Red
Cobalt and Azure are equally good-sounding to me, though Cobalt may be more obscure.

Forgot your password?