Plan of attack...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Right - I didn't plan to drink this Christmas because I am boring, but i've found myself with the following beverages:

Amaretto
Asti
Prosecco
Champagne

Because I work in retail I was working today, will have tomorrow and Boxing Day off and am back to work on the 27th.

So:

How in all hell am I going to get through what is about 3 liters of strong alcohol?

I'm guessing i'll have to tank it all on the 25th and have the 26th to recover but i really have no idea. The soon-to-be wife can assist but thats still roughly 15 units per person...

Any suggestions?

P.S. I have not partaken of alcohol for seven months so it could get a bit messy. Any advice greatly appreciated.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Give away the Amaretto as present so you won't throw up, drink the Asti NOW, drink the Prosecco tomorrow, keep the champagne for 31st.
Interesting approach, I'd be up for donating the Amaretto however I only really do that with Jack Daniels, plus this is supermarket own-brand Ameretto - Giving it away could cause more offense than delight.

Perhaps using is as a night-cap? I do like the idea of saving the champers, perhaps she can have the Asti and i'll have the Prosecco?

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Right - I didn't plan to drink this Christmas because I am boring, but i've found myself with the following beverages:

Amaretto
Asti
Prosecco
Champagne

Because I work in retail I was working today, will have tomorrow and Boxing Day off and am back to work on the 27th.

So:

How in all hell am I going to get through what is about 3 liters of strong alcohol?

I'm guessing i'll have to tank it all on the 25th and have the 26th to recover but i really have no idea. The soon-to-be wife can assist but thats still roughly 15 units per person...

Any suggestions?

P.S. I have not partaken of alcohol for seven months so it could get a bit messy. Any advice greatly appreciated.
Drink and drink again.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
a shot of Amaretto is delicious in your after-dinner coffee (or in your morning coffee on the weekend)

it's not necessary to consume everything in one go, it won't spoil

when I worked as a clerk on Wall St. I received 24 fifths of booze from clients that Christmas

we found some of those bottles in my parents' liquor cabinet when they cleared out the house to sell it 25 years on

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
a shot of Amaretto is delicious in your after-dinner coffee (or in your morning coffee on the weekend)

it's not necessary to consume everything in one go, it won't spoil

when I worked as a clerk on Wall St. I received 24 fifths of booze from clients that Christmas

we found some of those bottles in my parents' liquor cabinet when they cleared out the house to sell it 25 years on
Ah gotcha: it's a marathon, not a sprint. Enjoy responsibly :)

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Interesting approach, I'd be up for donating the Amaretto however I only really do that with Jack Daniels, plus this is supermarket own-brand Ameretto - Giving it away could cause more offense than delight.
I wouldn't be offended if you gave it to me.

I say drink what you want when you want and fuck the haters. If you have any left over it won't go to waste once you have to deal with people making returns lol.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77

Amaretto
Asti
Prosecco
Champagne

So:

Any suggestions?

You mix the Asti, Prosecco and champagne together in a large bowl, add some citrus slices and instant spritzer.
Oh and use a straw. It'll look cooler.

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
I didn't know it was possible to have that much in the first place, surely when alcohol is acquired it is consumed yes? Not stored or saved for another day? Am I right no?

I don't understand you at all. That is what I would call if I were in your situation "a bloody good Sunday night!".

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
This may be the last thing anyone ever expected to hear from me, but: you don't have to drink it all at once. You can simply enjoy a drink or two every day for the next week or two. No law saying you gotta get smashed tomorrow. Have a few beverages, but enjoy the time spent with friends and family and the little lady in your life.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
This may be the last thing anyone ever expected to hear from me, but: you don't have to drink it all at once. You can simply enjoy a drink or two every day for the next week or two. No law saying you gotta get smashed tomorrow. Have a few beverages, but enjoy the time spent with friends and family and the little lady in your life.
Ok who hacked Owl's account and is impersonating him?

Actually my fine feathered friend from the North, you are correct and truly wise. Go slow everyone and enjoy the family. Especially the kids, who'll grow up and leave before you know it. And the elders who shall leave before we're ready to let them go.
Peace and respect to you all. I'll drink one glass in your honor.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Having had the benefit of all of the above replies, I have decided to approach the problem by combining the two main responses which is "Drink all of it" and "You don't have to hammer it".

I'll go one bottle at a time, between the two of us we can manage a bottle a day and it can be random days over the next week or so :)

I must admit, TESTies, I had expected some hard drinkin' advice so may thanks for being the mature, wise and responsible group everyone says we aren't ;) (And that includes those who advised I down the lot!)

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Amaretto goes well with coffee,
White wine is just unfinished wine spritzer
And champagne with orange juice, that's mimosa right there.
I'd say that's a pretty good way to get through it all.

Forgot your password?