Lorddarthvik

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Tangerine.
That'd be a heavy no. Super man only got his super powers because the sun was yellow. In a Tangerine system he'd be as pitiful as I am and was probably the reason why he was dead in the first place.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
It is a good question. I also wonder if the skin would simply deform and while the bullet wouldn't penetrate the skin it would still punch holes in you.
Pfft, get a load of this guy. Doesn't know how to properly wear someone's skin. You don't just drape it over yourself. There's stitching involved. It's an art!

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
So that was a waste of 5 hours...

Just to talk about something that doesn't belong in this thread, heres my 3.15.1 adventure for tonight.

I tried mining now that the prospector was rentable. I tried it right there on Microtech, found some nodes I could crack. Took to micl1 for refining, mostly junk like titanium and glass but still, I wanted to see how it works in practice or if it's worth it at all. Last time I did that refining was just a loss, I would've made more just by selling the raw stuff.
I planned to shop there, get some neat backpack, armor and a buch of Gallants and ammo (the only rife that's worth buying imo), take it back to NB (my home base), take the RAFT back to see how it handles and then with that, bring the cargo back for sale.
Well, I fell through the fuckin floor 3 times, lost my stuff on L1 cos I just randomly died for no reason and it didn't save any of my stuff...
Then when I finally got back with the loaded RAFT I couldn't sell any of it. I got the miles eckhart missions pop up, thought I would take my load to Hurston and be done with it there. Boy was I wrong.
All in all, 3 hours wasted for mining and trying to sell it. The RAFT is lost somewhere in the storage facilites of NB Intl. with it's unsellable cargo of refined ores cos apperently no one needs that shit (I can only claim it for some reason, shows as location unknown)...
Went and did the first mission of Eckhart which obviously bugged out after completion and never gave a second stage, and than I slammed into an asteroid sideways while pursuing a simple bounty around one of the moons there, in a freelancer max, at 600ms... and I had the same armor on that Montoya wears in his vids. Costs a friggin fortune that thing. Lost it all ofc.
Overall tally was going from 88K UEC to 53k UEC in this session. Great work!
At least the server didn't crash on me, I could play for 5 hours without any disconnects or other issues than the occasional missing floor collision, so that was refreshing.

Also, I just found out yesterday that I CAN ACTUALLY USE EVERY SINGLE RENTED EXPIRED SHIP! This is probably a well known "hack" by now, but it was new to me.
I still have every ship I rented during the expo in my list, so I thought what the heck, let's ask for one of them, this is CIG we are talking here, they must've messed this up somehow... Sure as hell they did!
Limitations are that you have to have the ship on location, it cannot be claimed anywhere else, but once you have flown it to somewhere else, it can be retrieved! This might mean that if it's destroyed, it's bye bye ship.
So basically you gotta retrieve it at NB intl. and fly it to wherever and then you can (probably) retrieve it there afterwards. I do not know if this persists through sessions, but I know it worked on Microtech and Orison and Mic L1. I took the 400i for a spin. Yesterday. And today. I rented on the start of Origin day!!
Yesterday I even handed it over to my buddy to fly around in, showed him Orison, got it stored and retrieved multiple times. All worked except one time it showed the "we can't deal with your request" message, but the ship was present, the pip for it was on my HUD with hangar number and distance and it was there.
I know this is very late info for anyone who might want to take advantage of this, as we are nearing the last days and it will all probably get reset when (if) all the ships become available once again for a day.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
No clue what a Rauchbier is but it sounds like a drink you should have.
It's this stuff.
Tastesand smells like piggy meat roasted over a smokey open wood fire (smoked bacon) with undertones of sauerkraut, potatoes, and a nice aftertaste of brown beer and in this version cos it's the dark one, a slight hint of coffee, just like in a Guinness. It's all nice and creamy and tangy and all those English words I don't exactly know the meaning of.
I was messing around with the phone camera so it lost a bit of head but it does foam like a mofo.
Their website has a store finder if you are interested in tasting one.

PSX_20211201_020733.jpg

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
It's this stuff.
Tastesand smells like piggy meat roasted over a smokey open wood fire (smoked bacon) with undertones of sauerkraut, potatoes, and a nice aftertaste of brown beer and in this version cos it's the dark one, a slight hint of coffee, just like in a Guinness. It's all nice and creamy and tangy and all those English words I don't exactly know the meaning of.
I was messing around with the phone camera so it lost a bit of head but it does foam like a mofo.
Their website has a store finder if you are interested in tasting one.

View attachment 21926

Doh I was excited as it listed a store near me... but the website is down and when I google the company it's permanently closed.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Doh I was excited as it listed a store near me... but the website is down and when I google the company it's permanently closed.
Aaaaah, sorry to hear that.
Funny thing is that I randomly found a very small bar that turned out to specialize in beer and they are the only place that consistently have a couple of these in the fridge. They even had it on tap one time! Ofc they are not listed on the website, of the 3 shops that should carry it, 2 never have it and the third one closed like 5 years ago.

TLDR.: now you now know what to look for, there is a chance that you might bump into it randomly at some bar lol

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Aaaaah, sorry to hear that.
Funny thing is that I randomly found a very small bar that turned out to specialize in beer and they are the only place that consistently have a couple of these in the fridge. They even had it on tap one time! Ofc they are not listed on the website, of the 3 shops that should carry it, 2 never have it and the third one closed like 5 years ago.

TLDR.: now you now know what to look for, there is a chance that you might bump into it randomly at some bar lol
There's a store near me that has Rauchbier sometimes. I haven't tried it yet but if they do the next time I go, I promise to tell @Bambooza all about it.

Forgot your password?