Piracy Piracy Division/Squadron Organization Brainstorm

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I think the most privateery ships until the Polaris comes out are the Sentinel, Hoplite, and next patch the Prowler.

Still no official word on what the extra room is for upstairs, and whether they'll really add missiles, but the Prowler always offered great hope for us poor, downtrodden, forgotten and forsaken, plunderers and prowlers.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Can't go wrong with a Cutlass!

I love love LOVE the look and role of the Prowler @Shadow Reaper but that price is a big no no for me. For that price I could have my Caterpillar, Buccaneer, AND Cutlass.

Definitely going to get one in game though, but I'd rather have 2 multi role ships and a dedicated interceptor than something that's so dedicated and laser focused.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I get that, but you can always crew on one. Each of us individually owning so many ships when what we need are several players for a single ship is really unnecessary. And there are permanent loaner ships. The Outsiders wants to loan us their ships of all kinds. And there are slavers and smugglers who all want to donate their ships to us. I think that is very jolly and kind of them!

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Jesus christ @Stevetank . I thought I was hot shit with a Caterpillar and a Corsair.
There are many here who can't afford expensive pixel ships. I get ships so that we have more options for gameplay while those people earn their ships in game.

Right out of the gate we have plenty of options for piracy and claiming places. I even have a Pioneer for placing bases around the verse for cargo dropoff and landing pads.

Just making sure we have tools for the trade 😇

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
For those outside TEST browsing our forums who are concerned that TEST has a piracy division, please note that there is no “piracy” in SC at this stage - at least not in any meaningful sense.

Therefore there isn’t a pirate division any more than we have a farming division.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to get back to researching current trends in peg-leg fashion and shoulder parrots.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
...Therefore there isn’t a pirate division any more than we have a farming division...
I confidently predict that not only will we have a piracy division, in an organisation as large and diverse as TEST there will be spais/asshats who rob their fellow TESTes

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
For those outside TEST browsing our forums who are concerned that TEST has a piracy division, please note that there is no “piracy” in SC at this stage - at least not in any meaningful sense.

Therefore there isn’t a pirate division any more than we have a farming division.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to get back to researching current trends in peg-leg fashion and shoulder parrots.
Right.

I can't wait for our professionals at the Inventory Redistribution Services (IRS) to get aquainted with the locals in Pyro. 😇

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I confidently predict that not only will we have a piracy division, in an organisation as large and diverse as TEST there will be spais/asshats who rob their fellow TESTes
Not if we can help it. I'm not gonna shit where I eat. Presumably your orgmates will be flagged as friendly, and intentional blue on blue is grounds for being blacklisted imo.

We're all buddies here. I won't raid people that are my bros and the favor gets paid back by nobody in TEST taking bounties on the pirate peeps.

That being said we have almost 20,000 members, half of whom are affiliates only. None of us have any real idea how the PU metagame is going to work and how well organizations are going to work for day to day encounters. Could very well be that we have some accidental friendly fire because of bad tagging, or affiliates get ganked because it only shows your main org.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I mean, if they choose to be an affiliate rather than a member of the hoard it’s hard to complain.
But wow what an incentive to join as a main member!

Join TEST today! Explore the stars, join lucrative mining and salvaging operations, get immunity to the horde of deadly pirates terrorizing the poor carebears of the 'Verse!

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST

Join TEST today! Explore the stars, join lucrative mining and salvaging operations, get immunity to the horde of deadly pirates terrorizing the poor carebears of the 'Verse!
You forgot

Protect our own through the realised threat of ludicrously disproportionate response to slights or aggression!

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
I'm not dead I swear.
But do you sweat?

Tsk tsk, I leave without notice for a year and everything just falls to pieces sheesh.

Building a new PC that can handle SC better, so in a few weeks expect to see me zooming around trying to not suck as much.
Not intended? Hehe

About the computer, have you checked https://shadow.tech/int ??? BUT I guess it is still too expensive.

I kept collecting ships for our pirate fleet:

War ships:
Idris P/K
Kraken (my favorite)
Javelin
Polaris
Hammerhead
Nautilus
A2

Training ships:
Orion
Hull C
Hull E
Enedavor Master set

Cargo and supply:
Caterpillar x2
Carrack x2
Gemini
Crucible
Reclaimer

Fighters:
F8
F8 TEST Squadron gold
Buccaneer

Daily drivers:
Cutlass Black
Cutlass Red
Cutlass Blue
Freelancer MIS
Freelancer MAX
Freelancer DUR
Connie Aquila
Connie Taurus
Corsair
Mercury

I want to have the ships we need in order to train our professional asset management team, so I got the ones I thought we'd need.

I didn't get the 890 Jump but CIG already made a mission to rescue people from one, so we should get free trainimg from that.

Fight. Board. Carry.
4 Ravens, Orion, Kraken, Nautilus, EMS.

Not sure about: Pioneer, 890J, 350R, more Endeavors... Maybe a second Nautilus...

If I grab a credit Javelin EMS could get out of the equation as well.

But I am not sure yet how I going to play, I mean, I have already two accounts (the legal and the outlaw ones), but I am not sure how long I will play each role, etc.

Server Side Object Container Streaming
But I think the one we really want after that is Ballance.
Ballance? Is a type of whisky?

Jesus christ @Stevetank . I thought I was hot shit with a Caterpillar and a Corsair.
are us a not so hot shit? :-)

You are a very good pirate 😁
Then I am the worst one, the infamous sober pirate. Tremble in fear!!!

Hans farm vegetables, and us farm humans.

There are ways to reduce potential damage.

Right.

I can't wait for our professionals at the Inventory Redistribution Services (IRS) to get aquainted with the locals in Pyro. 😇
Pyro, what a wonderful system

I mean, if they choose to be an affiliate rather than a member of the hoard it’s hard to complain.
🤣

🤣

Last edited:

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
But do you sweat?

Not intended? Hehe

About the computer, have you checked https://shadow.tech/int ??? BUT I guess it is still too expensive.

4 Ravens, Orion, Kraken, Nautilus, EMS.

Not sure about: Pioneer, 890J, 350R, more Endeavors... Maybe a second Nautilus...

If I grab a credit Javelin EMS could get out of the equation as well.

But I am not sure yet how I going to play, I mean, I have already two accounts (the legal and the outlaw ones), but I am not sure how long I will play each role, etc.

Ballance? Is a type of whisky?

are us a not so hot shit? :-)

Then I am the worst one, the infamous sober pirate. Tremble in fear!!!

Hans farm vegetables, and us farm humans.

There are ways to reduce potential damage.

Pyro, what a wonderful system

🤣

🤣

[
Your fleet is quite impressive as well 😃

We'll go redistribute the Ballance Wiskey in Pyro with Squeaker's hot pirate fleet! May we fly sober so other TESTies can have more to drink!

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
Your fleet is quite impressive as well 😃

We'll go redistribute the Ballance Wiskey in Pyro with Squeaker's hot pirate fleet! May we fly sober so other TESTies can have more to drink!
I am sitting around 5000 to 5500 credits or so currently. Maybe a bit more but I can not check it until I can reach my computer.

Forgot your password?