Pirate interdictions?

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
This sounds like all full of awesome sauce. I'm glad there is an easy way of escape, but I think if indeed you are flying in and out of outlaw space, this ought to happen regularly and with a growing threat.
It is pretty exciting, the problem will be balancing. Can single bee kill you? The answer is no, unless you're allergic to them of course. So, I would think a single buccaneer would be like a bee attacking an Orion, it would sting but really stands no chance of doing anything to it - shields alone would absorb anything by the "bee" tossed at it. Now, imagine a swarm of bees... that is a different story. So, I hope a buck could not do anything to larger ships, just annoy and harass. I really do not want to see a single buck, or even 2 or 3 of them doing anything to an Orion, or large ship for that matter. What's a PT boat going to do against a destroyer... nothing except piss them off.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Yeah. Seems pretty obvious they're presenting all the Drake ships as the poor pirate's choice for their trade, and it is really groups that are dangerous. That's why I am wondering what is knocking people out of quantum-space. What does this require and what sort of group are folks facing, or does everyone run before they can find out? There must be something big enough to load cargo. I'm wondering if they didn't put it on the Bucky, did they put it on the Cat? That would make the Cat suddenly much more interesting and valuable.

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
not sure... but a i'd hope the quantum drive upgrade to help lessen the percent chance you can be pulled out of quantum. I am sure they are just playing around with the mechanic for now and will be refined as we go. fingers crossed.

Reactions: Mich Angel

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I can't guess why everyone is taking this casually. I don't know of any other game that has enacted this gaming dynamic and it is one of the reasons I want to play SC!

Count me excited!
Used to get it in some of the sketchy sectors in Freelancer - there was no Quantum but you had travel lanes which were made of gates that'd throw you across a sector very quickly... If a lane was disrupted you'd fall out of it and be set upon by raiders. You could also jump out of a lane and deactivate the nearest gate by shooting at it, freighters would fall out of it and you could attack them for their freight. The gate would slowly recover and once back up to strength the lane was complete again.

It was a very cool mechanic.

Maybe Quantum might have to have a similar restriction? Rather than gates, a restriction like it can only link between gravitational centers like planets, jump points and asteroid fields? Perhaps even the gravity generators stations use for their internal gravity could be locked on to but be a weaker more interdictable lock? That would make guessing where routes would occur much easier for players as well as NPC's.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?