Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Alright folks,
I am seriously contemplating going to this gala in August over at the Frankfurt CIG office. I am starting to piece together a tuxedo outfit and could use some insight from my fellow TESTies.

Jacket (or something very similar, looking for yellow jacket and black lapels with 2 buttons in the front and 1 vent in the rear with functional pockets and buttons down by the cuff)

Trousers would be black, belt-loop-less and possibly have a satin black stripe down the outer part of the legs or maybe a yellow stripe.

Shirt would be typical tux shirt with pleats and french cuffs.

Bow Tie I was thinking one of these three, need help deciding. (i am a bit biased towards the checkered one in the middle.

Cumberbund just a typical black one, nothing fancy about hiding your tucked in shirt.

Suspenders Maybe just plain black or plain yellow? Checkered?

Cuff Links I found these, but dont like the wood finish, @Black Sunder mentioned maybe stain them?

Shoes definitely need help in this department. Suggestions?

Tophat will be satin black. Plain and simple.

Monocle preferably gold, so as to emphasize my authenticity as a wealthy person (which i am not).

Anywho, let me know what your thoughts are for my potential idea. I would like to wear this to future TEST events too, like bar citizens or hell, even Citizencon! Cheers!

Last edited:

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Alright folks,
I am seriously contemplating going to this gala in August over at the Frankfurt CIG office. I am starting to piece together a tuxedo outfit and could use some insight from my fellow TESTies.

Jacket (or something very similar, looking for yellow jacket and black lapels with 2 buttons in the front and 1 vent in the rear with functional pockets and buttons down by the cuff)
View attachment 12114

Trousers would be black, belt-loop-less and possibly have a satin black stripe down the outer part of the legs or maybe a yellow stripe.

Shirt would be typical tux shirt with pleats and french cuffs.
View attachment 12115

Bow Tie I was thinking one of these three, need help deciding. (i am a bit biased towards the checkered one in the middle.
View attachment 12116View attachment 12117View attachment 12118

Cumberbund just a typical black one, nothing fancy about hiding your tucked in shirt.

Suspenders Maybe just plain black or plain yellow? Checkered?

Cuff Links I found these, but dont like the wood finish, @Black Sunder mentioned maybe stain them?
View attachment 12120

Shoes definitely need help in this department. Suggestions?

Anywho, let me know what your thoughts are for my potential idea. I would like to wear this to future TEST events too, like bar citizens or hell, even Citizencon! Cheers!

As much as @Talonsbane suit suggestion would rock its not as classy as this for a gala. I also agree the center bowtie is the better choice.

I wonder if the cuff links would work with a enamel glossy yellow color.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Yes, checks all the way. I would say one criteria for the jacket, go as blazing bright as you can find. Check bow tie and suspenders if you can find them. Any black dress shoes will work. The question is the top hat and cane. . . Certainly you need something to bonk people with who doubt the superiority of the TEST brotherhood.

If you can find a clip-on bowtie with the bright yellow and black checks, you may want to cannibalize this for added entertainment:

We need lots of pics of the assembled ensemble, including suitable beverage of choice in hand!

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
As much as @Talonsbane suit suggestion would rock its not as classy as this for a gala. I also agree the center bowtie is the better choice.

I wonder if the cuff links would work with a enamel glossy yellow color.
If I were to get the wood cufflinks, I wonder if I could just paint over them...

Yes, checks all the way. I would say one criteria for the jacket, go as blazing bright as you can find. Check bow tie and suspenders if you can find them. Any black dress shoes will work. The question is the top hat and cane. . . Certainly you need something to bonk people with who doubt the superiority of the TEST brotherhood.

If you can find a clip-on bowtie with the bright yellow and black checks, you may want to cannibalize this for added entertainment:

We need lots of pics of the assembled ensemble, including suitable beverage of choice in hand!
omg how did i forget the tophat and monocle?! editing now.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
For the cuff links I think you can go off theme a bit. Links are too small for checks.

There are a kajillion oddball space-oriented cufflinks. I know, I just searched and was overwhelmed. You can actually get stuff that ranges from pictures of the Moon, spiral nebula, Star Trek, Star Wars, astronauts hanging in space on spacewalks, and "Space Cadet" links. So have fun with that! You might want to go with something a bright scarlet just to grab people's attention to them.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
For the cuff links I think you can go off theme a bit. Links are too small for checks.

There are a kajillion oddball space-oriented cufflinks. I know, I just searched and was overwhelmed. You can actually get stuff that ranges from pictures of the Moon, spiral nebula, Star Trek, Star Wars, astronauts hanging in space on spacewalks, and "Space Cadet" links. So have fun with that!

View attachment 12125
i do have storm trooper helmet cufflinks.....

Forgot your password?