RSI Handle
Aramil_Lorrathain

DarthMatter

Space Marshal
Jul 18, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMatter
Lies make baby Jesus cry!
And lowering your friend who is paralyzed through a hole in the roof to the building where Jesus is staying makes adult Jesus angry.
Apparently...

Why does no one ever talk about that part? It's flipping funny to read about Jesus getting angry!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
And lowering your friend who is paralyzed through a hole in the roof to the building where Jesus is staying makes adult Jesus angry.
Apparently...

Why does no one ever talk about that part? It's flipping funny to read about Jesus getting angry!
Angry? He didn't get angry. He healed the dude and sent him on his way. Haha.

DarthMatter

Space Marshal
Jul 18, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMatter
Angry? He didn't get angry. He healed the dude and sent him on his way. Haha.
Not in the version I read.
Sure, he healed the dude, told him to pick up the stretcher and get out. But he also scolded the friends that lowered him down. :P

DarthMatter

Space Marshal
Jul 18, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMatter
Damn, you must have a mean version. Westboro Baptist Bible? Haha
Nope. Just a regular Swedish one.

My honest guess is that a larger percent of the bibles in North America have been altered more than the ones in Europe/Sweden.
Stories change everytime they are told and/or translated. And to get to North America they have traveled a longer distance, not only geographically but to some extent ideologically too. It's been a long time since Sweden tried to influence Christianity (as in trying to make the country have an important role in the religion), which may have made it possible for older versions to get accurately translated.

I'm just speculating though. I have no proof and it's just my attempt to explain a difference in the book.
And in my opinion, this difference (along with others) can be used as evidence that a lot of the bible is the work of man, and should not be taken (at least directly) as the word of God.

DarthMatter

Space Marshal
Jul 18, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMatter
That may have been a bit to serious for this thread...
Sorry about that!
Here, have a pic of Youtube fucking up (explanation because text is in Swedish):
The pic is of my privated "Watch later" playlist, with no videos and 1 144 555 views...
Titta senare Youtubevisningar.PNG

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Nope. Just a regular Swedish one.

My honest guess is that a larger percent of the bibles in North America have been altered more than the ones in Europe/Sweden.
Stories change everytime they are told and/or translated. And to get to North America they have traveled a longer distance, not only geographically but to some extent ideologically too. It's been a long time since Sweden tried to influence Christianity (as in trying to make the country have an important role in the religion), which may have made it possible for older versions to get accurately translated.

I'm just speculating though. I have no proof and it's just my attempt to explain a difference in the book.
And in my opinion, this difference (along with others) can be used as evidence that a lot of the bible is the work of man, and should not be taken (at least directly) as the word of God.
That's actually a decent rationalization. Good work.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Ok guys we have a mission for the next few days, follow this link for more info. But the short and hairy of it is we are claiming our turf, this is our space, this is OUR logo, and OUR logo shall bloat out that section! Now follow this link and be the shit pixel posters I know you can be!!!! For the glory of test!
https://testsquadron.com/threads/test-logo-on-reddit-place.10377/

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Forgot your password?