Please don't like my thread-campaign

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
The author of that linked article obviously knows nothing about butchers. You can get all the pig fat you ever wanted from a butcher in Canada. Not from a grocery store, a butcher.
Honestly I didn't read past the first couple of lines that explains what the stuff is, didn't know if this was a thing elsewhere or not, as most translator sites failed to give me an acceptable result, then this link popped up. Obviously butchers exist here too and you are better off getting your meat and related products from them.
The actual origin (no idea what the linked article says about this) is that during soviet times nothing could go to waste, so the worst parts of the fatty stuff usually tossed was turned into this. Today it's different, it's just clean fat that is used but back then, even in the 90s it was pretty common to find all sorts of skin and hair fried into it.

edit edit: and I just realized as the clock hit 3am that it's actually just 2am, cos we changin back to actual time from summer scam time! Yaaaay I get to sleep 6 hours still!

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Honestly I didn't read past the first couple of lines that explains what the stuff is, didn't know if this was a thing elsewhere or not, as most translator sites failed to give me an acceptable result, then this link popped up. Obviously butchers exist here too and you are better off getting your meat and related products from them.
The actual origin (no idea what the linked article says about this) is that during soviet times nothing could go to waste, so the worst parts of the fatty stuff usually tossed was turned into this. Today it's different, it's just clean fat that is used but back then, even in the 90s it was pretty common to find all sorts of skin and hair fried into it.

edit edit: and I just realized as the clock hit 3am that it's actually just 2am, cos we changin back to actual time from summer scam time! Yaaaay I get to sleep 6 hours still!
Fried pig skin is a thing here on this side of the pond. We (my wife and I) normally buy it pre-made but I used to make it myself - so I have some experience with burnt pig hair. The other thing about pig fat is it often comes with bits of bacon attached on the inward side. That's a plus!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
If you could skin dead Superman, and then wear his skin (stitched up into leather armor basically), would you become bulletproof as well?
Hmmm. What colour is the local star?

Forgot your password?